Chatku Ahmed losing eyesight!
Published: 06:28 PM, 19 August 2019
The condition of Chatku Ahmed, a renowned film director of Dhaka films, is not good. He is losing his eyesight. He has been suffering from ‘macular degeneration’ in the left eye retina for a long time. He lost his right eye because of glaucoma for 22 years.
Currently, after seeking appointment to different ophthalmologists in Bangladesh and India for the treatment of left eye, doctors advised giving 5 ‘Lucentis’ injections to prevent his blindness. Each of these injections costs more than Tk 1 lakh. Besides eye problems, Chatku Ahmed suffers from various physical complications including heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure.
As the situation of the film has not been in good shape for a long time, it is impossible for him to get this expensive treatment due to his unemployment.
Chatku Ahmed first directed the play ‘Dakghar’ of Rabindranath Tagore in 1962. Then in 1966, he composed the serial drama ‘Amar Jibon’ and ‘Dithi’ directed by Joy and produced by Falguni Hamid. In 1972, he debuted in the film industry as an assistant director in the film titled ‘Titas Ekti Nodir Naam’ directed by Hrithik Ghatak.
During his long career, Chatku Ahmed wrote stories, screenplays, and dialogues of over 300 films. Of which the National Film Award-winning films - ‘Sotto Mittha’, Banglar Bodhu’, ‘Lalu Mastan’, ‘Pita Mata Sastan’, ‘Ghatak’ and ‘Chetona’.
He has composed ‘Abujh Santan’ directed by Kamal Ahmed, ‘Prem Shakti’ directed by Nayakraj Razzak, ‘Hingsha’ and ‘Mittha Ohongkar’ directed by Mutaleb Hossain, ‘Judge Saheb’ by Shamsuddin Tagar, ‘Swami Keno Asami’ by Monowar Khokon and ‘Shanti Chai’ directed by Sohanur Rahman Sohan etc.
Chatku Ahmed has directed several films so far. Among these - ‘Naat Bau’, ‘Raajdondo’, ‘Grihobibad’, ‘Ottyachar’, ‘Chetona’, ‘Maya Mamata’, ‘Sottyer Mrittu Nai’, ‘Buker Vitor Agun’, ‘Mitthar Mrittu’, ‘Buk Vora Bhalobasha’, ‘Borsha Badal’, ‘Sesh Juddho’, ‘Mohatandob’, ‘Ajker Rupban’, ‘Protibadi Master’.
In recognition of his career, he was awarded the Bacchus Award as the best composer, story writer, and dialogue for the film ‘Griho Bibad’ in 1986. In 1989, he received the Bangladesh National Film Award as the best dialogue writer for the film ‘Sotto Mittha’. The film ‘Sotter Mrittu Nai’ directed by him is one of the most successful films in Bangladesh.
- S Korea`s young men are fighting against feminism
- Hong Kong protesters trash subway station, stage mall rally
- 19 arrested from 3 Spa centers at Gulshan-1
- Nasima Begum appointed NHRC Chairman
- Houthi rebels in Yemen say they will stop attacks on Saudi Arabia
- 5 JMB men sentenced 12 yrs jail for Khilkhet bomb attack
- 16 years friendship or something!
- U-19 cricket team leaves for NZ Monday
- Couple becomes millionaire by cheating
- Live crocodile in pond!
- Twin Town: An unsolved mystery of India
- Daughter demands info on Mehbooba Mufti’s arrest
- Huge Typhoon Tapah threatens Japan, South Korea
- Bangabandhu Gold Cup Football held in Gaibandha
- India opt to bat in 3rd T20
- Stem cells to repair brain
- Stay out of Gulf; Iran warns
- Alia Bhatt to play lead in Sanjay Leela Bhansali`s Gangubai!
- Gaur Nagar: The capital of early Bengal
- Casino gadgets recovered from 4 clubs in Motijheel
- Online products sellers to pay VAT: NBR
- College student killed for ransom
- ACC: Govt officials held in Dinajpur
- BUP Film Fest-2019 begins Monday
- Rashid Khan uncertain for tri-series final
- JU `A` unit admission tests held
- How can you make your feet pretty?
- Bandit jumps into river gripping woman
- Charge sheet against Minni fabricated: Lawyer
- Foreign liquor recovered in Padma!
- All News »
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- Codex Gigas: The Devil’s Bible
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Fire breaks out at Shwapno Super Shop in Banani
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Juba League leader Khaled arrested
- White House: A monstrous residence
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test today
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- Lalbagh Fort: Secret Tunnels and historical mysteries
- Chikon Kala: Jungle of insatiable demons
- Bakarkhani, symbol of an ‘immortal love’ story
- Pygmy: The forest lovers
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test Friday
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test begins
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- Nargis Fakhri coming to Dhaka
- Shakib Khan’s talk on Salman Shah’s birthday celebration
- Salman Shah’s weeklong birthday celebration
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- Puja Cherry got married!
- ‘Chapati Tuhin’ killed in Narayanganj gunfight
- Mysterious dragon of Boga Lake
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean
- Lukla: World`s most dangerous airport
- Srabanti in Gym, then what happen?
- US plan to explode moon with NUC bombing