Chaos over mobile theft in Soumya’s wed
Published: 10:01 AM, 27 February 2020 Updated: 10:15 AM, 27 February 2020
Soumya`s wedding ceremony
The marriage ceremony of Bangladesh National Cricket team all-rounder Soumya Sarkar was started at Khulna Club on Wednesday night in a pleasant atmosphere. But the joy went down following an incident of mobile phone theft within an hour.
In the wake of a mobile theft incident, members of Soumya's family were beaten. This situation runs from 11 am to 12 am at the Khulna club premises. Later, the police rushed to the spot and brought the situation under control.
The members of Soumyar's family said that seven mobile phones were stolen including the phone of Soumya's father, Kishori Mohan Sarker, industrialist Dinabandhu Mitra and Soumya's friend Oli. Soumya’s brother Income Tax Deputy Commissioner Pranab Kumar Sarker informed the employees of Khulna Club about mobile theft and went to apprehend the thieves. At that time, some of the club's employees took the position on behalf of the thieves and even they attacked Pranab and Oli. For about half an hour, the formality of the whole marriage goes down.
Soumya Sarkar's uncle, Swadesh Kumar Sarkar, said that when they entered the gate through the crowd, the mobile of Dinabandhu Mitra was stolen. After this, seven mobile phones were also stolen from the groom-team including Soumya’s father, friend Oli. “After catching the thieves red-handed, Khulna Club employees took position for thieves and attacked us,” he stated also.
He further said that if the Khulna club authorities and police first took the matter into action, Soumya’s relatives wouldn’t have been beaten.
Eyewitnesses said that Soumya's relatives called the phone to the lost mobile number after the mobile was stolen. Then, the mobile was rang belonged to one people in a little distance. When he was caught, other five mobiles ware found at him. Then the dispute took place.
Meanwhile, law and order personnel visited in Khulna Club after the incident. Later, senior officials of the police and club authorities met with Soumya's parents.
Khulna Sadar Police Station Officer-in-Charge Aslam Bahar Bulbul said, there was a dispute with the groom’s team and people of Khulna Club over the mobile theft. There was no incident of beating. Two thieves are detained at the police station. Five mobile phones were recovered from them. They will be questioned later.
- Influenza treatment in corona: NZ reports 1st death
- Corona death jumped 3 fold in 10 days last
- No new coronavirus case detected in last 24 hrs: IEDCR
- Infant, younger than a year dies of coronavirus
- 3-10 pc recovered Chinese re-infected with corona
- US coronavirus death toll surpasses 2,000
- Two hrs bank from today
- Sri Lanka reports first coronavirus death
- Nusrat helps to fight corona
- Relief distributed by UNO among poor people in Jhalokati
- ‘City of Deaths’ Italy: Cause and analysis
- Corona death climbs to 30,879, cases over .66m
- Bank will be open for 2hrs from Sunday
- UNO stands by poor with food-money
- Shah Rukh returning to silver screen with Alia
- BCB announces Tk 30,000 for each non-contracted DPL players
- Finnish citizen becomes senseless falling from rickshaw in Sylhet
- Coronavirus cases in US increasing rapidly
- Actor Kazi Maruf, his wife infected with coronavirus
- 5 Bangladeshis test coronavirus positive in Germany
- HSC candidate under isolation in Madaripur
- Traffic police closed over misconduct with rickshaw puller
- BD made ‘Spondon’ to save the life of critical patients
- Be professional: IGP to police
- Global coronavirus deaths top 28500
- Deer roaming on empty streets
- DMP to distribute food 2,500 destitute people daily
- Youth died at isolation not affected by coronavirus
- Adviser spotted running away after Boris’s coronavirus diagnosis
- NU postpones all exams
- All News »
- 40 more building under ‘lockdown’ in Mirpur
- Coronavirus: 147 new deaths reported in a hour, infected 3,45,289 (update list)
- Coronavirus hospital to be built in Dhaka like China
- Coronavirus death toll surpasses 13,000
- Corona death surging to 19000
- Hantavirus: All you need to know
- Former Real president dies from coronavirus
- Coronarvirus infection climbed to .38 million globally (update list)
- 54 buildings of Mohammadpur under police surveillance
- All govt-private institutions closed until April 4
- Japan claims to develop COVID-19 vaccine
- British PM Boris Johnson infected with coronavirus
- One more dies of coronavirus in Bangladesh
- Coronavirus affected nurse kills herself ‘to protect others’
- Italy records 793 deaths in a day
- Lawsuit filed against China for coronavirus outbreak
- Shwapna Bhowmick developed 4 lakh PPE for doctors-nurses
- US actor dies from coronavirus
- Gopalganj road crashes kill 2 motorcyclists, injure 26
- Coronavirus death toll rises to 5 in country
- 3 doctors die of Corona in Philippines
- Coronavirus death toll rises to 17,451
- Nationwide shops declared shut till Mar 31
- Spain sees record 514 deaths in one day
- Remedy for coronavirus found!
- Now man dies from ‘hantavirus’ in China, 32 tested positive
- Sanitizers free of cost in Bangladesh!
- British health secy Hancock test coronavirus positive
- Italy reports 683 more coronavirus deaths
- India to go into full lockdown from midnight