Chairmanship odds in JP: Rowshan`s ambiguous state
Published: 06:03 PM, 23 July 2019
Chaos has made over Chairman post of Jatiya Party (JP). GM Quader is not the Chairman of JP- a statement has been viral on social media mentioning the name of senior leaders of JP including Rowshan Ershad.
On Monday, in the copy of a handwritten statement on the pad of the Deputy Leader of the opposition party of the parliament such type of information has been found.
At present who is performing the role of Chairman, according to party constitution, he will remain Acting Chairman until electing by council meeting.
Party’s Senior Co-Chairman Rowshan Ershad signed statement said 9 presidium members who agree with this.
The statement said, "Through the various news media, we have learned that the Acting Chairman of Jatiya Party, GM Quader, has been announced as the chairman, which has not been decided by any proper meeting in the forum."
The statement also said that "While performing as acting chairman, may exercise its power given by the Constitution Act of Jatiya Party Article Kha of Section 20 (2), as 'Honorable Acting Chairman shall act on the basis of majority opinion of the Presidium'; in the absence of the Chairman, Article Ka of section 20 (2) cannot be ignored.
They hoped the present Acting Chairman of JP will be respectful to other leader and activist of the party until the elected the next Chairman following the party constitution.
Presidium member Barrister Anisul Islam Mahmud, Fakhrul Imam, Salim OsmanLiaquat Hossain Khoka, Rowshan Ara Manna, Nasrin Jahan Ratna, Mahmud Chowdhury, Mir Abdus Sabur Asad, Prof Delwar Hossain Khan were agreed with this statement.
A few hours earlier, while talking to a Joint General Secretary of the Jatiya Party, in condition of not to mentioning name told that “Clash is existing among the party leaders as there is a conflict between GM and Rowshan Ershad over the nomination of the vacant seat in the death of the late chairman of the party, Hussein Muhammad Ershad."There is a dispute among the party leaders as there is a conflict between GM Quader and Rowshan Ershad over the nomination of the vacant seat."
It is to be mentioned that, on last Thursday Moshiur Rahman Ranga, Secretary-General of the party, declared GM Quader as the new Chairman of JP. But the senior leaders of the party denied to accept him as Chairman without discussing in the party forum. Besides, party members are saying that, for the own declaration as to the Chairman, Senior Co-Chairman Rowshan Ershad is angry and criticized GM Quader.
- Australia bowled out for 250
- 231 students` result changes in review
- Protest for free elections in Russia
- Biman’s return Hajj flight lands in Dhaka
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- Quader alerts AL men to BNP-Jamaat conspiracies
- BCB announces prelim squad for AFG test, Tri-series
- App launches to prevent dengue
- Cop caught taking bribe day after getting best constable award
- Facebook adds Chakma as 2nd Bangladeshi language
- Fire breaks out Delhi hospital
- Masrafe asks BCB for two months to decide future
- 4 of a family burnt in Gazipur fire
- Rawhide sale suspended till Sunday
- Priyanka Chopra reveals Jonas’ bedroom secret
- 1460 dengue patients hospitalized in 24hrs
- Newlyweds die in road crash returning from honeymoon
- 6 buses fined for charging extra fare
- Soumitra transferred to cabin from ICU
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- Kid drowns in Shakhipur
- Smartphone for blood pressure detection
- First return Hajj flight arrives in Dhaka
- Mgst described severe suffering in govt hospital
- Russell Domingo appointed Tigers’ head coach
- Eight killed in Ukraine hotel fire
- No MoU, 2 FMs dialog only
- College student dies of dengue in Magura
- Temperature may rise slightly
- Husband arrested in triple talaq case
- All News »
- Shaykh Muhammad bin Hassan to recite Khutba at Hajj
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- Three movies to be released on Eid
- Heavy rain pours down on Hajj pilgrims at Arafat
- Karchi flood: Death toll rises to 11
- Rabeya opens her eyes, Rokeya still unconscious
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Holly Eid-ul-Azha tomorrow
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- 2m pilgrims gathered in Arafat
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- Holidaymakers suffer in train schedule catastrophe
- Man. City. Everton to play tonight
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- PM visits conjoined twins Rabeya, Rukaya at CMH
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- Tailback, heat forced passengers becomes ill
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- 7 plays of Humayun to be aired on Eid
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC