Chairmanship odds in JP: Rowshan`s ambiguous state
Published: 06:03 PM, 23 July 2019
Chaos has made over Chairman post of Jatiya Party (JP). GM Quader is not the Chairman of JP- a statement has been viral on social media mentioning the name of senior leaders of JP including Rowshan Ershad.
On Monday, in the copy of a handwritten statement on the pad of the Deputy Leader of the opposition party of the parliament such type of information has been found.
At present who is performing the role of Chairman, according to party constitution, he will remain Acting Chairman until electing by council meeting.
Party’s Senior Co-Chairman Rowshan Ershad signed statement said 9 presidium members who agree with this.
The statement said, "Through the various news media, we have learned that the Acting Chairman of Jatiya Party, GM Quader, has been announced as the chairman, which has not been decided by any proper meeting in the forum."
The statement also said that "While performing as acting chairman, may exercise its power given by the Constitution Act of Jatiya Party Article Kha of Section 20 (2), as 'Honorable Acting Chairman shall act on the basis of majority opinion of the Presidium'; in the absence of the Chairman, Article Ka of section 20 (2) cannot be ignored.
They hoped the present Acting Chairman of JP will be respectful to other leader and activist of the party until the elected the next Chairman following the party constitution.
Presidium member Barrister Anisul Islam Mahmud, Fakhrul Imam, Salim OsmanLiaquat Hossain Khoka, Rowshan Ara Manna, Nasrin Jahan Ratna, Mahmud Chowdhury, Mir Abdus Sabur Asad, Prof Delwar Hossain Khan were agreed with this statement.
A few hours earlier, while talking to a Joint General Secretary of the Jatiya Party, in condition of not to mentioning name told that “Clash is existing among the party leaders as there is a conflict between GM and Rowshan Ershad over the nomination of the vacant seat in the death of the late chairman of the party, Hussein Muhammad Ershad."There is a dispute among the party leaders as there is a conflict between GM Quader and Rowshan Ershad over the nomination of the vacant seat."
It is to be mentioned that, on last Thursday Moshiur Rahman Ranga, Secretary-General of the party, declared GM Quader as the new Chairman of JP. But the senior leaders of the party denied to accept him as Chairman without discussing in the party forum. Besides, party members are saying that, for the own declaration as to the Chairman, Senior Co-Chairman Rowshan Ershad is angry and criticized GM Quader.
- One to die, 11 get life term for murder in Kushtia
- Dhaka-Sylhet 6-lane work begins in July
- Probe report in BB reserve heist case on March 29
- 9 shops gutted in Chattogram fire
- 16 Turkish fighters killed in Libya
- Donald Trump arrives in India on 2-day visit
- Date of Shab-e-Meraj to be known today
- Mominul departs for 132, Tigers crossed 400
- Sri Lanka opt to bat
- Mahathir Mohamad resigns
- Salman Shah commits suicide, not murdered: PBI
- Rain likely at many places
- 3 ACME employees killed in Naogaon road crash
- Bubly will not make any mistakes like Apu: Shakib
- Neymar gets red card in PSG comeback win
- 2 yrs of losing Sridevi, Janhvi remembering mother with best picture
- GP to pay Tk 1,000cr within three months
- Mominul ton, Mushfiq fifty take Tigers past 300
- Shooting at flea market in Texas
- Youth hacked dead in Noakhali
- China reports 150 more coronavirus deaths
- Two doctors die of coronavirus within 24hrs
- Tigresses faces India today
- PM for integrated development plans
- South Africa level T20 series over Australia
- Women’s Euro 2021 to kick off at Old Trafford
- Du Preez the hero as South Africa beat England
- Experience the world with Samsung Galaxy S20 series
- 6 of same family receive burn injury in Sirajganj
- Sheikh Hasina pushes country forward, others retreat
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Arms, alcohol recovered from Papiya’s residence
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- Papiya expelled from Jubo League
- Good news to honey farmers
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Coronavirus: Elderly and sick are most at risk
- Israeli soldiers duped by Hamas
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- Hundreds of thousands of mussels dead in New Zealand heatwave
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Crowd erupted at Shaheed Minar
- PM hands over Ekushey Padak-2020
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- Coronavirus: 2363 died, nearly 78 thousand infected
- 3 children among 4 dead in ‘horrific’ Australia car fire
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight