Suicide of schoolgirl Aritree Adhikari
Case filed against three including Principal of Viqarunnisa
Published: 09:40 AM, 5 December 2018 Updated: 02:47 PM, 5 December 2018
A case has been filed against three teachers of Viqarunnisa Noon School and College over the suicide of schoolgirl Aritree Adhikari.
On Tuesday night, the father of Ninth-grade student Aritree Adhikari filed a case with the Paltan Police Station (Case No-10) after being a plaintiff.
Paltan police chief Mahmudul Haque confirmed the matter.
He said, “A case has filed against the Principal Naznin Ferdous, morning shift in-charge Jinat Akhtar and class teacher Hasna Hena for instigating Aritree to commit suicide.”
He said, “The case was filed under section 305 of the Penal Code. The investigation officer of the case has not yet been set.”
Aritree, a ninth-grade student of Shantinagar branch of the Viqarunnisa Noon School and College in the capital, committed suicide on Dec 3, after she called her parents for complaining of counterfeit through mobile phones and asked for TC.
Earlier, in the case of Aritree Odhikar’s suicide, students of Viqarunnisa Noon School and College organized a day-long movement and declared all the exclusion programs till its’ fair trial.
Meanwhile, the High Court has formed a five-member committee to investigate the cause of suicide of Aritree Adhikari on Tuesday.
The court has ordered to submit the report within one month.
On Tuesday, two probe committees have been formed with the education ministry and Viqarunnisa Noon School and College authorities. Two committees have been asked to report within three days.
Education Secretary Nurul Islam Nahid said in the secretariat, A three-member committee has been formed led by Md Yusuf, Director of the Directorate of Secondary and Higher Education of Dhaka Regional Office.
The other two members are - Shakhawat Hossain, Deputy Director of the Directorate of Secondary and Higher Education of Dhaka Regional Office, and Dhaka District Education Officer Benazir Ahmed.
- Pakistan summons Indian envoy to protest `baseless allegations`
- Marcelo lost his place due to bad display against Barca
- Reza directs CDA to gear up projects to improve services
- US Treasury Sec Mnuchin calls China trade talks `productive`
- Spanish PM calls snap polls after budget defeat
- PM leaves for Abu Dhabi tonight
- Swiss actor Bruno Ganz, who played Hitler, dies at 77
- `Acquire knowledge on literature`
- CTTC arrested two JMB men
- BCC receives two int’l awards
- Surplus potato will be exported: Tipu
- Surplus potato will be exported: Tipu
- Heroic Perera ton helps Sri Lanka to thrilling victory
- `Runa Laila` with new song
- Bus-autorickshaw clash kills 3 in Sylhet
- Diet drinks increase stroke risk
- DMP chief alert police against injustice
- SERG Zahurul Haque’s death anniversary observed
- All 49 reserved seats elected uncontested
- ‘Shahidullah Kaiser’ recall
- Sadhan urges officials to brighten up govt image
- One held over Lalmonirhat gang rape
- Farmers` profit in mustard
- Are Carbs good or bad?
- Samsung to launch US retail stores in smartphone push
- Hasan inducted `Bangladesh Film Festival` in Calcutta
- Zulfikar Ali will survive if he got your help
- Al Mahmud’s namaz-e-janaza held at Baitul Mukarram
- Maduro blasts US for ‘stealing’
- Pakistan backs group behind suicide bomb: Iran
- All News »
- ‘Work with history of country’s Language Movement’
- Trinamool Lawmaker shot dead in West Bengal
- WB to cooperate with Bangladesh: Qimiao Fan
- Spain teeters on brink of snap election
- Bangladesh, Indian Air Forces can work together: PM
- Net house potato farming gains ground in Rajshahi
- Which channel broadcast BAN vs NZ series
- Biswa Ijtema begins tomorrow
- Elderly couple among 3 killed in Munshiganj road crash
- Haunting beauty of ghost towns
- “AL not embarrassed of BNP’s case against polls”
- Mithun`s fifty takes Bangladesh to 226
- Mashrafe confident of BD`s chances despite Shakib`s absence
- 28 including drug traders held in Dinajpur
- Illusions about losing weight
- PM visits LGRD ministry
- Israel shoots dead two Palestinian teenagers
- College student killed in Madarganj road crash
- Pahela Falgun being celebrated
- Two drug traders held with phensedyl
- Speech-impaired college-girl raped, man held
- Seven yrs of Sagar-Runi murder
- Ali, employee of Daily Bangladesh, injured in road crash
- 3 motorcyclists killed in Gazipur road crash
- NZ clinch ODI series 2-0 against Tigers
- Barcelona, Man City to play tonight
- 5 mayor aspirants get symbols
- Al Mahmud admitted to ICU
- “’Fagun Haway’ will inspire new generation in patriotism”
- Emergency declared in Russia over polar bear ‘invasion’