Caribbeans set 322-run target for Tigers
Published: 07:49 PM, 17 June 2019 Updated: 10:04 PM, 17 June 2019
Evin Lewis’s 70 and Shai Hope’s 96, and Shimron Hetmyer’s fastest 50 helped Windies to set 321 runs to win for Bangladesh in the 23rd match of the ICC Cricket World Cup at Taunton on Monday.
Mohammad Saifuddin strikes first in the Windies innings. Windies lost Gayle to 6-run. Saifuddin took three wickets- Gayle (0), Jason Holder (33), and Darren Bravo (19).
On the other hand, Mustafizur Rahman also took three wickets- Shai Hope (96 in 121 balls), Shimron Hetmyer (50 off 26 balls), and Russel (0 off 2 balls).
Meanwhile, Shakib Al Hasan took 2 wickets.
Evin Lewis and Shai Hope added 116 runs in the 2nd wicket partnership. Despite the extra specialist batsman, Darren Bravo at 8, West Indies have stumbled at the end of the innings. Mustafizur has come back strongly in these last 15 overs.
Despite the occasional big over, Bangladesh has got regular wickets to keep something of a hold on West Indies. Hetmyer and Holder had set them up for, potentially, a 350 finish. At the very least they would have liked 330.
Bangladesh let the game drift away after getting Gayle early and West Indies capitalized on it. Hope falling narrowly short of a hundred as Lewis, Pooran, Hetmyer, and Holder took the bowling on around him.
Earlier, Mashrafe Bin Mortaza has won the toss and elected to bowl first at the Cooper Associates County Ground, Taunton.
- DIG Mizan arrested in bribery case
- Artificial milk production: Cost TK 6, Sell TK 61!
- HC fixed further time for Greenline
- Abduction, blackmale then ransom
- Rooppur pillow issue: HC waits for ministry’s action
- Verdict against 5 Gaibandha Razakars any day
- Rajshahi Kings sign JP Duminy
- Death convict surrendered
- Law minister doesn’t consider Priya’s statement as seditious offence
- BJP politician downs Darwin’s theory of evolution
- No action to be taken hastily against Priya Saha: Quader
- 7 including 4 cops killed in dual blast in Pakistan
- WhatsApp: Security & privacy
- Tractor rams motorcyclist in Dinajpur
- Fire at Banani multi-storey building again
- Eating burger links chronic diseases!
- Hammerhead shark found first-ever
- Court denies bail for Minni
- Drug peddler killed in Teknaf gunfight
- 28 killed in N. Afghanistan airstrike
- Heatwave in U.S. kills 6
- Rain likely to increase in next 72 hrs
- Bail hearing for Minni today
- Death toll hits 15 in Chinese gas plant explosion
- 2 sedition cases filed against Priya Saha
- Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
- Not only diplomacy but economic issues should also be emphasised
- Over 22,000 rally in Moscow for fair polls
- Today’s sports on TV
- Zimbabwe not taking part Bangladesh T20 tri-series
- All News »
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- HM Ershad passes away
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- How to get HSC result
- Accused stabbed dead by another in front of judge in court
- Sohel Rana speechless on Ershad’s death
- Put Myanmar for Rohingya return; FM urges US
- Minni sent to jail
- PM urges DCs to be sincere for accelerated development
- PM to inaugurate ‘Benapole Express’ Wednesday
- HSC pass rate increases 7.9 pc
- Ershad’s body in Rangpur
- Ershad’s namaz-e-janaza held in Rangpur