Candidates submit nomination papers for DUCSU
Published: 09:33 PM, 26 February 2019
Candidates of different student organisations and independents submitted nomination forms ahead of forthcoming Dhaka University Central Students’ Union (DUCSU) and hall union poll scheduled for March 11.
As of now, eight panels were announced including that of the ruling Awami League-backed Bangladesh Chhatra League (BCL), BNP backed Jatiyatabadi Chhatra Dal (JCD), alliance of left students’ organisations, two factions of Bangladesh Chhatra League (Jashod) and Bangladesh Chhatra Moitri.
Apart from these panels, Bangladesh Students’ Right Protection Council, a platform which spearheaded the quota reform movement and an Independent Alliance announced their panel.
Leaders of the student organisations said their candidates submitted the nomination papers within the stipulated time fixed by the university authorities.
Meanwhile, the ‘rebel panel’ of BCL withdrew its panel from the poll following a meeting with the Awami League high-ups on Monday night at the party office.
The decision was announced by the panel members, who are also former Chhatra League leaders.
Sohan Khan, aspirant for vice-president position of the rebel faction at a media briefing said that they held a meeting with the central committee members of the party and would work for the Sheikh Hasina nominated panel of Chhatra League and make them victorious. Earlier on Sunday, BCL central president Rezwanul Haque Chowdhury Shovon, its general secretary Golam Rabbani and its DU unit general secretary Saddam Hussain were announced as vice-president, general secretary and assistant general secretary, respectively for the long-awaited polls.
- Today’s sports on TV
- Bus kills 9 months’ kid with mum
- Coronavirus Global survey: 2363 died, 78 thousand infected
- Father shots lightning bird, son takes responsibility to cure
- AL leader shot dead in Bandarban
- 2 drug traders held in Dinajpur
- Teenager electrocuted in Chakaria
- Top terrorist Zisan’s close aide Shakil held
- Worshiping Trump’s idol!
- FBCCI favor trade with China continues
- Naeem credits Taijul for his success
- ‘Very enthusiastic people aggravating coronavirus’
- Harsh condition of healthcare in Sarankhola
- Elderly man killed in Noakhali road accident
- Cristiano Ronaldo set to make 1,000th
- Shakib Khan’s new actress Salwa!
- Elderly man killed in tractor-nachimon collision
- Nirbhaya case convicts to be hanged on March 3
- Bangladesh emerges as self-dignified country under Sheikh Hasina
- Road reformed with kerosene spray!
- Daulatdia brothel gets namaz-e-janaza for third time
- Sammy to receive honorary citizenship of Pakistan
- Schoolgirl takes poison for lover’s weeding
- Sri Lanka win by 1 wicket in vacillate 1st ODI
- Ryanair boss criticized for Muslim profiling comments
- Maulana Mehmood Madani to visit Dhaka
- Sufi Mizan: A hawker for social service
- Bangabandhu Book Corner for all primary schools
- Pension within 3-day of bill submission
- Man detained with large number yaba
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Good news to honey farmers
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Coronavirus: Elderly and sick are most at risk
- Wuhan hospital chief dies of coronavirus
- Israeli soldiers duped by Hamas
- 3 children among 4 dead in ‘horrific’ Australia car fire
- Padma Bridge’s 25th span to be installed on Language Day
- Corona in Singapore: Another Bangladeshi identified