Candidates submit nomination papers for DUCSU
Published: 09:33 PM, 26 February 2019
Candidates of different student organisations and independents submitted nomination forms ahead of forthcoming Dhaka University Central Students’ Union (DUCSU) and hall union poll scheduled for March 11.
As of now, eight panels were announced including that of the ruling Awami League-backed Bangladesh Chhatra League (BCL), BNP backed Jatiyatabadi Chhatra Dal (JCD), alliance of left students’ organisations, two factions of Bangladesh Chhatra League (Jashod) and Bangladesh Chhatra Moitri.
Apart from these panels, Bangladesh Students’ Right Protection Council, a platform which spearheaded the quota reform movement and an Independent Alliance announced their panel.
Leaders of the student organisations said their candidates submitted the nomination papers within the stipulated time fixed by the university authorities.
Meanwhile, the ‘rebel panel’ of BCL withdrew its panel from the poll following a meeting with the Awami League high-ups on Monday night at the party office.
The decision was announced by the panel members, who are also former Chhatra League leaders.
Sohan Khan, aspirant for vice-president position of the rebel faction at a media briefing said that they held a meeting with the central committee members of the party and would work for the Sheikh Hasina nominated panel of Chhatra League and make them victorious. Earlier on Sunday, BCL central president Rezwanul Haque Chowdhury Shovon, its general secretary Golam Rabbani and its DU unit general secretary Saddam Hussain were announced as vice-president, general secretary and assistant general secretary, respectively for the long-awaited polls.
- Lemon cultivation gaining popularity in Panchagarh
- AL secretariat meeting tomorrow
- Black holes made of dark energy?
- PM hints at buying two more Boeing aircraft
- PM inaugurates Biman’s ‘Rajhangsa’
- Lukla: World`s most dangerous airport
- Mysterious dragon of Boga Lake
- People’s reliance now on JP: GM Quader
- Plaintiff tries to suicide in court over husband’s bail
- Bangabandhu, Bangamata football tournament kicks-off!
- TCB to provide onion at Tk 45
- Durga Puja set-out in Jamalpur’s 210 temples
- ADB president to step down
- Rawdah of Rasulullah (SM) under Green Dome
- Puja Cherry got married!
- 27 policemen awarded in Dhaka Range Crime Conference
- Sheikh Hasina so far receives 37 int’l accolades
- Veteran coach Nazmul quits BCB
- U-23 squad announced for India tour
- Corruption in rice distribution
- Hilsa scarcity leads to paucity
- HC’s rule on CCSU election
- Smith takes 34-point lead over Kohli
- UAE introduces free visa on condition
- Woman carried away on mobility scooter in a hilarious state
- Probe report in BB reserve heist case on Oct 20
- IEEE accredited Bangladesh University
- Bosila militant den raid: Probe report on Oct 17
- Over 75 tigers died in Thailand for inbreeding fact
- Blast in Afghan President’s rally kills 24 civilians
- All News »
- Mahi’s 33 and Tisha’s 22
- Paris court finds Saudi princess guilty
- Blanche Monnier spent 25 yrs locked up just for love
- ADB country director praises PM’s planned development initiatives
- Germany criticizes Netanyahu’s annexation plan
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Kristen Stewart reacts to Robert Pattinson’s Batman casting
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- 18 yrs of 9/11, worst terrorist attack in history
- Self-made billionaire Jack Ma, who was rejected from 30 jobs
- Myths and controversies of Taj Mahal
- White House: A monstrous residence
- Saudi reduces Hajj-Umrah visa fee
- U-19 Asia Cup final: Bangladesh vs India Saturday
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- ‘BNP’s many leaders are hired’
- Rastafari, a religion that developed against “Whites”
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- Taliban seizes more land after failed peace talks
- ‘Rajhangsha’ to be inaugurated Saturday
- Mystery reveals after query actress Shimla
- Padma Bridge’s toll yet to be decided: Quader
- Young Tigers thrash India, target 107
- Amitabh was victim to marry Jaya!
- Rohingya homes destroyed for government facilities
- 12 sailors missing as lighter ship capsizes in Bay of Bengal
- Tajia procession brought out amid tight security
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects