Candidates busy in exchange with greetings
Published: 07:06 PM, 22 April 2018
Pic: Daily Bangladesh
Gazipur City Corporation Mayor candidates have been spending their time with greetings after receiving notice of warning.
Meanwhile, rain becomes the main obstacle in campaigning. Although there is rain, the candidates are campaigning the election polls.
Many candidates and supporters said that if there is rain, then candidates will get the speed the run election campaign after getting the allocation.
Awami League mayor candidate Jahangir Alam discusses the electoral process with activists and supporters from different areas from the morning. At noon, he held discussions and views with journalists of various electronic and print media working in Gazipur metropolitan area.
BNP mayor candidate Hasan Uddin Sarkar spent time with the leaders and activists in Jubo Dal`s election preparation meeting at Tongi`s Auchparha residence in the morning. Gazipur district BNP president Md Fazlul Haq Milon, general secretary Kazi Sayedul Alam Babul, Mortazul Karim Badru, Nurul Islam Nayan, Advocate Emdad Khan, lecturer Basir Uddin, Sheikh Abdur Razzak, Rafiqul Aziz Prince, Akram Hossain were present on the occasion.
Women`s party general secretary Sultana Ahmed, president of Dhaka Metropolitan North Women`s team, Peyara Mostafa, vice-president Meherunnesa, general secretary Amena Khatun, president of Dhaka Metropolitan South Razia Ali, general secretary Shamsunnahar Bhuiyan, Gazipur district women president Jannatul Ferdous, general secretary Firoza Akhtar, Organizing Secretary Bina Chowdhury and other women leaders were attended in the preparatory meeting from women`s team
JSD party candidate Rashedul Hasan Rana greeted the members of his own office-chamber physician association in the morning. Meanwhile, the Bangladesh Jatiyatabadi Dal (BJD) officials also expressed support with the torch symbol. Later he prayed for blessings from the people of the city ward 13,14 and 17 in different areas with activists and supporters.
Besides, ward councillors and reserved women councillor candidates have been absent from their respective areas without proof.
- UN expert blames Saudi for Khasuggi Killing
- 4 charged with murder over downing of MH17
- Bangladesh made fastest growth in Asia-Pacific region
- Use your phone as a robot to avoid boring work !
- Dhaka Abahani thrash Manang Marshyangdhi 5-0
- Monkeys face climate change extinction threat
- Dubai’s Quranic Park landscape to express story of Islam!
- PCB to review cricket side, support personnel`s performance
- Upbeat Tigers take on Australia tomorrow
- SC upholds HC order on minimum age for FF
- UNO to get Pajero worth Tk 90 lakh
- Bangladesh sets global model in cutting poverty says PM in JS
- World No Tobacco Day tomorrow
- New Zealand restrict South Africa to 241
- Colorful pictures emblazon schools environment
- Govt will identify 30 lakh martyrs: PM
- Hilsa’s abundance in Padma-Meghna
- Quader asks to form new committees before national council
- 108th birth anniversary of poet Sufia Kamal tomorrow
- India opener Dhawan out of World Cup
- Govt to introduce health insurance for all: PM
- Jubo League leader stabbed dead in Madaripur
- Dr Nurun Nahar made IU law dept chairperson
- Navy Chief returns home
- Selima,Tuku in BNP’s standing committee
- ‘BD hosting 1.2 mn Rohingyas refugees from Myanmar’
- Passengers suffer at Jamalpur station to collect tickets
- Bangladesh sought Saudi diplomats help for Rohingyas back
- Payra power plant protest leads to Chinese worker’s death
- Ayub Bachchu Chottor being built with Rupali Guitar
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Australia beat Pakistan by 41 runs
- Mila’s assistant threw acid at Sanjari’s private parts!
- Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- 8 children injured as ceiling of hospital caves in
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- England wins beating Windies
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- 2 students killed in Pabna road crash
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- Bangladesh informs UN about Myanmar’s non-cooperation
- Facing measles outbreaks, NY bans religious vaccination exemption
- Gayle falls for duck!
- Most-detailed-ever; black hole mystery disclosure
- Caribbeans set 322-run target for Tigers
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- Cop sues wife on charge of torture for dowry