Candidates busy in exchange with greetings
Published: 07:06 PM, 22 April 2018
Pic: Daily Bangladesh
Gazipur City Corporation Mayor candidates have been spending their time with greetings after receiving notice of warning.
Meanwhile, rain becomes the main obstacle in campaigning. Although there is rain, the candidates are campaigning the election polls.
Many candidates and supporters said that if there is rain, then candidates will get the speed the run election campaign after getting the allocation.
Awami League mayor candidate Jahangir Alam discusses the electoral process with activists and supporters from different areas from the morning. At noon, he held discussions and views with journalists of various electronic and print media working in Gazipur metropolitan area.
BNP mayor candidate Hasan Uddin Sarkar spent time with the leaders and activists in Jubo Dal`s election preparation meeting at Tongi`s Auchparha residence in the morning. Gazipur district BNP president Md Fazlul Haq Milon, general secretary Kazi Sayedul Alam Babul, Mortazul Karim Badru, Nurul Islam Nayan, Advocate Emdad Khan, lecturer Basir Uddin, Sheikh Abdur Razzak, Rafiqul Aziz Prince, Akram Hossain were present on the occasion.
Women`s party general secretary Sultana Ahmed, president of Dhaka Metropolitan North Women`s team, Peyara Mostafa, vice-president Meherunnesa, general secretary Amena Khatun, president of Dhaka Metropolitan South Razia Ali, general secretary Shamsunnahar Bhuiyan, Gazipur district women president Jannatul Ferdous, general secretary Firoza Akhtar, Organizing Secretary Bina Chowdhury and other women leaders were attended in the preparatory meeting from women`s team
JSD party candidate Rashedul Hasan Rana greeted the members of his own office-chamber physician association in the morning. Meanwhile, the Bangladesh Jatiyatabadi Dal (BJD) officials also expressed support with the torch symbol. Later he prayed for blessings from the people of the city ward 13,14 and 17 in different areas with activists and supporters.
Besides, ward councillors and reserved women councillor candidates have been absent from their respective areas without proof.
- Afghanistan mosque bombing kills 62
- Nadeem joins India squad for Ranchi Test
- Sheikh Russel’s 56th birthday observed
- Death sentence for humiliation of the Holy Quran
- Turkey-led strikes kill 14 civilians in northeast Syria
- Workshop on IT awareness for female students held at DU
- Aligarh University Prof meets DU VC
- KUET admission test held peacefully
- At least 28 killed in Afghan mosque blast
- Semolina’s rasmalai!
- NASA astronauts Koch and Meir in all-women spacewalk
- Education programs runing on tide
- UN welcomes Turkey`s ceasefire decision
- FM calls upon German investment in Bangladesh
- Surge success of Urmi
- Bangladesh maintains all-win run beating Faroe Islands 3-1
- 6 foods that damaging your kidneys
- Bangabandhu Film City will be world class: Hasan
- NCL coaches terminated for not playing leg spinner
- New labor laws in Qatar benefiting migrant workers
- Saif hits double ton, Imrul 93
- 17 fishermen jailed for catching hilsa
- Artist Kalidas Karmakar dies
- 35 arrested in anti-drug drive
- Culvert, the last reliance
- 2 children drown in Narail
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh
- Tahsan not ‘celebrating’ Birthday...
- Singapore beat Scotland in T20 WC qualifiers
- US imposes record $7.5 billion tariffs on European goods
- All News »
- Father killed child Tuhin, claim police
- Unseen ‘Miss World Bangladesh’ Rafah
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- Abrar murder: First confession by Ifti
- Bangla TV to air Bangladesh-India match
- Zion gives 2nd confessional statement in Abrar murder case
- Brutality upon child Tuhin
- Sabila Nur gets married this month
- PM urges UGC not to go beyond rules
- Brutal murder of child: Case filed against 10
- Sunny, Al Amin recalled for India T20 series
- 35 pilgrims killed as bus crashes in Saudia Arabia
- Typhoon Hagibis: Death toll rises to 68 in Japan
- Padma Bridge work progress 84 pc
- 3 including Indian national win Nobel Prize in Economics
- Abrar murder: Amit, Toha on 5-day remand
- Bangladesh becomes role model in disaster management: PM
- Japan keen to expand existing bilateral ties: Envoy
- Gold bars worth Tk 6.5cr recovered in Shah Amanat
- The king who rose from the dead
- The female Pharaoh who ruled by wearing false beards
- Jubo League age decision at Ganabhaban: Quader
- Moushumi assaulted at BFDC
- BUET students’ call off protests
- MBBS admission test today
- PM for quick disposal of Abrar murder case
- Woman given ‘Talaq’ for alcohol, short dress!
- 2 pedestrians die after being hit by bus
- Sourav Ganguly set to be president of BCCI
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh