Canada`s 500 flights cancelled due to heavy snowfall
Published: 11:51 AM, 4 January 2018 Updated: 04:17 PM, 4 January 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Due to heavy snowfall and high winds led to hundreds of flights cancellation at Canada`s busiest airport. Despite an extreme cold weather alert being lifted for Toronto and the surrounding area. As a result, hundreds of flights were cancelled in Canada`s major airport in Toronto.
The local administration has issued travel warnings for passengers at Toronto, Montreal, Calgary and Ottawa Airport.
Flights authorities like Flight Awar and Passengers are facing severe problems due to cancelling nearly 500 flights at Toronto Airport.
According to international media sources, a large portion of Canada and the United States covered in ice due to heavy snowfall. The region was severely cold. From the first day of the New Year, tourists traveling to the Air Canada for vacation.
Previously Air Canada and West Jet were warning passengers their flights may be delayed or cancelled in the coming days as the East Coast that bashed by a winter storm. Still, those who went to Canada were facing severe trouble.
Airport authorities said that during the bad weather, two or three flights were arranged for four to five hours a day. In this situation, air tickets have been wailing.
- 15 houses fined having Aedes larvae in city
- Mother’s fight to fulfill daughter’s wish
- 3-day ‘Tree Fair’ begins in Manirampur
- ‘Sonar Bangla should be established to pay homage to Bangabandhu’
- Soroj Mehedi becomes BD Chief executive to MEDCOM-2020
- Big profit in little invest
- PEC exam schedule published
- Commerce Minister sought Brazil’s help to rise export
- Soumitra Chatterjee discharged from hospital
- Israel seeks to beat PTSD with ‘ecstasy’ therapy
- Mechanized farming in Bishwanath
- Mosharraf Karim flew to Canada on birthday!
- Air-ticket on mobile app
- Rohingya refused to go back
- Hardware security keys for Two-Factor Authentication!
- 2,549 dengue patients return home after recovery in Khulna
- 3 mobile operators gave Tk 9k crore to google-Facebook
- PM urges to improve Biman’s passenger services
- Nurse murdered over ‘triangle extra-marital affair’
- Rangpur farmers happy with better jute price
- Bubly wants to work with another instead of Shakib
- Probe report against 15 M’singh razakars released
- Another dengue patient die in Dhaka
- 3 cricketers injured in collision with bus in Savar
- Imam’s slit-throat body found in Mosque
- PM opens ‘Gangchil’
- Nepal bans single use plastics on Everest region
- 3 killed as two buses collide in Thakurgaon
- Another man dies of dengue in Barishal
- 3 HC justices ‘barred from performing duties’
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- Yarsagumba: World’s most expensive medicinal fungus
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- Sabbir invites PM to his wedding
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- App launches to prevent dengue
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- Apu Biswas comebacks
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- Champions League qualifying match tonight
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- 9th wage board: Hearing on state appeal ends
- ‘National School Meal Act-2019’ draft approves
- 21st August: 15 yrs of bloody chapter