Cabinet issues ‘new conditions’ for lockdown
Published: 02:41 PM, 5 May 2021 Updated: 04:10 PM, 5 May 2021
Shapla Chattar in the capital; File Photo
The government has issued a gazette notification extending the ongoing lockdown to tackle the coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak till May 16.
A notification in this regard has been issued by the Cabinet Division on Wednesday.
The six conditions mentioned in the notification are –
1. Officers and employees of all government, semi-government, autonomous and private offices and banks and financial institutions must be at their respective places of work (jurisdiction) during the Eid holidays.
2. Shops and shopping malls can be kept open from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm like before. Hygiene should be ensured in all shops and shopping malls. Otherwise, those will be closed immediately.
3. Inter-district public transport will be closed. However, after May 5, subject to proper hygiene, public transport will be able to operate within the district. Train and launch movement will remain closed as before.
4. The use of masks must be 100 percent confirmed. If necessary, legal action should be taken against those who disobey the order through the mobile court.
5. Such social, political and religious ceremonies where gathering has been seen should be stopped.
6. To prevent COVID-19, the Ministry of Information and the concerned city corporations, including the municipality will take measures for the compulsory mask-wearing in the city corporations, district headquarters and municipal areas, maintaining social distance and other hygiene rules.