Cabinet body okays 19 procurement proposals
Published: 10:50 PM, 5 December 2018 Updated: 10:50 PM, 5 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
The Cabinet Committee on Public Purchase on Wednesday approved a total of 19 proposals, including one to import petroleum fuel and fertiliser.
All the purchase proposals for procurement of goods and services will cost Tk 20,141 crore, Cabinet Division officials said.
Finance Minister AMA Muhith, who presided over the Cabinet body meeting as its chief, said this was the last meeting of the committee under the current government.
A number of proposals from the Energy Division for import of bulk Marban crude and Arabian light crude oil at Tk 6,557 crore received the approval of the committee.
The committee also okayed premium for import of different petroleum oils through open tender. As per the decision, the premium of gas-oil import was fixed at $2.86 per barrel, JetA-1 oil at $3.66 per barrel, furnace oil at $22.30 per tonne and mo-gas at $4.21 per barrel.
The bulk petroleum import through the open tender will cost about Tk 8,244 crore.
The meeting gave nod to proposals for import of 500,000 tonnes of TSP fertiliser at a cost of Tk 1910 crore, 100,000 DAP fertiliser at a cost of Tk 458 crore, 50,000 tonnes of bagged-perilled urea at a cost of Tk 155.64 crore and 50,000 tonnes of bagged granular ureaat Tk 155.35 crore.
Railways Ministry's proposal to import 40 broad-gauge diesel-electric locomotives at Tk 1,123 crore also got the go-ahead at the meeting.
- Boro paddy procurement drive begins in Narail
- Shakib on the brink of another milestone
- Mozammel to join Modi’s oath ceremony
- Iraq sentences 3 Frenchmen to death
- PM to leave home for 12-day tour Tuesday
- Miraz vows to cover up Tigers’ lack of leg-spinner
- Don`t want to see BRTC bankrupt: Quader
- Mahathir expected to visit Bangladesh at ‘year-end’
- Bangladesh-Japan to sign $2.5 bl ODA
- Habitual coffee drinkers really do wake up and smell coffee
- Study predicts shift to smaller animals over next century
- Exotic matter uncovered in the sun`s atmosphere
- PBI proves ex-Sonagazi OC `fault` in DSA
- Modi to take oath on Thursday
- IGP calls for increasing security ahead of Eid
- Bangladesh`s warm-up abandoned due to rain
- JS body urge to complete “Swadhinata Stambha” soon
- Eid Jamaat at 8:30 am
- 6 hours’ road reduced to 1.5 hour
- Hasan urges BNP not to do ‘ill politics’ over Khaleda’s health
- EC, Local Govt Division get new secretaries
- Cannes 2019: All the winners and losers of this year`s festival
- 72nd Cannes film festival winners at a glance
- Magnitude 8 earthquake strikes Peru
- Historical Conquest of Mecca
- ‘Gas supply’ in Capital suspended tomorrow
- No unity in Oikya Front: Information Minister
- PM for girls’ vocational education
- JP`s proposal to ensure safe Eid- journey
- Trump and Abe do diplomacy over golf and sumo
- All News »
- Contributions of General Aziz Ahmed as ex Director General of BGB (Part I)
- Messi scores twice but Barcelona held
- Ronaldo coming to Dhaka in Mujib Year
- JS body discusses security of women, children
- Taylor, Williamson lead NZ to beat India
- Ukraine`s new president Zelensky calls snap elections
- `Final should not decide my future`
- Aruk Munshi: living reflect of Bangabandhu
- HC seeks reports of lab test on 93 more food items
- 2 hijackers killed in Hazaribagh gunfight
- Cabinet reshuffle: Murad moved to Info Ministry
- Adventurous operation BEKPA-2 (Episode-1) under Captain Touquir
- Eid holidaymakers’ sufferings to be reduced
- The Army Chief of Bangladesh urges to increase interoperability of land forces
- 152,000 passed in NTRCA preli
- Rumin Farhana gets BNP’s reserve seat nomination
- OC withdrawn over schoolgirl Barsha’s suicide after rape
- 6 women among 11 killed in ‘massacre’ at bar
- 15 Bangladeshi survivors return home
- Polls to suspended 5 UZs on June 18
- 29 fake question leakers held in Satkhira
- PM inaugurates Panchagarh Express
- AIUB pupil’s body recovered from GF`s house
- Commercial operation of BS-I begins today
- On Mars, sands shift to a different drum
- Actress Maya Ghosh dies
- Panchagarh Express starts journey today
- Highest power generation recorded
- When Jail-guard are ‘drug dealers’!
- Poet Helal Hafiz hospitalized