CUET students leave campus over corona fear
Published: 04:42 PM, 16 March 2020
CUET students leaving campus over corona fear
Chittagong University of Engineering and Technology (CUET) students did not go to class on Sunday over coronavirus fear. Third-year students also did not appear before their term exams.
Fearing the spread of coronavirus, students of CUET are leaving campus and halls after two more people were tested positive with the deadly COVID-19 virus on Saturday. Till Sunday afternoon over a thousand students have left the campus. In addition to this, the students applied to the university administration to stop the education activities at around 12:30 pm on Sunday.
A different scenario was seen on Sunday across the campus. Classrooms, canteens, libraries were found empty. Students who are seen, they are preparing to leave the university.
Our correspondent talked to a student, on condition of anonymity he said, coronavirus has spread over 150 countries. In most countries, the disease spread very quickly within one week after receiving the first patient. So we decided to go home to keep ourselves healthy and free from the virus.
Apart from this, the third-year students were expected to take part in the term final examination from 1:40 pm. But no student was seen in the exam halls.
According to the earlier schedule, the next test for the third-year students is expected to be February 22. But students are demanding that the examinations be rescheduled if the situation improves.
"We do not feel safe in the current situation," said Taki Tajwar, a class representative for the Civil Engineering Department. So we decided to stay in our own home. We will be back on campus if the situation improves. So I am requesting to take the exam by publishing a new schedule.
Director of Student Welfare of the University Moshiul Haque said that this coronavirus is a matter of concern for the whole world. We will decide whether the university is closed or open.
When asked about hall leaving of students, he said the students had already left the campus at different times. We have nothing to say about this.
- Libya killings: Case filed against 38 people
- Biden accuses Trump of trafficking in ‘resentment and fear’
- DU goes for online classes
- 2 girls commit suicide after failing in SSC exam
- Fierce protests in US: 3 protesters killed, 5 policemen shot
- 30 more test COVID-19 positive in Faridpur
- 3 of a family killed in Sirajganj road crash
- 9 including two nurses contract COVID-19 in Shariatpur
- Another policeman dies from coronavirus
- 1,256 more freedom fighters listed
- Illegal structures on govt canal
- SP greet 10 policemen after overcoming COVID-19 in Cumilla
- Bangladesh reports 1st Rohingya death in COVID-19 infection
- 3 incl lawyer, policeman die in Ctg
- PCR lab set up in Sheikh Fazilatunnessa hospital
- 90s popular musician Biplob now a taxi driver
- Abdul Halim named BSEC commissioner
- Fire at United Hospital: HC seeks report by Jun 14
- House owner fined as Aedes larvae found in building under-const
- 10 more UP chairmen-members suspended
- ACC director Basir’s bail plea rejected
- Imran pleas for lockdown-relax
- 1.5 crore families get govt relief
- DMP replaces three asst police commissioners
- Brutal murder story of Junko, who raped about 500 times in 44 day
- Laborer killed by overturning crane in Cumilla
- Hygiene not followed at bus terminals
- Abrar murder: Jion’s bail plea rejected
- Trade thru Bhomra land port resumes
- Gazipur reports 93 new infected cases
- All News »
- Noble made his wife Salsabil a model in music video
- Noble got married for 3rd time seven months ago!
- 4 cops charged for killing a black man in US
- 23 die, highest infection recorded in last 24 hrs
- Over 2000 infected in 24 hours, 15 dead
- 22 die, 1541 infected in last 24 hours
- Three killed as microbus falls into Munshiganj ditch
- Anandabazar editor Anirban Chattopadhyay resigns
- Record deaths, infections in 24 hours
- Karate coach Humayun Kabir Jewel dies
- Electronic mask developed to prevent coronavirus!
- Brazil’s COVID-19 deaths surge past Spain
- 1166 new infected in 24 hrs, 21 die
- Fire at United Hospital: 5 COVID-19 patients die
- Offices resume from May 31
- SSC-equivalent results published, pass 82.87 pc
- India backs hydroxychloroquine for coronavirus treatment
- Over 2000 infected in 24hrs, 22 dead
- Former national footballer Salauddin passes away
- Xi Jinping asks Chinese military to prepare for battle
- A thrilling operation by Police: 6 youths rescued from Sundarbans
- Record new cases in 24 hours, 37 dead
- 26 Bangladeshis shot dead in Libya
- Slain 26 Bangladeshis to be buried in Libya
- 1764 infected in 24 hours, 28 dead
- Happy birthday ‘Legendary Actor’ Humayun Faridi
- Music director Wajid Khan dies
- Mahathir expelled from party
- Hong Kong `no longer autonomous`: Pompeo
- Coronavirus case in country crosses 40,000