Govt appoints 70 DAGs
Published: 09:36 PM, 21 July 2019
Government through a gazette notification this afternoon has appointed 70 lawyers as deputy attorney generals (DAGs).
Of the seventy, 31 were freshly appointed, 32 were reappointed and seven were promoted from assistant attorney generals to deputy attorney generals, said Law Ministry Spokesperson Dr Md Rezaul Karim.
Those lawyers were appointed as the deputy attorney generals as per article 3 (2) of The Bangladesh Law Officers Order, 1972 (P.O. No. 6 of 1972), the notification said.
Meanwhile another Law and Justice Division notification today exempted 26 deputy attorney generals from their service, accepting their resignation letters.
The government earlier in the month made a total of 105 Supreme Court lawyers as Assistant Attorneys Generals.
Recently Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs Minister Anisul Huq had asked the assistant attorney generals and deputy attorney generals, who were appointed before 2017, to resign.
- Govt appoints 70 DAGs
- Ferries not to carry truck during Eid
- Two bodies recovered in Pabna
- Muri Paddy makes farmer happy
- Hajj 2019: Multi-Storey tents in Mina for first time ever!
- Aush-Amon flooded in Moulvibazar
- Emotional Patrick Stewart unveils new Star Trek
- DIG Mizan shown arrested in bribery case
- Artificial milk production: Cost TK 6, Sell TK 61!
- HC fixed further time for Greenline
- Abduction, blackmale then ransom
- Rooppur pillow issue: HC waits for ministry’s action
- Verdict against 5 Gaibandha Razakars any day
- Rajshahi Kings sign JP Duminy
- Death convict surrendered
- Law minister doesn’t consider Priya’s statement as seditious offence
- BJP politician downs Darwin’s theory of evolution
- No action to be taken hastily against Priya Saha: Quader
- 7 including 4 cops killed in dual blast in Pakistan
- WhatsApp: Security & privacy
- Tractor rams motorcyclist in Dinajpur
- Fire at Banani multi-storey building again
- Eating burger links chronic diseases!
- Hammerhead shark found first-ever
- Court denies bail for Minni
- Drug peddler killed in Teknaf gunfight
- 28 killed in N. Afghanistan airstrike
- Heatwave in U.S. kills 6
- Rain likely to increase in next 72 hrs
- Bail hearing for Minni today
- All News »
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- HM Ershad passes away
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- How to get HSC result
- Accused stabbed dead by another in front of judge in court
- Put Myanmar for Rohingya return; FM urges US
- Sohel Rana speechless on Ershad’s death
- Minni sent to jail
- PM to inaugurate ‘Benapole Express’ Wednesday
- Ershad’s body in Rangpur
- PM urges DCs to be sincere for accelerated development
- HSC pass rate increases 7.9 pc
- My father-in-law’s head not okay: Minni