“Bulbul" likely to cross Khulna this evening
Published: 11:22 AM, 9 November 2019 Updated: 02:18 PM, 9 November 2019
The very severe cyclonic storm “Bulbul” is likely to cross West Bengal-Khulna coast (near Sunderban) by this evening, said a Met Office special weather bulletin issued on Saturday morning.
According to the bulletin, "The very severe cyclonic storm "Bulbul” over northwest bay and adjoining area moved north-northeastwards and now lies over the same area and was centred at 09:00 am today about 490 km west-southwest of Chattogram port, 480 km west-southwest of Cox’s Bazar port, 310 km southwest of Mongla port and 335 km southwest of Payra port."
"It is likely to move in a north/northeasterly direction and may cross West Bengal- Khulna coast (near Sunderban) by this evening. Under it’s peripheral influence gusty/squally wind may affect the maritime ports, north bay and coastal areas of Bangladesh from noon today," it added.
Met Office said that maximum sustained wind speed within 74 km of the very severe cyclone centre is about 130 kph rising to 150 kph in gusts/squalls. Sea will remain very high near the very severe cyclone centre.
Meanwhile, maritime ports of Mongla and Payra have been advised to lower danger signal number seven but instead hoist great danger signal number 10. Coastal districts of Bhola, Borguna, Patuakhali, Barishal, Pirozpur, Jhalokathi, Bagherhat, Khulna, Satkhira and their offshore islands and chars will come under great danger signal number 10.
The maritime port of Chattogram has been advised to lower danger signal number six but instead, hoist great danger signal number 9. Coastal districts of Chattogram, Noakhali, Laxmipur, Feni, Chandpur and their offshore islands and chars will come under great danger signal number 9.
The maritime port of Cox’s Bazar has been advised to keep hoisted local warning signal number 4.
The coastal districts of Khulna, Satkhira, Chattogram, Noakhali, Laxmipur, Feni, Chandpur, Borguna, Patuakhali, Barisal, Bhola, Pirozpur, Jhalokathi, Bagerhat and their offshore islands and chars are likely to experience wind speed up to 100-120 kph in gusts or squalls with heavy to very heavy falls during the passage of the storm.
Under the influence of the very severe cyclonic storm “Bulbul” and the moon phase, the low-lying areas of the coastal districts of Chattogram, Noakhali, Laxmipur, Feni, Chandpur, Borguna, Bhola, Patuakhali, Barishal, Pirozpur, Jhalokathi, Bagherhat, Khulna, Satkhira and their offshore islands and chars are likely to be inundated by storm surge of 5-7 feet height above normal astronomical tide.
All fishing boats and trawlers over north bay have been advised to remain in shelter till further notice.
- Motorola flips for its futuristic foldable phone
- Suu Kyi named in Argentine lawsuit
- Incentives to produce light machinery
- Folk Fest 2019 kicks off
- ‘Iti Tomari Dhaka’ to release tomorrow
- Headmaster suspended for student’s injury
- ICC to probe into Rohingya genocide
- Nepal emerge champions with all-win record
- NASA`s rover to hunt for microscopic fossils on Mars
- Banana twisted with mosquito coils, storehouse sealed
- Wives trafficking!
- HC irked over failure to crack Sagar-Runi murder case
- Huawei mobile services strengthen footprint in APAC market
- Ramiz Uddin’s Diya-Rajib killing case verdict Dec 10
- BGB seizes 52,000 yabas in Cox’s Bazar
- 24 holidays for Bank in 2020
- 3 killed in Gazipur road crash
- ‘I was ready to kill Suarez’
- Tk 323 cr revenue collected in 1st day
- OC Moazzem cried defending himself
- RAB detained arms dealer in Natore
- Lawmakers for arrest onion price hike
- Each upazila to get 10 physicians soon: Fardah
- Laden was Pakistan`s hero: Pervez Musharraf
- Govt urges media to publish objective news on sensitive issues
- 6 incl Food Controller-Chairman landed in Jail
- No academic recognition despite MPO enlisted
- 1 piece onion cost Tk 45
- Kuwait govt quits
- Quran-Hadith on onion context
- All News »
- Great danger signal 10 for Mongla, Payra ports
- Dhaka Int’l Folk Fest 19 registration begins
- Humayun Ahmed’s first wife Gultekin married again
- Cyclone Bulbul: sea ports asked to hoist signal 7
- “Bulbul" likely to cross Khulna this evening
- Monday’s JSC, JDC exams postponed
- `Bulbul` crossing over Khulna coastal area
- Bulbul weakens gradually
- 345 shelter centers open at Noakhali
- Bulbul likely to cross Bangladesh Sunday morning
- Ansar deployed in Bhola amid `Bulbul` scary
- Navy Contingents with 10 warships ready to deal with ‘Bulbul’
- Ram Mandir to be built in Babri Masjid’s land: Indian SC
- Two dead, 150 homes lost in Australia bushfires
- Govt prepared to face ‘Bulbul’: Enamur
- Tomorrow’s JSC, JDC exams rescheduled
- Tureen Afroz removed from ICT
- Cyclone ‘Bulbul’: 10 injured after 7 houses collapsed in Bhola
- MP Moinuddin Khan Badal passes away
- Bulbul hits Kolkata, Kills 1
- Cyclone ‘Bulbul’ left behind Bubuli in Bagerhat
- Rohingyas threat to national, regional security: PM
- Flight operations suspended at 4 airports
- Body of Badal arrives this evening
- Fatal train collision in B’baria kills 15
- Eight allegations of genocide against Myanmar
- Gambia files case against Myanmar at UN court
- 9 districts that will come under signal 10
- B’baria train collision: Death toll climbs to 16
- Tigers face India in 2nd T20I today