`Bulbul` crossing over Khulna coastal area
Published: 01:34 AM, 10 November 2019 Updated: 03:12 AM, 10 November 2019
Cyclone Bulbul has been weakened and started to cross coastal area of Khuna since Saturday at about 9pm; rain and stormy winds have remained in the area for this.
It now lies over northwest bay and adjoining coastal areas of gangetic west Bengal and southwestern part of Bangladesh, and continues to move at 8kmph speed. However, it started to weaken somewhat and started crossing the West Bengal-Khulna coast (near the Sundarbans) in the form of a severe cyclone. Bulbul is currently located in the northwest Bay of Bengal and its adjoining Gangetic West Bengal and the southwest of Bangladesh (21.4 north latitude and 88.3 east longitude), a weather bulletin of Met Office said.
It is likely to move in a northeasterly direction further, weaken gradually and may complete crossing west Bengal-Khulna coast by midnight. Maximum sustained wind speed within 64 kms of the severe cyclone centre is about 100 kph rising to 120 kph in gusts/squalls.
Sea will remain very high near the severe cyclone centre. Maritime ports of Mongla and Payra have been advised to keep hoisted great danger signal no. Ten (r) ten.
Coastal districts of Bhola, Borguna, Patuakhali, Borishal, Pirozpur, Jhalokathi, Bagherhat, Khulna, Satkhira and their offshore islands and chars will come under great danger signal number ten (r) ten.
Maritime port of Chattogram has been advised to keep hoisted great danger signal number Nine (r) nine. Coastal districts of Chattogram, Noakhali, Laxmipur, Feni, Chandpur and their offshore islands and chars will come under great danger signal number nine (r) nine. Maritime port of Cox’s Bazar has been advised to keep hoisted local warning signal number four (r) four.
The coastal districts of Khulna, Satkhira, Chattogram, Noakhali, Laxmipur, Feni, Chandpur, Borguna, Patuakhali, Barisal, Bhola, Pirozpur, Jhalokathi, Bagerhat and their offshore islands and chars are likely to experience wind speed up to 80-100 kph in gusts/ squalls with heavy to very heavy falls during the passage of the storm.
Under the influence of the very severe cyclonic storm “bulbul” and the moon phase, the low-lying areas of the coastal districts of Chattogram, Noakhali, Laxmipur, Feni, Chandpur, Borguna, Bhola, Patuakhali, Barishal, Pirozpur, Jhalokathi, Bagherhat, Khulna, Satkhira and their offshore islands and chars are likely to be inundated by storm surge of 5-7 feet height above normal astronomical tide.
All fishing boats and trawlers over north bay have been advised to remain in shelter till further notice.
- Coronavirus hits more Middle East countries
- Trump announces defence deal with India
- Papiya placed on 15-day remand
- Police becomes barrier to treatment of Rickshaw puller’s mother
- Holy Shab-e-Meraj on Mar 22
- Trump visits Taj Mahal
- Young girl crushed under train in Lalmonirhat
- Yunusur Rahman made DSE chairman
- Mahathir becomes interim PM
- Trump forgets Gandhi at Gandhi’s Ashram
- PM urges Japan to investment in power sector
- No one will escape committing crime: Quader
- 12 Jailed for carrying marijuana in Jamalpur
- India seal comfortable victory over Bangladesh
- Rapist detained after 18 yrs of rape
- RU also denies joining uniform admission test
- President urges BGB to stay alert at borders
- Hearing with using video conference at Information Commission
- Motorcyclist killed in Jhalakati road crash
- DU says not to uniform entry test
- Case against 9 brick kilns of Gaibandha
- Bangladesh restrict India to 142
- Coronavirus: 7 died, 763 infected in South Korea
- Mushfiqur tops Tamim to become leading run-scorer
- Over 80,000 police personnel appointed
- Zimbabwe reeling after Mushfiqur`s 203*
- Bangladesh to field against India
- Bangladesh declare after Mushfiqur`s double ton
- 55 pc work of Elevated Expressway completed
- One to die, 11 get life term for murder in Kushtia
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Papiya expelled from Jubo League
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Arms, alcohol recovered from Papiya’s residence
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- Good news to honey farmers
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Israeli soldiers duped by Hamas
- Coronavirus: Elderly and sick are most at risk
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- Hundreds of thousands of mussels dead in New Zealand heatwave
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- Crowd erupted at Shaheed Minar
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Sufi Mizan: A hawker for social service
- Two doctors die of coronavirus within 24hrs
- Coronavirus: 2363 died, nearly 78 thousand infected
- PM hands over Ekushey Padak-2020
- 3 children among 4 dead in ‘horrific’ Australia car fire