`Bulbul` crossing over Khulna coastal area
Published: 01:34 AM, 10 November 2019 Updated: 03:12 AM, 10 November 2019
Cyclone Bulbul has been weakened and started to cross coastal area of Khuna since Saturday at about 9pm; rain and stormy winds have remained in the area for this.
It now lies over northwest bay and adjoining coastal areas of gangetic west Bengal and southwestern part of Bangladesh, and continues to move at 8kmph speed. However, it started to weaken somewhat and started crossing the West Bengal-Khulna coast (near the Sundarbans) in the form of a severe cyclone. Bulbul is currently located in the northwest Bay of Bengal and its adjoining Gangetic West Bengal and the southwest of Bangladesh (21.4 north latitude and 88.3 east longitude), a weather bulletin of Met Office said.
It is likely to move in a northeasterly direction further, weaken gradually and may complete crossing west Bengal-Khulna coast by midnight. Maximum sustained wind speed within 64 kms of the severe cyclone centre is about 100 kph rising to 120 kph in gusts/squalls.
Sea will remain very high near the severe cyclone centre. Maritime ports of Mongla and Payra have been advised to keep hoisted great danger signal no. Ten (r) ten.
Coastal districts of Bhola, Borguna, Patuakhali, Borishal, Pirozpur, Jhalokathi, Bagherhat, Khulna, Satkhira and their offshore islands and chars will come under great danger signal number ten (r) ten.
Maritime port of Chattogram has been advised to keep hoisted great danger signal number Nine (r) nine. Coastal districts of Chattogram, Noakhali, Laxmipur, Feni, Chandpur and their offshore islands and chars will come under great danger signal number nine (r) nine. Maritime port of Cox’s Bazar has been advised to keep hoisted local warning signal number four (r) four.
The coastal districts of Khulna, Satkhira, Chattogram, Noakhali, Laxmipur, Feni, Chandpur, Borguna, Patuakhali, Barisal, Bhola, Pirozpur, Jhalokathi, Bagerhat and their offshore islands and chars are likely to experience wind speed up to 80-100 kph in gusts/ squalls with heavy to very heavy falls during the passage of the storm.
Under the influence of the very severe cyclonic storm “bulbul” and the moon phase, the low-lying areas of the coastal districts of Chattogram, Noakhali, Laxmipur, Feni, Chandpur, Borguna, Bhola, Patuakhali, Barishal, Pirozpur, Jhalokathi, Bagherhat, Khulna, Satkhira and their offshore islands and chars are likely to be inundated by storm surge of 5-7 feet height above normal astronomical tide.
All fishing boats and trawlers over north bay have been advised to remain in shelter till further notice.
- Two injured as onion-loaded truck turnover
- Bangladesh started practice for pink-ball Test
- Bangabandhu BPL players draft starts
- Australia bans Pattinson from Pakistan Test
- No question leak reported
- Bubly’s ‘Casino’
- Two banned cricketers in BPL draft
- Dead body recovered from Adabor
- PSC examinee killed in Dinajpur road accident
- Malaysia to hire Bangladeshi workers at low cost
- HC to intervene to cut onion prices
- Verdict in Holey Artisan attack case Nov 27
- Bangabandhu BPL players draft this evening
- 2 Rohingya drug traders killed in gunfight
- Tougher actions against onion price hikers: Hasan
- HC rules over forming independent prosecution service commission
- Wall separates madrasah-temple
- Happy birthday Runa Laila
- Cauliflower Musollam
- 58 arrested in anti-narcotic drive
- Quader sought students’ help for discipline on road
- Bus ditched in Kamalnagar: 25 injured
- Samrat on 6-day fresh remand
- Retirement age of FFs remains 60
- Dry weather likely till tomorrow morning
- Thousands devotees in Lokenath Ashram with luminaries
- Rajapaksa set to become Sri Lanka president
- 5 including children killed in California domestic violence
- Folk Fest ends making melody in heart
- Sand-laden vessel sinks in Meghna being hit by launch: 3 missing
- All News »
- Humayun Ahmed’s first wife Gultekin married again
- Bulbul weakens gradually
- Bulbul likely to cross Bangladesh Sunday morning
- `Bulbul` crossing over Khulna coastal area
- 7 teams announced for Bangabandhu BPL
- Ansar deployed in Bhola amid `Bulbul` scary
- Gambia files case against Myanmar at UN court
- Eight allegations of genocide against Myanmar
- Fatal train collision in B’baria kills 15
- Tureen Afroz removed from ICT
- Rohingyas threat to national, regional security: PM
- B’baria train collision: Death toll climbs to 16
- Cyclone ‘Bulbul’ left behind Bubuli in Bagerhat
- After ‘Bulbul’, now cyclone ‘Nakri’ forming in Bay
- Incredible! - ‘This picture is hand-painted!’
- Rogue "Bin Laden" elephant that killed 5 caught in Assam
- Tuesday’s JSC-JDC exam suspended
- 7 bogies of Rangpur Express derail; fire at 3
- Building collapsed in Ctg gasline blast: 7 killed, 25 injured
- Bulbul to cross Satkhira early Sunday
- Swechchhasebok League’s council today
- A single bad work can spoil 10 good works: Quader
- Bolivian President resigns amid fraud poll protests
- Tigers opt to bat
- State of emergency declared in fire-hit Australia
- Shaheed Nur Hossain Day observed
- Case filed against Suu Kyi at Argentina court
- 3 including loco master, director of Turna suspended
- Afghanistan faces Windies in 3rd ODI today
- Tigers’ dream shattered