`Bulbul` crossing over Khulna coastal area
Published: 01:34 AM, 10 November 2019 Updated: 03:12 AM, 10 November 2019
Cyclone Bulbul has been weakened and started to cross coastal area of Khuna since Saturday at about 9pm; rain and stormy winds have remained in the area for this.
It now lies over northwest bay and adjoining coastal areas of gangetic west Bengal and southwestern part of Bangladesh, and continues to move at 8kmph speed. However, it started to weaken somewhat and started crossing the West Bengal-Khulna coast (near the Sundarbans) in the form of a severe cyclone. Bulbul is currently located in the northwest Bay of Bengal and its adjoining Gangetic West Bengal and the southwest of Bangladesh (21.4 north latitude and 88.3 east longitude), a weather bulletin of Met Office said.
It is likely to move in a northeasterly direction further, weaken gradually and may complete crossing west Bengal-Khulna coast by midnight. Maximum sustained wind speed within 64 kms of the severe cyclone centre is about 100 kph rising to 120 kph in gusts/squalls.
Sea will remain very high near the severe cyclone centre. Maritime ports of Mongla and Payra have been advised to keep hoisted great danger signal no. Ten (r) ten.
Coastal districts of Bhola, Borguna, Patuakhali, Borishal, Pirozpur, Jhalokathi, Bagherhat, Khulna, Satkhira and their offshore islands and chars will come under great danger signal number ten (r) ten.
Maritime port of Chattogram has been advised to keep hoisted great danger signal number Nine (r) nine. Coastal districts of Chattogram, Noakhali, Laxmipur, Feni, Chandpur and their offshore islands and chars will come under great danger signal number nine (r) nine. Maritime port of Cox’s Bazar has been advised to keep hoisted local warning signal number four (r) four.
The coastal districts of Khulna, Satkhira, Chattogram, Noakhali, Laxmipur, Feni, Chandpur, Borguna, Patuakhali, Barisal, Bhola, Pirozpur, Jhalokathi, Bagerhat and their offshore islands and chars are likely to experience wind speed up to 80-100 kph in gusts/ squalls with heavy to very heavy falls during the passage of the storm.
Under the influence of the very severe cyclonic storm “bulbul” and the moon phase, the low-lying areas of the coastal districts of Chattogram, Noakhali, Laxmipur, Feni, Chandpur, Borguna, Bhola, Patuakhali, Barishal, Pirozpur, Jhalokathi, Bagherhat, Khulna, Satkhira and their offshore islands and chars are likely to be inundated by storm surge of 5-7 feet height above normal astronomical tide.
All fishing boats and trawlers over north bay have been advised to remain in shelter till further notice.
- UK Labour makes radical election pitch
- `Humble` Mourinho not planning on big changes at Spurs
- Another cargo flight with 105 mts Egyptian onion lands
- Israel PM Netanyahu charged with corruption
- Event Flow of Kolkata Test
- Nasim asks party men to make AL council success
- President condoles death of Katiadi AL leader Golap Mia
- Tennis Federation GS Golam Morshed fired
- 41st Cairo int`l film gala kicks off at Egypt`s opera house
- Mithila: “There is a word called privacy”
- AI bot beats human in multiplayer game with secret roles
- Syed Rasel named Dhaka Platoon bowling coach
- Why exclusion of PEC candidates not illegal: HC
- Fielding will key point in pink-ball Test: Mominul
- Tahsan new look of Farooki’s “No Land’s Man”
- Nigerian air force destroys Boko Haram’s meeting venue
- Emerging Asia Cup Final to broadcast on TV
- Bourses bounce back
- Don’t pay heed to propaganda: PM
- Bangladesh wins 1st Gold in e-Asia Awards 2019
- Car-Free Street in Uttara!
- BNP failed to wage movement capitalizing onion issue: Quader
- Baby drown in Tangail
- Pope Francis visits Thai Buddhist temple
- Housewife commits suicide
- 22 civilians killed in Syria by Russian-backed government forces
- 89 detained in anti-drug drive in capital
- Players would focus only on cricket: Mominul
- Armed Forces Day celebrated peacefully
- BCB announce women’s T20 squad for SA Games
- All News »
- Humayun Ahmed’s first wife Gultekin married again
- 7 teams announced for Bangabandhu BPL
- Incredible! - ‘This picture is hand-painted!’
- Swechchhasebok League’s council today
- Fire breaks out at Rajdhani Super Market
- Case filed against Suu Kyi at Argentina court
- Building collapsed in Ctg gasline blast: 7 killed, 25 injured
- Myanmar genocide case hearing next month: UN court
- Messi on target as Argentina beat Brazil
- 7 bogies of Rangpur Express derail; fire at 3
- Graduation at 9!
- Bangladeshi scientist discover `Chives` alternative to onion
- Tigers opt to bat
- PM seeks larger UAE investment in Bangladesh
- Bangabandhu BPL players draft starts
- Dhaka rope Mashrafe, Tamim
- International Men’s Day today
- Swechchhasebok League gets new President, GS
- Writ seeking Tk 10 cr compensation for Abrar’s family
- Srijit’s talks on marriage with Mithila
- BPL Players’ draft: Who in which team
- Thousands devotees in Lokenath Ashram with luminaries
- Bangladesh now a beggar-free country; says Quader
- Messi-led Argentina arrive in Israel for Uruguay friendly
- Fire burns Rangpur Express (Video)
- Sand-laden vessel sinks in Meghna being hit by launch: 3 missing
- Abrar murder: Arrest warrant issued against 4
- Malaysia to hire Bangladeshi workers at low cost
- PSC, Ebtedayee terminal exams begin tomorrow
- Amazon appeals $10B Pentagon contract won by Microsoft