Build house considering climate: PM
Published: 09:46 PM, 2 March 2019 Updated: 09:30 AM, 3 March 2019
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has said that we need to build houses including the hospitals considering climate. Buildings should be set considering rain and sunshine.
The Prime Minister said this at the inauguration of four-day long 59th Convention of Engineers Institution-Bangladesh (IEB) on Saturday.
Meanwhile, Sheikh Hasina has urged the engineers to take care not to damage agricultural land and reservoirs during construction of buildings.
The Premier said 100 special economic zones are being made for rapid industrialization in the country. In these projects, we have to keep in mind that the agricultural land and dam is not damaged. Rivers and canals will have to save. The environment will be beautiful in it.
Sheikh Hasina said we want to modernize agriculture, want to mechanize it. So that educated people can be connected to agriculture through technology. There is also a need for research for this.
She said, while going to build the highway, it should be considered that there will be water reservoirs. We will have to take development projects considering our natural condition.
During this time, the Prime Minister said we made Dhaka- Chittagong road four-lane to quick communication with the capital. We did double lane of the railway. There are plans for a network across the country in the Railways. We also planned meter gauges to broad gauges.
The head of the government said we are working according to the plan for the development of food, nutrition and life. We have a plan before doing any work. In the past five years, we have made the country self-sufficient in food.
Bringing the issue of BNP, Sheikh Hasina said that since 2001 we have lost power, corruption, militancy and misrule has been established in the country. After seven years again we came to power. We made a road map of how to build the country by 2021.
The Prime Minister said we planned for fifth year and 10-year. I announced in 2014, where we want to see the country in 2041. We put this issue in the election manifesto. In this way, we are moving ahead with a long-term plan.
Sheikh Hasina said Bangladesh is going forward today Worldwide development is visible. Everyone is surprised at the development of Bangladesh. There is a political commitment to the people of the country, the commitment of the people to improve the quality of life. We are working on this goal.
She said we have given a program for development in each sector. We have increased the budget. The budget has increased seven times more than the BNP's tenure. Our engineers contribute to these advances. Sincerely engineers are working because we are successful.
In context, the four-day Convention of Engineers Institution-Bangladesh (IEB) will end on Tuesday through various programs and seminars.
- Zimbabwe not taking part Bangladesh T20 tri-series
- Hong Kong actor Simon Yam stabbed on stage in China
- Germany remembers heroes in Hitler assassination bid
- 14-party demands bringing Priya to justice
- `Women entrepreneurs to get plots at BSCIC industrial estates`
- PM attains London envoy conference
- Schoolgirl commits suicide in Muksudpur
- UK summons Iranian diplomat over tanker seizure
- Boylifter: legal action against lyncher
- Tanker seizure: Iran Choosing dangerous path; says Jeremy Hunt
- Mobile court sentences 20 people in capital
- Tigers reaches Sri Lanka
- Youth lost life to adorn wedding
- Edu Minister`s husband Toufiq Nawaz severely ill
- RCC declares clean city next day of Qurbani
- Three-time Delhi CM Sheila Dikshit dies
- 118 native fish on extinction in Bangladesh
- Sri Lanka series will be challenging: Tamim
- Miller to play for Dhaka Dynamites
- Saudi announces free internet and SIM service for pilgrims
- One electrocuted amid shot circuit fire in Kishoreganj
- Robot to douse fire
- “Macedon too small for you, one day you will conquer world”
- ‘Benapole Express’ launches
- Priya Saha’s statement completely untrue: Quader
- Acne’s remedy ‘Nutmeg’!
- 50 years ago, humanity’s 1st steps on another world
- ‘Priya Saha fabricated allegations to defame country’s image’
- Priya Saha to be interrogated after returning home: HM
- Lawyers team on way to Barguna to assist Minni
- All News »
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- Two siblings drown in Shariatpur pond
- HM Ershad passes away
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- Accused stabbed dead by another in front of judge in court
- Stay alert to tackle flood: PM
- How to get HSC result
- Sohel Rana speechless on Ershad’s death
- Put Myanmar for Rohingya return; FM urges US
- PM urges DCs to be sincere for accelerated development
- Bangladesh makes significant stride in poverty reduction: UN
- Ershad’s body in Rangpur
- PM to inaugurate ‘Benapole Express’ Wednesday