Buet students place fresh 10-point demand
Published: 01:47 PM, 9 October 2019 Updated: 07:53 PM, 9 October 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
Students of Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (Buet) placed a fresh 10-point demand on Wednesday protesting the murder of Abrar Fahad. They placed the fresh demand at around 11:15 am following a silent procession on the campus.
The demands are -
1. Ensure capital punishment to the Abrar Fahad's killers.
2. Ensure the expulsion of all the identified killers from Buet for life by 5 pm on October 11.
3. Buet administration has to give compensation to Abrar’s family and bear their expenses for running legal battles in the murder case.
4. The BUET administration has to take proper steps to end the trial of the Abrar murder case within the shortest time under the speedy tribunal. The BUET administration has to regularly monitor all processes and inform students about this.
5. The official notice must be given along with a copy of the charge sheet immediately.
6. A complete ban on organisation-based politics on the campus must be imposed within the next seven days.
7. The Vice-Chancellor has to come to the campus by 2:00 pm today and answer all questions of the students which includes his explanation as to why he failed to show up on the campus even after thirty hours of Abrar’s killing.
8. All sorts of ragging in the residential halls have to be stopped. Students also demanded the expulsion of those involved in ragging students at Buet dormitories.
9. A common website/platform/forum must be developed which will have all such incidents that have previously occurred and will contain details of the legal progress. Buet Institutional Information System account needs to be used for this platform and work in this regard needs to be visible by October 11. CCTV cameras should be installed on both sides of every wing of the residential halls.
10. Sher-e-Bangla Hall Provost Muhammad Zafar Iqbal Khan must be withdrawn by 5:00 pm of October 11 for his failure to protect students.
Abrar Fahad, a second-year student of EEE department, was beaten to death allegedly by some BCL leaders at the university’s Sher-e-Bangla Hall in the night on October 6. Abrar’s father Barkat Ullah filed a case against 19 people with Chawkbazar Police Station on Monday. So far, police have arrested 13 people including 12 accused in the case. A court granted a five-day remand for each of the 10 accused who were arrested on Monday.
- Merkel visits Auschwitz for first time
- No change in post of AL president in next council: Quader
- Mithila-Srijit’s honeymoon to Switzerland
- Rebels kill 17 in eastern Congo
- Shakhawat, Rokeya win silver in SAG weightlifting
- Mithila tie knot with Srijit
- Myanmar Navy handed over 17 Bangladeshi fishermen
- Saudi Aramco raises $25.6 billion in biggest-ever IPO
- Cosmos Dialogue on Bangladesh-Canada trade tomorrow
- Gas supply to stay shut in Farmgate, Shukrabad tomorrow
- Radish’s ‘Jafrani kabab’
- Minister laid Press Club building foundation stone in Kaliakair
- ‘No one will be exempted involving corruption’
- Bogura Zilla Awami League council tomorrow
- BNP’s behaviour in court unpardonable: Quader
- RAB detained 3 members of snatcher cycle
- Bangladeshi archers shine on opening day
- Modi, Pranab, Sonia to join Bangabandhu`s birth centenary
- Agriculture Minister inaugurates ‘Krisoker Bazar’
- Three TV channels to broadcast BPL opening ceremony live
- Pancake without eggs!
- Language movement-liberation war’s colorful paintings on wall
- Child body recover from pond
- Giant ‘Tiger Shark’ caught in Chattogram
- ACC detained 2 civil aviation officials
- Pele’s last Brazil jersey sells for 30,000 euros in Italy
- 23 kidnapped from Mexican rehab clinic
- Bangladesh to honour 380 Indian soldiers: FM
- New South Wales bushfires condition worsen
- Hemayet 5th World Carrom rankings
- All News »
- ‘Bangla’ recognized as 2nd official language in London
- Mohammed Rezwan, floating school innovator named as ‘Earth Hero’
- Physician couple in Dr Baker’s place, serving poor people
- VP Nur’s phone talks leaked
- ‘No Dorai’ released at 8 halls
- Srijit-Mithila’s wedding today
- Get about newly elected Metropolitan AL leaders
- Trump makes surprise visit to Afghanistan
- 2 Jabale Nur drivers among 3 get life-term
- PM opens AL’s Dhaka City units council
- Messi bags Ballon d’Or for record sixth time
- 7 dead in small plane crash in Canada
- Adequate vegetables in market, onion prices still not fall
- ‘Bangabandhu Express’ to run from victory day
- Shaon in bridal dress!
- BD scientist photo likely in UK currency soon
- UN chief says humanity’s ‘war against nature’ must stop
- Video app TikTok unblocks teen who posted on China`s Muslims
- Sunny Leone’s ‘Hello G’
- Siam’s new look in ‘Ittefaq’
- Bridge attacker jailed for terror crimes: UK police
- Truck loaded with 40-ton onion missing
- PM flies to Spain on Sunday to join COP25
- ‘Daughter in admissions scandal’ Olivia returns to YouTube
- Kushtia double murder case: 4 to die, 7 get life term
- ‘Hotath Bristi’ actress June Malia gets married
- COP25 island nation in `fight to death`
- Shakib elected Player of the Year even after ban
- Euro-2020: Match schedule
- Flower blooms with Azan