Budget for 2034 will be of a trillion dollar: Kamal
Published: 11:36 PM, 25 July 2019
Finance Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal said that the national budget in Bangladesh for the year 2034 will reach around a trillion US dollars.
On Thursday, The Finance Minister said this while he was addressing the closing ceremony of the two-day Good Project Implementation Forum organized by the Asian Development Bank (ADB) held at the Bangabandhu International Conference Center (BICC) in the capital.
Kamal said, “We’ve given over Taka Five lakh crore budget for FY20. By 2034, the budget for Bangladesh will be a trillion-dollar, Insha Allah. You’ll have to have confidence in it.”
Referring to the indicative budget amount for 2034, Kamal said, “It’s gettable and it’s coming up and people will get the benefit of it. It’s a dream and we all together will materialize it,”
The Finance Minister said Bangladesh is now the 32nd largest economy and by 2030, the country would be the 24th largest economy in the world.
He said the main area of concern and focus of Bangladesh is to achieve the targets of SDGs by 2030 and to become a developed country by 2041.
“We’ve already become a middle-income country and now we’re a developing economy alongside India, Brazil, China, Russia, Malaysia, and the Philippines,” he added.
The best project team recognition program was initiated in 2001 and has been a regular annual exercise by ADB to promote the development effectiveness of ADB-assisted projects in Bangladesh.
- JU admission test starts Sunday
- Murder accused killed in Chattogram gunfight
- Kalabagan Krira Chakra president on 10-day remand
- Bus supervisor killed in Natore road crash
- Bangladesh opt to field
- Cops look for burqa woman taking Minni’s photos!
- Bangladesh starts U-18 SAFF championship with win
- Fairytale’s Hiramon
- Talks with Cameron: Suu Kyi lies over Rohingyas’ identity
- Minni’s trip to Dhaka Saturday
- Tohura star as Bangladesh draw 2-2 with Australia
- ‘Alpha’ to represent Bangladesh in Oscar
- VC Nasir’s one-day tea bill Tk 40,000!
- Fishers’ pleasure of repay dues
- Nusrat murder accused Moni gave birth in prison
- Bangladesh take on Yemen in AFC U-16 Championship tomorrow
- Milan Fashion: J-Lo struts updated jungle dress at Versace
- Dananjaya suspended for illegal action
- Simeone - `I`m not interested` in Griezmann reports
- Housewife dies of dengue in Barishal
- £6bn UK aid for Bangladesh, other climate victim countries
- KCC to get modern slaughterhouse soon
- Pea-flour to prevent dandruff-hair fall
- Huge asteroid narrowly missed Earth; NASA reveals
- Two cases filed against Firoz
- Anti-Sisi protests break out in Egypt
- Lalbagh Fort: Secret Tunnels and historical mysteries
- Millions march against climate change
- US to send troops, equipment to Saudi Arabia
- BSMRSTU closed over student unrest
- All News »
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- Codex Gigas: The Devil’s Bible
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- Fire breaks out at Shwapno Super Shop in Banani
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Juba League leader Khaled arrested
- White House: A monstrous residence
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test today
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- Pygmy: The forest lovers
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- BD youth died in Malaysia, body can’t bring as address not found
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- Young Tigers thrash India, target 107
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test Friday
- Salman Shah’s weeklong birthday celebration
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- Mysterious dragon of Boga Lake
- Nargis Fakhri coming to Dhaka
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean
- ‘Chapati Tuhin’ killed in Narayanganj gunfight
- Puja Cherry got married!
- Lukla: World`s most dangerous airport
- Srabanti in Gym, then what happen?