British health secy Hancock test coronavirus positive
Published: 09:29 PM, 27 March 2020 Updated: 09:33 PM, 27 March 2020
British Health Secretary Matt Hancock
After Prime Minister Boris Johnson, British Health Secretary Matt Hancock, have tested positive for coronavirus. He is self-isolating at home and his symptoms are said to be mild.
Hancock announced the news on Twitter on Friday, just a couple of hours after Prime Minister Boris Johnson revealed that he had also tested positive for the virus.
It means the two members of the UK government leading the fight against the virus now both have the COVID-19 disease.
Hancock said he was suffering from "very mild symptoms" of COVID-19 and was self-isolating for seven days.
"Fortunately for me, the symptoms so far have been very mild so I've been able to carry on with the work driving forward the UK response," the Conservative MP said in a video announcement.
Hancock was set to deliver the UK government's daily press conference on the coronavirus on Friday before announcing that he had caught the illness. Michael Gove, the Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster, is expected to represent the government in his place.
Prime Minister Boris Johnson on Friday morning announced that he had also experienced "mild symptoms" of the COVID-19 disease and would continue to lead the UK government's response to the crisis.
A spokesperson for Johnson said the prime minister began to experience a cough and temperature on Thursday afternoon and was confirmed to have tested positive for the virus by midnight.
- Newborn contracts coronavirus in Chattogram
- Trump signs executive order targeting social media
- Two brothers killed in Naogaon`s truck accident
- 5 doctors tested coronavirus positive in CoMCH
- 26 more contracted coronavirus in Faridpur
- Khulna starts ‘Plasma Therapy’ experimental treatment
- Riyad apologizes to all
- Police recovered hanging body in Khulna
- Take a view of heart disease symptoms to reduce death risk
- No COVID-19 test in BITID for 3 days
- Happy birthday ‘Legendary Actor’ Humayun Faridi
- Mahathir expelled from party
- France further eases lockdown
- World’s oldest man dies at 112
- Another died of COVID-19 in Rangpur
- Chattogram reports 229 more COVID-19 cases
- Bus owners set to meet BRTA-Police today
- Coronavirus death toll tops 362,000
- Sunamganj records 18 fresh COVID-19 cases
- Coronavirus: India surpasses China in terms of deaths
- 26 Bangladeshis shot dead in Libya
- Eight trains to resume from May 31
- Iran reopens borders with Turkey and Iraq
- 7 Afghan security personnel killed in Taliban attack
- Trump planing to sell arms to Saudi again
- COVID-19 recovered journo wants to donate plasma
- 17 more infected in Thakurgaon
- More than 359,000 lose lives by COVID-19 globally
- Gazipur records 61 cases in a day
- Mysterious ‘Jewish Club’ in Dhaka
- All News »
- Pak model Zara Abid feared dead in plane crash
- Noble got married for 3rd time seven months ago!
- 1694 infected in 24hrs, 24 more dead
- Death toll in Pakistan plane crash hits 66
- Thousands offer Eid prayers in knee-deep water
- 1532 new infected in 24 hrs, 28 die
- Dhaka’s air quality good today
- Three killed as microbus falls into Munshiganj ditch
- Popular model dead in Pakistan plane crash
- Noble faces RAB interrogation
- PIA flight with 98 passengers crashes in Pakistan
- Apurba and Tisha ‘Missing’
- Highest 1,975 COVID-19 cases in a day, 21 die
- Fire at United Hospital: 5 COVID-19 patients die
- Shokh herself reveals mystery of 2nd marriage?
- Offices resume from May 31
- 20 die in 24 hrs, 1873 new infected
- Japanese wrestler Hana Kimura dies
- Khashoggi’s sons forgive their father’s killers
- 22 die, 1541 infected in last 24 hours
- Coronavirus cases in country exceed 30,000
- Saudi among 3 countries announces Eid-ul-Fitr on Sunday
- It was a horrible night: Rukmini
- Coronavirus death toll rises to 342,396 globally
- Wuhan lab had three live bat coronaviruses
- Power bill deadline extended
- What to do if you miss the Eid prayer
- Statue in the name of Allah-Muhammad (PBUH)
- Eid-ul-Fitr to be celebrated tomorrow
- Over 2000 infected in 24 hours, 15 dead