Bride commits suicide for disliking husband
Published: 08:27 PM, 27 January 2020 Updated: 09:28 PM, 27 January 2020
A bride named Koli Akther committed suicide by drinking pesticides because the husband is not as she likes, at 10:30 pm on Sunday at Gournadi upazila of Barishal.
The woman identified as the wife of Sahin Bepari of Illa village of Khanjapur union of the upazila.
It is known that four months ago, Koli Akhter, daughter of Kamal Bepari of Bagisherpar village of the upazila, was married to Sahin Bepari, son of Mannan Bepari, a UP member of the nearby Illa village. But she did not like her husband and since then there had been a family feud.
At one point, Koli came to her father's house and took pesticides on Sunday night. After that, she was taken to Gournadi Upazila Health Complex in critical condition that night while the doctors shifted her to Barishal Sher-e-Bangla Medical College Hospital but she died on the way.
Golam Sarwar, Gournadi Police Station Officer-in-Charge, said that the permission had been given to bury the body as the family did not any complaint.
- Today’s sports on TV
- PM hands over Ekushey Padak today
- AL finalizes nomination for councilor posts in CCC polls
- Four killed in Kutubdia boat capsize
- 14 gamblers-drug dealers detained in Mymensingh
- Govt to shut 3 crore illegal smartphones
- Myanmar on financial surveillance!
- Pakistan conducts successful missile test
- No high-rise buildings along sea: PM
- Coronavirus reaches Iran: report
- 450 of 1200 posts vacant
- Preparation for Dhaka-10 by-polls completed: Returning Officer
- Rape accused detained in Narayanganj
- BNP`s politics stuck in Khaleda`s illness: Hasan
- Interest of postal saving will be revisited: Kamal
- Teacher takes salary without signing attendance sheet!
- Three robbers detained in Jamalpur
- Mysterious ship washes up Irish coast
- Diamond Princess passengers disembark after quarantine ends
- 6 girls injured after tree falls in Noakhali
- FIFA cancels planed meeting due to coronavirus
- Walton to export smartphones in US
- Padma Bridge rail route being connected with Trans-Asian network
- Match officials for Bangladesh-Zimbabwe series
- TCB preparing for Ramadan
- Tomato to get immaculate skin
- Mashrafe’s farewell after BAN vs ZIM series!
- Bangladesh to take on Pakistan tomorrow
- ‘Problems can be solved by forming joint working group’
- Mehazabien comes with new look
- All News »
- Corona patient shot dead in North Korea
- ‘Kache Ashar Oshomapto Golpo’ to be aired on 13 channels
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Soumya with future wife
- Soumya to get married this month
- Coronovirus deaths surge past 1,300
- Saudi to invest $30bn in Bangladesh
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Fire at DR Tower in Naya Paltan
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- Marriage at office on Valentine’s Day getting no leave
- Good news to honey farmers
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- Boat capsize in Rangamati: 5 killed, 3 missing
- Valentine, Pahela Falgun celebration same day
- Sundarbans Day today
- What Srijit told about Tahsan
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- 6,723 coronavirus patients discharged after recovery
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Death toll in China surges past 1,500
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- Another Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in Singapore
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Humayun Faridi’s 8th death anniv today
- Wuhan hospital chief dies of coronavirus