Bridal-party’s boats capsize in Padma
Bride Sweety among all 9 missing bodies recovered
Published: 09:59 AM, 9 March 2020 Updated: 01:01 PM, 9 March 2020
Bride Sweety and Groom Rumom
The bodies of all nine missings, including bride Sweety Khatun Purnima, were recovered from Padma River over the boat capsizing incident carrying bridal party at Srirampur in Rajshahi.
The bodies of the bride Sweety Khatun Purnima and aunt Akhi Khatun were recovered on Monday morning.
Earlier on Sunday noon, the body of Purnima’s cousin Rubaiya Khatun was found floating in the river. Later, her body was recovered with the help of the fishermen’s net.
On Saturday morning, Purnima’s aunt Moni Begum’s body was found on the bank of Padma River at Yusufpur in Charghat Upazila. Later, the body of cousin Ekhlas was found floating in the river and recovered with fishermen’s net.
The body of Ratan Ali, brother-in-law of bride Purnima, was recovered from the same place in the afternoon. Later, the body of Mariam Khatun, daughter of Purnima’s elder sister, was recovered on Friday night.
Read more: Boat capsized in Padma: 3 bodies recovered
The two boats carrying Bridal-party were capsized on Friday night at Bangalow area of Srirampur’s DC while returning to the city from Char Khanpur in Rajshahi — 32 people, including the groom and bride’s elder sister, were rescued alive in the incident.
Fire Service, River Police, BGB, and BIWTA divers recovered the missing bodies of nine people in a three-day searching operation with the help of local fishermen.
- Libya killings: Case filed against 38 people
- Biden accuses Trump of trafficking in ‘resentment and fear’
- DU goes for online classes
- 2 girls commit suicide after failing in SSC exam
- Fierce protests in US: 3 protesters killed, 5 policemen shot
- 30 more test COVID-19 positive in Faridpur
- 3 of a family killed in Sirajganj road crash
- 9 including two nurses contract COVID-19 in Shariatpur
- Another policeman dies from coronavirus
- 1,256 more freedom fighters listed
- Illegal structures on govt canal
- SP greet 10 policemen after overcoming COVID-19 in Cumilla
- Bangladesh reports 1st Rohingya death in COVID-19 infection
- 3 incl lawyer, policeman die in Ctg
- PCR lab set up in Sheikh Fazilatunnessa hospital
- 90s popular musician Biplob now a taxi driver
- Abdul Halim named BSEC commissioner
- Fire at United Hospital: HC seeks report by Jun 14
- House owner fined as Aedes larvae found in building under-const
- 10 more UP chairmen-members suspended
- ACC director Basir’s bail plea rejected
- Imran pleas for lockdown-relax
- 1.5 crore families get govt relief
- DMP replaces three asst police commissioners
- Brutal murder story of Junko, who raped about 500 times in 44 day
- Laborer killed by overturning crane in Cumilla
- Hygiene not followed at bus terminals
- Abrar murder: Jion’s bail plea rejected
- Trade thru Bhomra land port resumes
- Gazipur reports 93 new infected cases
- All News »
- Noble made his wife Salsabil a model in music video
- Noble got married for 3rd time seven months ago!
- 4 cops charged for killing a black man in US
- 23 die, highest infection recorded in last 24 hrs
- Over 2000 infected in 24 hours, 15 dead
- 22 die, 1541 infected in last 24 hours
- Three killed as microbus falls into Munshiganj ditch
- Anandabazar editor Anirban Chattopadhyay resigns
- Record deaths, infections in 24 hours
- Karate coach Humayun Kabir Jewel dies
- Electronic mask developed to prevent coronavirus!
- Brazil’s COVID-19 deaths surge past Spain
- 1166 new infected in 24 hrs, 21 die
- Fire at United Hospital: 5 COVID-19 patients die
- Offices resume from May 31
- SSC-equivalent results published, pass 82.87 pc
- India backs hydroxychloroquine for coronavirus treatment
- Over 2000 infected in 24hrs, 22 dead
- Former national footballer Salauddin passes away
- Xi Jinping asks Chinese military to prepare for battle
- A thrilling operation by Police: 6 youths rescued from Sundarbans
- Record new cases in 24 hours, 37 dead
- 26 Bangladeshis shot dead in Libya
- Slain 26 Bangladeshis to be buried in Libya
- 1764 infected in 24 hours, 28 dead
- Happy birthday ‘Legendary Actor’ Humayun Faridi
- Music director Wajid Khan dies
- Mahathir expelled from party
- Hong Kong `no longer autonomous`: Pompeo
- Coronavirus case in country crosses 40,000