Breakfast miss! It rises risk of death: study
heart-related problems also
Published: 08:17 PM, 26 June 2019
Skipping breakfast daily (most days) may increase one’s risk of early death and many other heart- related problems; researchers have warned.
The study was published in the European Journal of Preventive Cardiology, reports NDTV.
The study went on to reveal that people with such unhealthy lifestyle had a four to five times higher likelihood of early death and also have an increased chances of a second heart attack.
"Our research shows that the two eating behaviors are independently linked with poorer outcomes after a heart attack but having a cluster of bad habits will only make things worse," said co-author Marcos Minicucci, from Sao Paolo State University in Brazil.
"We also think that the inflammatory response, oxidative stress, and endothelial function could be involved in the association between unhealthy eating behaviors and cardiovascular outcomes," he added.
The team assessed 113 patients with a mean age of 60, of which 73 per cent were men. The study enrolled patients with a particularly serious form of heart attack called ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI).
This was the first study to evaluate these unhealthy behaviors in patients with acute coronary syndromes, scientists revealed. Not having breakfast was observed in 58 per cent patients, having late night dinner in 51 per cent, and both behaviors in 41 per cent.
The researchers said that people must make necessary interventions in their dietary habits. Researchers also recommended a minimum two hour interval between dinner and bedtime.
"A good breakfast is usually composed of dairy products (fat-free or low fat milk, yogurt and cheese), a carbohydrate (whole wheat bread, bagels, cereals), and whole fruits," the team said.
- ‘Child lifters’ rumor: innocence loses life
- Chandrayaan-2: India launches second Moon mission
- WHO to work with DSCC in combating dengue
- Bangladesh U-19 beat England U-19
- No cattle hat blocking roads: DMP Commissioner
- Books in hand, fear in mind
- Priya Shaha sacked form BHBCUC
- Farmers passing busy days in cattle fattening
- Police HQ asks units to stop child-lifting rumor
- Imran Khan vows to reform Pakistan cricket
- Flood shut over 100 edu institutes in Tangail
- Dredging on railway
- Special supervising cell for defaulters
- Hong Kong reels from armed mob violence
- BD peacekeeper electrocuted in Central African Republic
- Bangladesh to tour Pakistan
- HC summons DNCC, DSCC chief health officials
- 3 placed on 4-day remand over Badda lynching
- 2 more schools made public
- ‘Masud Rana’s shooting set to kick-off
- Habiganj Civil Surgeon dies of dengue virus
- Local AL leader shot dead in Satkhira
- Court dismisses Minni’s two petitions
- Iran announces arrests, death sentences as CIA spy ring busted
- ‘CNG stations to remain open 24 hrs for 11 days in Eid’
- Rain or thundershowers likely
- Rooney Mara and Joaquin Phoenix get engaged
- Man accused in 18 cases killed in Bakshiganj gunfight
- DU gates locked for 2nd day
- Priya Saha to be interrogated after her return: Quader
- All News »
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- Renu lynched in Badda, 3 held
- How to get HSC result
- Accused stabbed dead by another in front of judge in court
- HSC pass rate increases 7.9 pc
- Minni sent to jail
- Put Myanmar for Rohingya return; FM urges US
- Sohel Rana speechless on Ershad’s death
- PM to inaugurate ‘Benapole Express’ Wednesday
- Country’s 7th mobile assembling plant to be launched with FDI
- Ershad’s namaz-e-janaza held in Rangpur
- Ershad’s body in Rangpur
- Minni on 5-day remand
- Man accused in 14 cases killed in gunfight
- Google shuts down AdSense on Android, iOS for web