Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie reach child custody agreement
Published: 01:47 PM, 1 December 2018 Updated: 01:47 PM, 1 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Hollywood superstars Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt have reached an amicable agreement on the custody of their six children, avoiding a potentially messy public trial, US media reported on Friday.
Pitt and Jolie announced their separation in September 2016 after two years of marriage and 11 years together.
Three of their children are their biological children, and the other three are adopted.
“A custody arrangement was agreed two weeks ago, and has been signed by both parties and the judge,” Jolie’s lawyer, Samantha Bley DeJean, said in a statement carried by several US celebrity news outlets including TMZ.
“The agreement, which is based on the recommendations of the child custody evaluator, eliminates the need for a trial,” she said.
The couple had been set for a trial on December 4 — the deal means they will not battle in court.
Jolie originally wanted to have sole custody of the children, while Pitt asked for shared custody.
The terms of the agreement are confidential, DeJean said.
The couple is still working out the details of their divorce, with the distribution of assets reportedly proving especially thorny. Jolie and Pitt did not have a prenuptial agreement.
- JS body discusses security of women, children
- Two girls raped in Kishoreganj
- Pakistan is not giving visas for Bangladeshis: FM
- Any team can upset anyone in this WC: Kohli
- HIV outbreak hits hundreds of children in Pakistan
- Ensure hassle-free Eid journey: IGP to police
- ‘One last chance’ to get Brexit done, says May
- Mashrafe set to leave Dhaka on Wednesday
- Lecturer embezzled lakhs taka for practical exam
- We have been able to combat militancy: PM
- High-security Ebola burials spark dismay, anger in DR Congo
- New 1000 taka note to stop counterfeit
- JS body suggests safe environment to educational institutions
- NPP lawmaker among 11 Killed in Arunachal attack
- Greenline’s Kallyanpur counter fined & shut
- Mahmudullah the silent killer!
- Nasim demand gallows for food adulteration
- BNP to challenge court to shift Khaleda to Kernaiganj jail
- Farmers crushed cultivated radish in the field
- Archer named in England World Cup squad
- Risky sub-registrar office!
- HC halts privilege for loan defaulters
- Tk 202,721cr ADP approved
- Fasting of expectant mothers
- Sri Lankan Captian: Dimuth Karunaratne
- Fasting in various Religions
- ‘Red Gold’ farmers in trouble as none kept promises
- Headmaster gets life over violating Christian teacher
- 913 ICU in country’s hospitals
- Bangladesh’s Schedule at World Cup
- All News »
- Bangladesh easily chased down Ireland`s 292
- Magnitude 7.5 quake hits off Papua New Guinea
- Justice Salma Masud accused of changing court verdict
- People on Mars by 2033 or 2060
- Six killed as bus hits tree in Bagerhat
- Narayanganj’s Araihazar OC withdrawn
- Messi scores twice but Barcelona held
- May agrees timetable to choose new UK PM
- Protik’s World Cup song ‘Banglar Damal Chelera’
- Quader returns home this evening
- Quader to join his office today
- Eid advance bus ticket sale begins
- 3000 tubewells need to free from arsenic
- HC bars use of phrase ‘fake freedom fighter’
- Two Rohingya human traffickers killed in gunfight
- Thor actor Isaac Kappy commits suicide
- Ukraine`s new president Zelensky calls snap elections
- Secret of sensational Majed killings revealed
- Active bullock cart, crisis of day laborer
- President reaches London
- World Telecommunication and Information Society Day today
- Man accused in 12 cases killed in gunfight
- 2 hijackers killed in Hazaribagh gunfight
- Tk 76 lakh needed for testing Wasa water
- ‘AL not a political party only, organization also’
- Cabinet reshuffle: Murad moved to Info Ministry
- Today’s sports on TV
- Rumin Farhana gets BNP’s reserve seat nomination
- Ronaldo coming to Dhaka in Mujib Year
- Robert Pattinson cast to play new Batman