Bourses end flat
Published: 09:38 PM, 19 November 2019
Country’s premier bourse, Dhaka Stock Exchange (DSE), ended in flat note as the cautious investors sold shares to bag some profits that observed recent price upsurge.
The broad index, DSEX closed at 4722.37 points on Tuesday with a marginal gain of 0.35 points.
Besides, the two selective indices, Blue Chip index, DSE30 and the Shariah index, DSES also went up by 9.07 points and 1.66 points to settle at 1661.22 points and 1086.38 points respectively.
On the DSE trading floor, a total number of 115,903 trades were executed in today’s trading session with a trading volume of 128.43 million securities.
Losers took a strong lead over the gainers as out of 334 issues traded, 124 securities gained price while 174 declined and 36 remained unchanged.
The top 10 gainers were Beacon Pharma, Mozaffar Hossain Steel Mill, Sea Pearl Resort, Active fine, Prime Finance Mutual Fund, Ambee Pharma, Standard Ceramics, CAPM BDBL Mutual Fund, AFC Agro and Premier Cement.
Grameenphone topped the turnover chart followed by National Tubes, Standard Ceramics, Sonarbangla Insurance, Stylecraft, Monno Jute Stafflers, BSCCL, Nitol Insurance, Brac Bank and Active Fine.
The top 10 losers were Pacific Denims, Saif Power, Tosrifa Industries, Paramount Textile, ICB, Intraco Refueling, Desh Garments, Titas Gas, MI Cement and BD Lamps.
On the other hand, the port city bourse, Chittagong Stock Exchange (CSE) also closed at green from the bearish streak of the previous day.
CSCX and CASPI went up by 6.7 points and 9.18 points to stand at 8716.25 points and 14334.37 points respectively.
At CSE, a total of 6,769,510 shares and mutual fund of 240 companies were traded, of which 83 issues advanced while 123 declined and 33 issues remained unchanged.
- Govt to publish list of Razakars today
- Motorcyclist killed in Pirganj
- Today’s sports on TV
- Andrew Kishore dies; what the next
- Gazipur freed today
- Made in Bangladesh’ expo in Qatar from Jan 28
- Telenor drops Huawei for Ericsson in 5G contract
- Boucher named South Africa head coach
- Queen Elizabeth looking for social media expert
- Homemade natural ‘Body Lotion’
- Sylhet Thunder’s losing streak continues in BBPL
- Six essential tips for bride
- ERC condemns Suu Kyi
- Salah double seals Liverpool win over Watford
- Zia was Moshtaque’s most trusted man: PM
- Traffic direction for Dhaka bound vehicles on Dec 16
- Razakars list to be released Sunday
- RAB-10 detained 2 with Yaba
- Security beefed up for Victory Day celebration
- Victory day traffic guidelines in capital
- Fire erupting from manhole in Dhaka
- No player will be forced to tour Pakistan: Papon
- ‘Stern curbing if chaos created for Khaleda’s bail’
- Bangladesh satisfies over Gambia’s efforts
- Three dead in Nepal bomb blast
- Navy ships to remain open for all on Victory Day
- PIB organizes dialogues on women and children
- Sabina Yasmin’s new song on Victory Day
- 2 arrested with 6 stolen CNG auto-rickshaws
- Martyr intellectuals showed us the way: Humayun
- All News »
- Bangladeshi student secures top position in Bar at law
- Salman-Katrina arrive Dhaka
- Tahsan marry to Shaon!
- Salman-Katrina to inebriate BPL stage
- Myanmar state counselor titles ‘Rohingya genocide’ as minor issue
- Srijit-Mithila’s honeymoon picture goes viral
- Miss South Africa crowns Miss Universe 2019
- Rumpa’s ‘boyfriend’ Saikat on 4-day remand
- Rohingyas’ acute detest on Myanmar
- Myanmar admits the army used excessive force on Rohingya
- Rights groups call for Myanmar boycott
- Ethiopian PM Abiy Ahmed receives Nobel Peace Prize
- Salman pays tributes to Bangabandhu
- ‘Brutal massacre of Myanmar against Rohingya should be stopped’
- ‘Myanmar’s Rohingya repatriation promise a fraudulent act’
- 500-yr-old eggs found unbroken in Chinese tomb
- Polio returns to haunt Malaysia after 27 yrs
- US tightens sanctions on Myanmar army chief
- Just 3 days ‘Tui Ki Amar Hobi Re’ crossed 1 million
- At top court, Myanmar urged to `stop genocide of own people`
- Chattogram Challengers unveiled Jersey
- Myanmar army chief’s Facebook account suspended
- North Korea conducts ‘very important test’
- Padma Bridge 2.7-km visible now
- Holy Fateha-e-Yazdaham today
- Myanmar fails to provide evidence to defend genocide charge
- Cardi B returns to court over strip club brawl allegations
- Chile military plane disappears with 38 aboard
- Grand opening ceremony of BPL today
- Roxette singer Marie Fredriksson dies, aged 61