Bourses bounce back
Published: 08:25 PM, 21 November 2019
Country’s premier bourse, Dhaka Stock Exchange (DSE), bounced back to the green after witnessing correction in the last session amidst increased participation from the enthusiastic investors. –BSS reports.
The positive vibe was observed from the beginning of the session which continued till the closure although volatility recorded in the last hour of the session.
The opportunist investors’ buoyancy in telecom, pharma, engineering, financial institutions, and textile sector stocks helped the benchmark index to close 14 points higher over the last session.
The broad index, DSEX closed at 4706.66 points on Thursday with a gain of 14.73 points or 0.31 percent.
However, the shaky investors opted for liquidating their position from bank, fuel & power and food sector stocks. The investors’ participation has slightly increased over the last session.
Besides, the two selective indices, Blue Chip index, DSE30, and the Shariah index, DSES also went up by 5.32 points and 6.32 points to settle at 1650.63 points and 1081.77 points respectively.
The general insurance sector continued to dominate the turnover board and grabbed 23.3% of the day’s total turnover.
Top ten traded stocks captured around 31.2% of the day’s total turnover where Beacon pharma led the list with 6.5% contribution.
On the DSE trading floor, a total number of 121,262 trades were executed in today’s trading session with a trading volume of 146 million securities.
Gainers took a strong lead over the loser as out of 325 issues traded, 144 securities gained price while 123 declined and 58 remained unchanged.
Most of the sectors witnessed better performance today. Among the major sectors based on market capitalization – telecom (1.9%), pharma (0.6%), engineering (0.8%), financial institutions (0.7%) and textile (1.2%) sectors achieved price appreciation while bank (-0.1%), fuel & power (-0.2%) and food (-0.1%) sectors witnessed correction, according to a market operator, International Leasing Securities.
It also said the investors’ activity was mostly centered on general insurance (23.3%), pharma (14.5%) and engineering (11.1%) sectors.
The top 10 gainers were United Insurance, Sea Peal, Queen South Tex, Mozaffar Hossain Spinning Mill, ML Dying, Green Delta Insurance, GQ Ball Pen, Quasem Industries, BD Auto Car and Purabi Gen Insurance.
Beacon Pharma topped the turnover chart followed by Grameenphone, Purabi General Insurance, National Tubes, Sonarbangla Insurance, Fortune Shoes, BSCCL, Square Pharma and Asia Insurance.
The top 10 losers were CNA Tex, Alif, Renata, Far Chemical, Delta Spinning, CAPM BDBL Mutual Fund, Gemini Sea, Kattali Tex, Emerald Oil, and Khulna Printing & Packaging.
On the other hand, the port city bourse, Chittagong Stock Exchange (CSE), also closed at the green from the bearish streak of the previous day.
CSCX and CASPI went up by 5.77 points and 9.12 points to stand at 8675.85 points and 14272.13 points respectively.
At CSE, a total of 7,119,480 shares and mutual funds of 241 companies were traded, of which 115 issues advanced while 83 declined and 38 issues remained unchanged.
- HC bans laminated posters in city polls
- E-passport launched
- One year of losing Imtiaz Bulbul
- China’s ‘Coronavirus’ now attacks US, one died
- Demolition of BGMEA building started
- E-passport to be launched today
- Paturia-Daulatdia ferry services resume
- Naval services on Paturia-Daulatdia halted
- Copa del Rey: Barcelona to face Ibiza tonight
- BNP is a failed political party: Quader
- 2 held over ‘rape’ of girl in N’ganj
- Srijit was hot-headed before marriage: Raima
- Ishita sings with son
- 11 held with marijuana-cash in Bhairab
- Facebook to boost site safety with 1,000 more UK staff
- Tigers’ Pak T20 series rescheduled
- Newborn baby found wrapped in lungi
- No alternative to eating alone to lose weight!
- Coronavirus: Everything you need to know
- 2 Indian soldiers killed in Kashmir gunfight
- Three-way traffic collision kills 4 in Keraniganj
- Child drowned in Faridpur
- Homemade way to blacken hair
- National Science and Technology Week begins in Gopalganj
- Illegal establishments abolished in Singair
- 68,000 families to get disaster-resistant home in Mujib Year
- De Kock to lead SA ODI team
- Baby dies after drowning in Faridpur
- Debtor stabbed farmer for Tk 200
- Bride’s mother elopes with groom’s father
- All News »
- BPL`s Man of the tournament winners
- Ticket price of BPL final increased
- Youth killed in road crash after returning home 24 yrs later
- ‘All coaching centers to remain shut from Jan 25’
- Video of man hugging, kissing pride of lions goes viral
- Dhaka city elections deferred to Feb 1
- Jashore car accident kills 3 including 2 sisters
- 32% work of Bangabandhu Novo Theatre in Rajshahi completed
- 28 institutes named after Bangabandhu and family members
- Pakistan snowfall death toll rises to 104
- Cox’s Bazar-St. Martin ship to be launched February
- Russell hero as Rajshahi through final
- Apu Biswas to rock two shows in India
- Man suicides killing 4 in Maulvibazar: Story revealed
- Bangabandhu BPL trophy arrives
- Ijtema ends seeking global peace, unity
- MP Abdul Mannan passes away
- Khulna faces Rajshahi in BPL final today
- Flight operations at HSIA still halted today
- 39 killed in intense fighting in Syria’s Idlib
- Actress Ishrat Nishat passes away
- New complexity in primary teacher recruitment
- Bangladesh on right track to attain SDGs: PM
- Verdict in Myanmar genocide case Jan 23
- Gabtoli turmoil after throwing eggs
- Lawmaker Abdul Mannan in ICU
- Bus-ambulance collision kills 2 in Rangpur
- Top 5 batsmen in Bangabandhu BPL
- One held in Sirajganj over child rape charge
- China’s new virus likely to spread around