Both Challengers, Thunder upbeat to start BPL with victory
Published: 11:03 PM, 10 December 2019
The special edition of Bangladesh Premier League (Bangabandhu BPL) is all set to commence with the match between Chattogram Challengers and Sylhet Thunder at 1:30pm at Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium on Wednesday.
Like the previous edition, Gtv will telecast all the matches of this year’s BPL.
“It’s a challenging event as always, as the captain of Sylhet, I believe that we have to face a tough challenge. But we will take the field to win the games. This is the biggest challenge’’, Mosaddek Hossain Saikat, the captain of Sylhet Thunder, said in a pre-match press conference at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium here on Tuesday.
“Everyone who plays BPL knows their own rules and responsibilities. I might bat at number four or five. If I demonstrate my batting better in this position, the national team management might consider the same places for me in the national team,” he added.
“It’s a big chance for me to show my best in BPL. We conducted our first practice session today (Tuesday). I think we got a balanced team. We have three-four players who have been playing for the national team for a long time. I think the onus will be on us to perform better and bring the result on our favour,” he further said.
Herschelle Gibbs will coach the Thunder in BPL. Mosaddek said it will take some times to understand his work ethics as a coach. “I worked with Gibs for the first time today. It will teak at least one week to understand his work ethics. We all together will try to end the event on a high note for Sylhet Thunder,” Mosaddek told media
On the other hand, Imrul Kayes will lead the Chattogram Challengers at least in the first two matches of BPL in absence of Mahmudullah. The southpaw represented Comilla Victorians in the last season of the event.
“Like everyone else, I want to start the BPL in a good note. We are confident to win the first game. It will help us play better in the remaining the event,” Imrul told the media ahead of their first encounter against the Thunder.
Mahmudullah Riyad is the A-plus player of Chattogram. The national all-rounder will not be available to play first two games due to the injury that he has sustained during the pink-ball Test against India in Kolkata last month.
“It’s really difficult to come up with the best combination without Mahmudullah bhai. We will miss him in the first two matches. In his place, we might play a local or foreign player. But whoever will get the chance will surely try to utilize the opportunity,” Imrul said about missing Mahmudllah.
“I have played in Comilla Victorians for four-five years. So I have to adapt to the new environment in the new team. Since there are many local players in the team, so it will not be that tough to adopt them. After two-three matches, it will be easier to get united as a team,” Imrul added.
In the other match of the day, Cumilla Warriors and Rangpur Rangers will take on each other. The match will begin at 6:30 pm (Bangladesh time). Mohammad Nabi of Afghanistan will lead Rangpur in the game while Sri Lanka’s Dasun Shanaka will captain Cumilla.
Chattogram Challengers Squad: Imrul Kayes, Avishka Fernando, Chadwick Walton(w), Junaid Siddique, Pinak Ghosh, Mahmudullah (c), Ryan Burl, Rayad Emrit, Nasir Hossain, Imad Wasim, Rubel Hossain, Jubair Hossain, Enamul Haque Jr, Muhammad Musa, Nasum Ahmed, Nurul Hasan and Muktar Ali
Sylhet Thunder Squad: Johnson Charles, Monir Hossain, Mohammad Mithun (w/c), Sherfane Rutherford, Shafiqullah Shafiq, Rony Talukdar, Mosaddek Hossain, (c) Sohag Gazi, Jeevan Mendis, Krishmar Santokie, Nazmul Islam, Delwar Hossain, Naveen-ul-Haq, Ebadot Hossain, Nayeem Hasan and Ruyel Mia
- Iran executes ‘crocodile’
- Immune discovery may treat all cancer
- Farmer’s smile in vegetables farming
- 7 out of 8 employees absent in Upazila health office
- Coronavirus spread in 12 countries
- Assam trembled in multiple blast
- Sheikh Russel Water Treatment Plant inaugurated
- Woman set to marry plane, claims they’re dating for 6 yrs
- Coronavirus infected identified in Israel
- China lies over coronavirus infected, it topped .9 million!
- Atiqul unveils election manifesto
- Cold wave may abate in next 24 hours
- Mask-hand sanitizer sever crisis in China
- Chinese physicians in treatment-war amid coronavirus scary
- PM opens several uplift schemes
- 31 killed in Madagascar torrential rains
- 2 Bangladeshis receive Padma Bhushan, Padma Shri awards in India
- 30 killed in Brazil floods and landslides
- Tabu gets 3 cr bucks for 15 minutes!
- Husband’s name ‘Hospital’ in voter list; wife becomes senseless
- 2 killed as truck rams auto in M’singh
- Mango buds in advance spring
- Barca beaten by Valencia in early blow for Setien
- Death toll climbed to 31 in Turkey quake-aftershock
- Facebook notification stopped
- International Customs Day today
- Real Madrid, Juventus, Man City, Man United to play today
- Car loaded with drugs sold at police auction
- Coronavirus death toll jumps to 56 in China
- 31 fishermen murder accused killed in gunfight
- All News »
- Cox’s Bazar-St. Martin ship to be launched February
- China virus deaths rise to 17, heightening global alarm
- 5,000 students get scholarship of Jahangir Alam Foundation
- Rapists cheer on Facebook Live after rape in Gazipur
- ICJ orders Myanmar to protect Rohingya, to preserve evidence
- High levels of Uranium found in Cox’s Bazar
- Actress Ishrat Nishat passes away
- Coronavirus: Everything you need to know
- Man suicides killing 4 in Maulvibazar: Story revealed
- Ijtema ends seeking global peace, unity
- Two siblings among 3 electrocuted in Hazaribagh
- Coronavirus: 11 under observation in India, Bangladesh on alert
- Record: Trump tweets, retweets 125 times in a day
- Gabtoli turmoil after throwing eggs
- Bride’s mother elopes with groom’s father
- Bangladesh enters e-Passport era
- Bangladesh meet Burundi in semifinal today
- World court’s four orders against Myanmar
- Ronaldo makes accidental kiss to Dybala
- Coronavirus death toll jumps to 25 with 830 cases: govt
- ‘Dil Toh Happy Hai Ji’ actress Sejal Sharma commits suicide
- E-passport is a ‘Mujib Barsho’ gift for nation: PM
- E-passport to be launched today
- Harry, Meghan to give up royal titles
- Court orders to publish ads asking SK Sinha, 10 others to appear
- Fourth person has died from new virus: China
- Comilla University’s 1st convocation Monday
- Wife receives husband with ‘Milk-bath’ for divorce!
- Over 100 killed in Yemen missile, drone attack
- Seven killed in Indonesia bridge collapse