Both BCL matches end in draw
Mahmudul Hasan hits ton, Abdur Razzak grabs six wkts
Published: 07:05 PM, 8 December 2018 Updated: 07:05 PM, 8 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Both the 3rd round matches of the Bangladesh Cricket League (BCL) ended in draw on the 4th and final day on Saturday at two separate venues across the country.
Walton Central Zone played to a draw against Islami Bank East Zone at Shaheed Chandu Stadium in Bogura while Prime Bank South Zone settled for a draw with BCB North Zone at the Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium in Chattogram.
On completion of the 3rd round encounters, Walton Central Zone maintained the top slot in the four-team league securing 16.82 points, BCB North Zone followed the leader collecting 11.49 points, Islami Bank East Zone were in the close 3rd slot bagging 11.44 points while defending champions Prime Bank South Zone were in the bottom with 6.45 points.
Islami Bank East Zone, having 186 runs in the first innings, resumed the 2nd innings in the morning with their overnight total of 71 for 2 with a winning target 326 runs, but unfortunately folded their innings at 320 for 7 in 97 overs when the bails were drawn for the final day, featuring 103 runs in the 3rd wicket stand by Mahmudul Hasan and Mohammad Ashraful.
Walton Central Zone scored 118 runs in the first innings and made 393 in the 2nd innings to give a winning target of 326 runs for the East Zone.
One down batsman Mahmudul Hasan, who was on batting with 23 runs, hammered a century scoring superb innings of 135 runs off 242 balls featuring 12 boundaries and was adjudged the man of the match.
Another overnight batsman Mohammad Ashraful (24) contributed 99-ball 64 runs hitting eight fours and two sixes, Tasamul Haque added 115-ball 36 runs with a boundary while number six Mahidul Islam Ankon scored 23 runs off 35 deliveries with one boundary.
Shahidul Islam claimed three wickets for 73 runs while Taibur Rahman, Salahuddin Shakil and Shahadat Hossain took one wicket each.
In another league match at Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium in Chattogram, replying to Prime Bank South Zone's first innings total of 329 runs, BCB North Zone resumed the first innings with overnight score of 382 runs and were all out for 394 runs in 171.1 overs.
Night watch batsman Sunzamul Islam (16), made 67-ball 19 runs with a boundary while another night watch batsman ShohagGazi *5) made 19-ball 11 runs, also with a boundary.
Veteran national spinner Abdur Razzak picked a six-wicket haul conceding 126 runs.
In reply, South Zone opened the 2nd innings in the morning and scored 248 for 5 in 64 overs at the end of the day to settle for draw.
Lower order Al Amin contributed unbeaten 75 runs, playing 106 balls, hitting seven fours and a six, national colored opener Anamul Haque scored 104-ball 66 runs with the help of six fours, middle order Mahedi Hasan made 92-ball 66 runs featuring five boundaries.
Ebadat Hossain and Rishad Hossain captured two wickets each conceding 27 and 61 runs respectively.
Junaid Siddique who made 112 runs in the first innings for the North Zone was adjudged the man of the match.
- AL nomination meeting today
- Assam toxic liquor death toll mounts to 84
- Mola in ponds improves others` nutritional quality
- Transplantation of boro paddy seedling gets momentum
- NASA greenlights SpaceX crew capsule test to ISS
- Two killed in Pekua clash
- We are on a rise as a team: Hetmyer
- UN Secy General condoles deaths in Chawkbazar fire
- Sadman, Riyad, Miraz strikes fifty in warm-up
- 7 drug traders among 30 held in Dinajpur
- Village doctor shot dead in Teknaf
- Dry weather with partly cloudy sky likely
- ‘Chemical godowns not removed despite drives is regretful’
- 1,482 bottles of Phensidyl recovered in Jashore
- Father, son among 4 killed in road crashes
- Sudan President declares year-long state of emergency
- PM at burn unit of DMCH
- 50 die after drinking poisonous liquor in India
- 5 decades of Bangabandhu title
- PM to visit Chawkbazar fire victims at DMCH today
- La Liga: Barcelona to face Sevilla tonight
- 1 killed as tree fall in capital, 7 injured
- Saudi Arabia strikes $10bn China deal
- Students’ council formed in 8,684 schools
- Fire broke in Cumilla Moon Hospital
- Evidence of ‘chemical’ connection to Churihatta fire found
- Wazed Mia works for humanity: Speaker
- Ultra-processed foods links cancer risk
- 10 shops gutted in Melandaha
- None would be able to destroy Bengali culture: PM
- All News »
- Pakistan summons Indian envoy to protest `baseless allegations`
- Another spell of gas suspension in Capital Tuesday
- 16 burnt, 50 injured in Churihatta fire
- JnU BCL committee dissolved
- BCL factional clash hurt 45 in JnU
- Daily Bangladesh mourns death in Chawkbazar fire
- 1 killed as tree fall in capital, 7 injured
- Drug trader hurt in Chatmohor gunfight
- Mithun`s fifty takes Bangladesh to 226
- Gas supply shutdown in Dhaka including Savar
- Nation set to pay homage to language martyrs
- Ali, employee of Daily Bangladesh, injured in road crash
- Barcelona, Man City to play tonight
- NZ clinch ODI series 2-0 against Tigers
- Japan probe Hayabusa2 makes asteroid landing
- “’Fagun Haway’ will inspire new generation in patriotism”
- Death toll in Nigeria attack doubles to 130
- Samsung to launch US retail stores in smartphone push
- Prominent poet Al Mahmud dies
- Last tributes to poet Al Mahmud at Bangla Academy
- 1st phase of nomination withdrawal ends today
- General Osmani’s 35th death anniversary today
- Sadhan urges officials to brighten up govt image
- Zulfikar Ali will survive if he got your help
- SERG Zahurul Haque’s death anniversary observed
- No pardon for drug traders: IGP
- India shouldn`t play Pakistan in World Cup: Harbhajan
- Maduro blasts US for ‘stealing’
- BNP chalks out 2-day programme to mark Feb 21
- Shop gutted in Sylhet fire