Book festival held across the country
Published: 10:08 AM, 2 January 2020 Updated: 11:03 AM, 2 January 2020
Through the book festival, new books have been distributed among the students at different educational institutions across the country. New book by hand in the first sweet-shiny winter morning of the year, joy in the eyes schoolchildren across the country have celebrated a new book festival; it is as if the whole country is rollicking with the sweet smell of new books.
Around 4.26 crore school-going children celebrated Textbook Festival across the country today, receiving free textbooks for their new classes on the first day of the New Year.
This year, about 35,31,44,554 textbooks were distributed among 4,26,19,865 primary and secondary levels students through textbook festivals across the country for the academic year 2020.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina formally inaugurated the free textbook distribution program by handing over books to primary and secondary levels students at a function at her official Ganabhaban.
Students were seen delighted to get their new textbooks as the textbook distribution festivity added a new dimension to their ecstasy on the New Year day.
About 105,402,375 textbooks were distributed among the pre-primary and primary level students while 247,742,179 textbooks were distributed among the secondary level students at free of cost.
Jhenaidah correspondent said, 38 lakhs 85 thousand and 438 books were distributed among 4 lakhs 56 thousand and 66 children in 6 upazilas of the district
Barguna correspondent said a total of 12 lakh 71 thousand and 940 books were distributed at the primary and secondary levels of the district. Of these, one lakh 29 thousand books were distributed at the primary level and 11 lakh 42 thousand and 940 books at the secondary level.
Tangail correspondent said that 21 lakh 18 thousand and 699 books were distributed among 4 lakh 45 thousand and 140 primary students in the district and 72 thousand 958 books were distributed among 72 thousand 958 pre-primary students. Besides, 60 lakh 24 thousand and 309 books were distributed among the 4 lakh 48 thousand and 821 secondary students.
Noakhali correspondent informed that 19 lakhs 10thousand and 711 new books were distributed among the students of 1 thousand and 253 schools in the district.
Lakshmipur correspondent informed the new books have been distributed to about 5 lakh students in the district.
Feni correspondent said that 33 lakhs 26 thousand and 651 books were distributed among the 4 lakh 4 thousand and 623 students of six upazila in the district.
Brahmanbaria correspondent said that on the first day of the year about 9 lakh students of primary school and secondary school received new books.
Lalmonirhat correspondent said, 33 lakh 75thousand 921 books were distributed among 3 lakh 5 thousand and 239 students in 1 thousand 626 educational institutions in 5 upazilas of the district.
- Taiwan records its first coronavirus death as global toll passes
- Students must lead to build drug-free society: Menon
- Qatar keen to recruit skilled manpower from Bangladesh
- Central Zone sniffs victory with Shanto’s double century
- Singapore expatriate wife leaves home over coronavirus panic
- Meeting between Managing Directors of DSE, CSE
- ‘Basic Concept of Islamic Banking’ workshop held
- Bandits kill 30 in northwest Nigeria attack: police
- Coronavirus could damage global growth in 2020: IMF
- Interest rates reduced in Post Office saving schemes
- College-boy killed in Lalmonirhat road accident
- Russian solder proposes using 16 tanks
- 2 doctors killed in Tangail road crash
- Perfect weight according to height
- 2 motorcyclist killed in Sunamganj road crash
- How much salt needed to lose weight?
- Bkash agent killed in Jashore road crash
- Sharif joins housing and public works ministry
- Arvind Kejriwal takes oath
- 50,000 people suffer for lack of bridge
- Legal procedures to follow for Khaleda`s parole: Anisul
- Two killed in Tangail road accident
- Yasir hits career-best knock as North Zone takes lead
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Accused in multiple cases in Sirajganj detained
- Husband with arms, wife having bullets detained
- Motorcyclist killed in Kushtia road crash
- Haven`t received Khaleda Zia`s parole appel: Kamal
- Six World Cup-winning U-19 players in BCB XI
- Bogura-1, Jashore-6 and CCC polls Mar 29
- All News »
- Massacre in Thailand: Killer army shot dead
- Promise Day today
- ‘Kache Ashar Oshomapto Golpo’ to be aired on 13 channels
- Bangladesh clinch maiden U-19 World Cup
- Soldier who killed 26 in Thailand shot dead
- 13 dead as trawler capsizes in Bay, 10 missing
- Corona patient shot dead in North Korea
- Young Tigers to receive ‘Water Salute’ at airport
- HC upholds death penalty for 5 militants
- Oscar 2020: Full list of winners
- China’s coronavirus death toll jumps to 1,113
- Couple make history with N.Ireland`s first same-sex marriage
- Bangladesh under pressure as Bishnoi strikes thrice
- Soumya to get married this month
- Young Tigers to face India
- Heroes return home today
- PM opens Sheikh Kamal IT Centre in Rajshahi
- China returnee student shifted to Kurmitola
- Yaravirus panic in Brazil amid Coronavirus
- Coronavirus: Death toll jumps to 900
- Teacher jailed for providing cheat sheets
- Soumya with future wife
- Young Tigers need 178-run to win WC
- Bangladesh-India XIs in U-19 final
- Saudi to invest $30bn in Bangladesh
- Avishek hunts India first
- Fire at DR Tower in Naya Paltan
- Mysterious disease left 15 dead in Nigerian
- 80 years of Tom & Jerry
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666