Book fair held in Seoul marking month of Bangladesh’s victory
Published: 09:11 PM, 3 December 2018 Updated: 09:11 PM, 3 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Bangladesh Ambassador to South Korea Ambassador Abida Islam has laid emphasis on the significance of reading books for creating enlightened individuals and a society.
Reading of books is the only way to sustain the development efforts of Bangladesh and build a 'knowledge-based society and nation', said the Ambassador.
She was addressing the inaugural session of a book fair organized by the Embassy of Bangladesh in Seoul to commemorate the month of Victory of Bangladesh in Seoul. It was followed by a cultural programme.
The event was the first of its kind which was held at the 'Bangabandhu Memorial Library' of the Embassy premise, said a PID handout.
The Ambassador also urged the expatriate Bangladeshis living in Korea to encourage their children to read Bangla books and learn about the diversity and richness of Bangla literature.
A wide range of books starting from literature, fiction, children novel, Bangladesh's Liberation War, poem, socioeconomic development of Bangladesh were displayed during the fair.
The evening programme began by reading out a few paragraphs from the 'Unfinished Memoir' of the Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.
A significant number of Koreans, as well as expatriate Bangladeshis, actively participated in the recitations of poems and patriotic songs.
The most attractive part was singing of Bangla song by the Koreans and it was highly appreciated by the expatriate Bangladeshis present there.
The audience commended the Embassy for arranging such a unique event in the month of Victory of Bangladesh.
It is anticipated that the way history of the Liberation War and its significance were presented at the programme, it will further encourage the expatriate Bangladeshis to come forward to participate in the socio-economic development of the motherland.
- Catastrophic` breeding failure in emperor penguin colonies
- NASA`s InSight detects first likely `quake` on Mars
- 14-party to hold anti-drug rally tmrw
- Salman Khan accused of snatching mobile phone
- Two more countries in ICC ODI status
- Rana Plaza Volunteer dies after ‘setting himself on fire’
- Housewife ‘raped’ in Panchagarh
- Khulna reach final eliminating Chattogram
- BTRC to deactivate extra SIMs from early Friday
- Pakistan U-16 cricket team coming on Friday
- 35 govt job entry age rejected in JS
- Dhaka contributes $15,000 for OPCW ChemTech Center
- Govt trying to export food abroad
- 19th founding anniv of community clinic tmrw
- Bhutanese PM phones Sheikh Hasina
- World Intellectual Property Day tomorrow
- More Sub-cmte for Bangabandhu’s birth centenary
- ‘Humayun Ahmed was a fan of his story’
- Nusrat murder: Shamim on 3-day remand
- Farm equipment subsidies will be extended: Ag Minister
- Nusrat murder: Ruhul Amin sent to jail
- BNP calls Zahidur a `mass enemy`
- Stop antibiotic sale without prescription: HC to govt
- BRAC University student killed in Dhaka road crash
- 76 bridges changes daily life
- Uncle-nephew possessed the school
- Nissan ex-boss Ghosn granted $4.5m bail
- Joe Biden launches 2020 presidential bid
- HC seeks report on mobile tower radiation
- Spicy raw mango juice in summer
- All News »
- ‘Bonolota Express’ to launch tomorrow
- Vicky Kaushal injured during film shoot
- Stadium debate ahead of Ukraine presidential runoff
- Egypt votes in referendum to extend Sisi’s power
- ‘Pornstars name in school exam investigating’
- Sheikh Selim’s grandson killed in SL blasts
- Bangladeshi shot dead by BSF
- 2 dead in road crash near Motsho Bhaban
- Google doodle celebrates birthday of Rosy Afsari
- Man killed in Teknaf shootout
- Hafiz Quader was active in Nusrat killing
- Transport strike underway on various highways
- Renowned director Hasibul Islam passes away
- PM visits residence of late Hamida Khanam
- Actor Saleh Ahmed dies at 83
- 7 suicide attackers behind 6 SL blasts
- High-fructose corn syrup boosts intestinal tumor growth in mice
- PM returns home tomorrow
- New identity of Porimoni
- Shokh says ‘Goodbye’!
- 5 to die in Chapainawabganj rape case
- Terrorist killed in Gazipur gunfight
- Adele separates from husband
- Speak against militancy in Khutba: PM to Imams
- 4 killed in truck-auto rickshaw collision
- 13 under arrest for Sri Lanka blasts: police
- UN top officials urged to pursue Myanmar for safe zone
- Shomi Kaiser faces criticism for her behavior
- Case filed over Shahenur’s death
- Nusrat murder: CID searching money grantor