Dhaka-Rajshahi nonstop train
‘Bonolota Express’ to launch tomorrow
Published: 02:51 PM, 24 April 2019 Updated: 02:52 PM, 24 April 2019
The West Zone of Bangladesh Railway (BR) has set to launch the ‘Bonolota Express’ a non-stop intercity train, on Rajshahi-Dhaka route to meet up the long-cherished demands of the people tomorrow.
Sources said that, Railway West Zone has made all preparation to launch the service on 25th April, tomorrow.
“We are almost ready to start the train tomorrow. The train has already been brought to Rajshahi Railway Station from Ishwardi Junction,” said Khandakar Shahidul Islam, General Manager of the zone, while talking to BSS here today.
He says Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will launch the train service through video conference from Dhaka at 10am.
Railways Minister Nurul Islam Sujan, MP, and Rajshahi City Corporation Mayor AHM Khairuzzman Liton accompanied by many other dignitaries will attend the inaugural ceremony to be held at Rajshahi Railway station before departure of the opening train at 11:10 am on Thursday.
The 928 seated ultramodern and high speed train with 12 coaches including two air-conditioned chairs and seven non-air conditioned chairs will be running on the route without any stoppage between Dhaka and Rajshahi.
Shahidul Islam said the train will be a new addition to the existing three intercity trains – Silk City Express, Padma Express and Dhumketu Express- on the route.
According to the schedule, the train will start from Rajshahi at 7am and reach Kamalapur Railway Station by 11:40 am. It will leave at 1:15 pm and reach Rajshahi at 6 pm.
The train will run with some modern facilities like bio-toilet, recliner chair, Wi-Fi and led display.
He said 50 high speed and modern coaches were imported from Indonesia to new trains on different routes including the Rajshahi-Dhaka one.
Once the train service- Bonolota Express – is launched, passengers will be able to travel to Dhaka from Rajshahi within 4 hours and 45 minutes, around one and a half hours less than the current travel time.
The forthcoming train will save at least two hours journey time than that of the existing three express trains, he said adding that the train will run on the 343-kilometer route every day excepting Friday, a weekly day-off.
Shahidul Islam also said the existing Padma Express which runs between Rajshahi and Dhaka will run between Chapainawabganj and Dhaka via Rajshahi from tomorrow.
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- PM to inaugurate `Gangchil` on Thursday
- Empty classrooms as some schools re-open in Kashmir
- Easy loan for idea innovators
- Peya Bipasha in new film
- Huawei gets 90 more days
- Man commits suicide after being raped in Gazipur
- Aklima`s husband & father-in-law dies
- Srijit a very good friend of mine: Mithila
- Indian foreign minister Jaishankar in Dhaka
- Dolphins goes extinct day by day
- BFF set to start world cup practice on Friday
- 5% VAT on ride-sharing companies
- Easy ways to clean the stomach
- Death toll crossed thousand in India
- BNP to complain to UN losing country`s support
- Sujon: New Star of Dhallywood!
- Eight grader raped by principal
- `Allah’r Dal` targets fired Pilkhana men
- 20 killed after fuel tanker explosion in Uganda
- Coast fishermen waiting for fish
- Chatku Ahmed losing eyesight!
- I want interactions with everyone: PM
- A new milestone for Purnima
- ‘National School Meal Act-2019’ draft approves
- Magical use of Ghee for skin & hair
- ‘Mongla Port Authority Act’ draft approves
- HC seeks SP’s remarks over Minni’s confession
- T-Aman seedbed prepared on 100 acres in Gaibandha
- Man dies of dengue in Mymensingh
- All News »
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- 63 Bangladeshi Hajj pilgrims died in Saudi Arabia
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- Flood victims to get 24,000 houses
- App launches to prevent dengue
- Kashmir outposts divided over status change
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future
- Sabbir invites PM to his wedding
- 2 dead, 3 missing after boat sinks in Jamuna
- Lawyer killed in Cumilla road crash