Dhaka-Rajshahi nonstop train
‘Bonolota Express’ to launch tomorrow
Published: 02:51 PM, 24 April 2019 Updated: 02:52 PM, 24 April 2019
The West Zone of Bangladesh Railway (BR) has set to launch the ‘Bonolota Express’ a non-stop intercity train, on Rajshahi-Dhaka route to meet up the long-cherished demands of the people tomorrow.
Sources said that, Railway West Zone has made all preparation to launch the service on 25th April, tomorrow.
“We are almost ready to start the train tomorrow. The train has already been brought to Rajshahi Railway Station from Ishwardi Junction,” said Khandakar Shahidul Islam, General Manager of the zone, while talking to BSS here today.
He says Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will launch the train service through video conference from Dhaka at 10am.
Railways Minister Nurul Islam Sujan, MP, and Rajshahi City Corporation Mayor AHM Khairuzzman Liton accompanied by many other dignitaries will attend the inaugural ceremony to be held at Rajshahi Railway station before departure of the opening train at 11:10 am on Thursday.
The 928 seated ultramodern and high speed train with 12 coaches including two air-conditioned chairs and seven non-air conditioned chairs will be running on the route without any stoppage between Dhaka and Rajshahi.
Shahidul Islam said the train will be a new addition to the existing three intercity trains – Silk City Express, Padma Express and Dhumketu Express- on the route.
According to the schedule, the train will start from Rajshahi at 7am and reach Kamalapur Railway Station by 11:40 am. It will leave at 1:15 pm and reach Rajshahi at 6 pm.
The train will run with some modern facilities like bio-toilet, recliner chair, Wi-Fi and led display.
He said 50 high speed and modern coaches were imported from Indonesia to new trains on different routes including the Rajshahi-Dhaka one.
Once the train service- Bonolota Express – is launched, passengers will be able to travel to Dhaka from Rajshahi within 4 hours and 45 minutes, around one and a half hours less than the current travel time.
The forthcoming train will save at least two hours journey time than that of the existing three express trains, he said adding that the train will run on the 343-kilometer route every day excepting Friday, a weekly day-off.
Shahidul Islam also said the existing Padma Express which runs between Rajshahi and Dhaka will run between Chapainawabganj and Dhaka via Rajshahi from tomorrow.
- Panchagarh Express starts maiden journey
- PM opens 2nd Meghna, Gumti bridges
- Yaba trafficking: Rohingyas as safe passage
- UN honors 12 fallen Bangladesh peacekeepers
- Messi haunted by Liverpool defeat
- 13th span installed, 2km of Padma Bridge now visible
- Contributions of General Aziz Ahmed as ex Director General of BGB (Part II)
- Afghanistan beat Pakistan in 1st warm-up
- 25 inmates killed in clashes with police at Venezuela jail
- Nine killed in lightning strikes across country
- Panchagarh Express starts journey today
- 14 Bangladeshis among 290 migrants rescued in Libya coast
- 19 students die in Gujarat`s coaching centre fire
- Installation of 13th span on Padma Bridge today
- Inauguration of 2nd Meghna, Gumti bridges today
- 120th birth anniv of Nat`l Poet being celebrated
- WC Warm-Up match: India, Australia to play today
- On Mars, sands shift to a different drum
- How to enhance or suppress memories
- Theresa May profile
- Panchagarh Express maiden voyage tomorrow
- 20 student burnt to death in India
- Record budget for FY2019-20: Finance Minister
- Mother of two ‘gang raped’ in Noakhali
- We have fought having month-long fasting: AG Minister
- Lightning kills 3 in B’baria, Habiganj
- PM to open 2nd Meghna, Gumti bridges tomorrow
- Terrible traffic jam in Rupganj
- Collapse risk of College boundary in Nalitabari
- Aruk Munshi: living reflect of Bangabandhu
- All News »
- People on Mars by 2033 or 2060
- Six killed as bus hits tree in Bagerhat
- Messi scores twice but Barcelona held
- Ronaldo coming to Dhaka in Mujib Year
- Contributions of General Aziz Ahmed as ex Director General of BGB (Part I)
- JS body discusses security of women, children
- `Final should not decide my future`
- Ukraine`s new president Zelensky calls snap elections
- 2 hijackers killed in Hazaribagh gunfight
- HC seeks reports of lab test on 93 more food items
- Eid holidaymakers’ sufferings to be reduced
- Cabinet reshuffle: Murad moved to Info Ministry
- 152,000 passed in NTRCA preli
- The Army Chief of Bangladesh urges to increase interoperability of land forces
- Rumin Farhana gets BNP’s reserve seat nomination
- OC withdrawn over schoolgirl Barsha’s suicide after rape
- Polls to suspended 5 UZs on June 18
- Taskin in WC reserve squad finally
- AIUB pupil’s body recovered from GF`s house
- 15 Bangladeshi survivors return home
- 6 women among 11 killed in ‘massacre’ at bar
- Commercial operation of BS-I begins today
- Actress Maya Ghosh dies
- TCB stopped sale of Ramadan commodities suddenly!
- On Mars, sands shift to a different drum
- Highest power generation recorded
- When Jail-guard are ‘drug dealers’!
- Offical theme song of ICC World Cup 2019 released
- Can Aditi fulfill her dream?
- Archer named in England World Cup squad