Boat to ‘sink’ on December 30: Zafrullah
Published: 05:26 PM, 7 December 2018 Updated: 05:26 PM, 7 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Gonoshasthya Kendra founder Dr Zafrullah Chowdhury on Friday said the government's no plan to 'control' the December-30 national election will work with the spontaneous presence of voters at every polling station.
"Your (govt's) all plans to establish control on the election will turn into a futile exercise as people will go to polling stations since early morning...the government's boat (AL's election symbol) will sink on December 30," he said.
Zafrullah, a pro-BNP professional, came up with the comments while speaking at a discussion arranged by Jatiyatabadi Chalok Dal at the Jatiya Press Club.
He hoped that BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia will be freed from jail getting justice after the national election. "But, she'll be released through ensuring justice, not at anybody's mercy."
The pro-BNP intellectual said the victory of Jatiya Oikyafront, led by Dr Kamal Hossain, is certain in the upcoming election.
Zafrullah, also an Oikyafront leader, called upon leaders and activists of the alliance to go to every polling station early morning braving all barriers and intimidation to cast their votes and help voters exercise their franchise.
He suggested the leaders of BNP and the Oikyafront not take any decision of boycotting the election under any circumstance.
Zafrullah, however, assured the ruling party leaders that they will not badly suffer like Khaleda Zia for their misdeeds if they get defeated in the election.
He criticised the government for what he said its repressive acts and indulging in extrajudicial killings and enforced disappearances.
Speaking at the program, BNP chairperson's adviser Zainul Abedin Farroque urged BNP leaders and activists to get ready for a battle of the vote under any situation.
"As we've participated in the election under a partisan government, we must fight till the last and guard the polling stations braving arrest and other barriers," he added.
- Best exercise for your heart
- Truck carrying aid crosses border: OPPO MP
- Golden jubilee of Bangabandhu title observed
- Palestinians’ pray in long-closed part of Al-Aqsa
- Toxic liquor death stood 102 in Assam
- Sanai’s wedding tunes with ex-Minister
- Venezuela soldiers abandon posts at Colombia border
- PM releases stamp on Bangabandhu title’s golden jubilee
- Fire guilty should be trialed: GM Quader
- Chemical found! Dail 9556014
- Scout for free from militant, drugs: AG Minister
- Snow to strike Britain again freeze!
- Chemical godowns shift starts
- Tobacco use Loss over Tk 30,000 cr per yr
- Our fight is for Kashmir, Not against Kashmiris: Modi
- Vidya on banning Pakistani artistes in India
- 300 vehicles on fire near Bengaluru Air Show
- Mithila again in love!
- Savings Week 2019 begins in Rajshahi
- John Keats recall; Physician to Poet
- Mendis, Fernando carry Sri Lanka to historic win
- Cleanliness crush program in RMCH
- BCL declers Shovon-Rabbani pannel
- Marshall Islands consider radical measures
- NASA’s new DNA for alien search
- Salman Shah`s death report submission date deferred again
- Guaido defies travel ban
- AL nomination meeting today
- Assam toxic liquor death toll mounts to 84
- Mola in ponds improves others` nutritional quality
- All News »
- Pakistan summons Indian envoy to protest `baseless allegations`
- Another spell of gas suspension in Capital Tuesday
- 16 burnt, 50 injured in Churihatta fire
- JnU BCL committee dissolved
- BCL factional clash hurt 45 in JnU
- Daily Bangladesh mourns death in Chawkbazar fire
- 1 killed as tree fall in capital, 7 injured
- Drug trader hurt in Chatmohor gunfight
- Mithun`s fifty takes Bangladesh to 226
- Gas supply shutdown in Dhaka including Savar
- Nation set to pay homage to language martyrs
- Ali, employee of Daily Bangladesh, injured in road crash
- Barcelona, Man City to play tonight
- Japan probe Hayabusa2 makes asteroid landing
- NZ clinch ODI series 2-0 against Tigers
- “’Fagun Haway’ will inspire new generation in patriotism”
- Death toll in Nigeria attack doubles to 130
- Samsung to launch US retail stores in smartphone push
- Prominent poet Al Mahmud dies
- Last tributes to poet Al Mahmud at Bangla Academy
- 1st phase of nomination withdrawal ends today
- General Osmani’s 35th death anniversary today
- Sadhan urges officials to brighten up govt image
- Zulfikar Ali will survive if he got your help
- SERG Zahurul Haque’s death anniversary observed
- No pardon for drug traders: IGP
- India shouldn`t play Pakistan in World Cup: Harbhajan
- Maduro blasts US for ‘stealing’
- Saudi Arabia strikes $10bn China deal
- Shop gutted in Sylhet fire