Boat to ‘sink’ on December 30: Zafrullah
Published: 05:26 PM, 7 December 2018 Updated: 05:26 PM, 7 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Gonoshasthya Kendra founder Dr Zafrullah Chowdhury on Friday said the government's no plan to 'control' the December-30 national election will work with the spontaneous presence of voters at every polling station.
"Your (govt's) all plans to establish control on the election will turn into a futile exercise as people will go to polling stations since early morning...the government's boat (AL's election symbol) will sink on December 30," he said.
Zafrullah, a pro-BNP professional, came up with the comments while speaking at a discussion arranged by Jatiyatabadi Chalok Dal at the Jatiya Press Club.
He hoped that BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia will be freed from jail getting justice after the national election. "But, she'll be released through ensuring justice, not at anybody's mercy."
The pro-BNP intellectual said the victory of Jatiya Oikyafront, led by Dr Kamal Hossain, is certain in the upcoming election.
Zafrullah, also an Oikyafront leader, called upon leaders and activists of the alliance to go to every polling station early morning braving all barriers and intimidation to cast their votes and help voters exercise their franchise.
He suggested the leaders of BNP and the Oikyafront not take any decision of boycotting the election under any circumstance.
Zafrullah, however, assured the ruling party leaders that they will not badly suffer like Khaleda Zia for their misdeeds if they get defeated in the election.
He criticised the government for what he said its repressive acts and indulging in extrajudicial killings and enforced disappearances.
Speaking at the program, BNP chairperson's adviser Zainul Abedin Farroque urged BNP leaders and activists to get ready for a battle of the vote under any situation.
"As we've participated in the election under a partisan government, we must fight till the last and guard the polling stations braving arrest and other barriers," he added.
- Mild heat wave likely to continue
- Rajshahi growers likely to export 50 tonnes mango
- Drug trader killed in gunfight with BGB
- 9 nurses pregnant at one hospital at same time
- 2 hijackers killed in Hazaribagh gunfight
- Jubo League leader shot dead in Rangamati
- 6 women among 11 killed in ‘massacre’ at bar
- War would mean ‘end’ of Iran: Trump
- Snatcher killed in Chattogram gunfight
- Today’s sports on TV
- Messi scores twice but Barcelona held
- Blast injures tourists near Giza pyramids
- Simmons to step down as AFG coach after WC
- Exit polls says Modi could assume again as India PM
- Mobile banking transaction limit increased
- Niketa gets AL ticket for Bogura-6 by-poll
- PM host Iftar for freedom fighters and orphans
- Bangladesh will play in semi-final: Akash Chopra
- Pollard, Bravo named in Windies` CWC19 reserves
- Farmers face Tk 11,000 loss per Bigha!
- Security to be beefed up for Eid-ul Fitr: HM
- World Metrology Day tomorrow
- Setaria farming to increase fertility
- Cabinet reshuffle: Murad moved to Info Ministry
- How to pass 65 days?
- Bangladesh`s World Cup mission starts
- Second semifinal to be held at Edgbaston
- May plans ‘bold offer’ to get support deal
- 152,000 passed in NTRCA preli
- Life-Changing Lessons from the Quran (Part-1)
- All News »
- Bangladesh easily chased down Ireland`s 292
- Magnitude 7.5 quake hits off Papua New Guinea
- Justice Salma Masud accused of changing court verdict
- People on Mars by 2033 or 2060
- Narayanganj’s Araihazar OC withdrawn
- Bringing flavor back to tomatoes
- Messi scores twice but Barcelona held
- Six killed as bus hits tree in Bagerhat
- May agrees timetable to choose new UK PM
- Protik’s World Cup song ‘Banglar Damal Chelera’
- Poverty rate comes down
- BCL announced full-fledged committee
- PM likely to visit 3 countries
- Quader returns home this evening
- Eid advance bus ticket sale begins
- Quader to join his office today
- Two Rohingya human traffickers killed in gunfight
- Thor actor Isaac Kappy commits suicide
- Active bullock cart, crisis of day laborer
- 3000 tubewells need to free from arsenic
- HC bars use of phrase ‘fake freedom fighter’
- World Telecommunication and Information Society Day today
- Secret of sensational Majed killings revealed
- Man accused in 12 cases killed in gunfight
- Advanced train ticket sale begins May 22
- ‘AL not a political party only, organization also’
- President reaches London
- Magistrate`s car attacked in Ctg
- Tigers storm into final with emphatic win
- Sheikh Hasina’s homecoming day today