‘Blood Bank of Kaliganj’ saved thousand lives
Published: 09:37 PM, 18 August 2019 Updated: 09:40 PM, 18 August 2019
Jhenaidah's Blood Bank of Kaliganj has received a lot of response in the area. The organization's slogan is "The best gift of humanity, voluntarily donate blood, the patient will lough and save the lives."
Many patients including Dengue patients, road accidents injured, thalassemia, cancer patients have recovered after receiving free blood from here. College and University students are joining with them for this service. As a result, their working area is increasing more.
President of the organization Agriculturist Fazle Rabbi Shopno said that blood is needed to save lives of sick people. Having money many could not manage desired group blood. Blood is not available in all groups at all times. Again, it is difficult to get safe blood for all groups from a blood-trading business.
Fazle Rabbi also said that in one and a half year of the establishment, 492 blood donors have been found. So far 493 bags of blood have been given free.
Ashiq Elahi, a founding member of the organization, who is studying in Diploma Engineering, said that all those who belong to the organization are students of different colleges and universities. Many of them also doing job in different institutions. That's why they have to stay out. Many have returned home after completing their studies or have studied at a nearby college university so they have to stay in their area and they are basically working hard.
Azam Munshi, general secretary of the organization, said everyone came home on Eid holidays one and a half year ago. Then we six-person decided to form a blood bank group. Then we start working. Initially, We encouraged people in different ways if anyone needed blood. We have helped the victims in our initiative with blood.
Then I created a blood donor group on Facebook to extend our work. The name we select 'Blood Bank of Kaliganj'. Donors quickly grew. Blood donors started posting on Facebook by typing a mobile number with their name and address. Now everyone is in the collection of mobile numbers. If needed, blood is given immediately. If not, it is reported within a very short time.
Tanni Debnath is a third-grade student. She affected with thalassemia when she was only seven months old. Since then she has survived by other blood.
Her mother Purnima Adhikari, a resident of Kaliganj College Para said, her husband is a tea shopkeeper. Their domestic life is full of scarcity. Then there is no ability to buy blood and give it to the daughter's body. As a result, the town boys have to thank them for the great initiative.
Jamshed Rana of Narendrapur village of Kaliganj Upazila said his sister Shamima Yasmin was suffering from thalassemia. She has long been alive by general people blood. At present, some boys of Kaliganj are giving blood to his sister.
Kaliganj Municipality Mayor Ashraful Alam Ashraf said, 'Blood Bank of Kaliganj' is beside of people with blood. I will cooperate with them.
- Tohura star as Bangladesh draw 2-2 with Australia
- ‘Alpha’ to represent Bangladesh in Oscar
- VC Nasir’s one-day tea bill Tk 40,000!
- Fishers’ pleasure of repay dues
- Nusrat murder accused Moni gave birth in prison
- Bangladesh take on Yemen in AFC U-16 Championship tomorrow
- Milan Fashion: J-Lo struts updated jungle dress at Versace
- Dananjaya suspended for illegal action
- Simeone - `I`m not interested` in Griezmann reports
- Housewife dies of dengue in Barishal
- £6bn UK aid for Bangladesh, other climate victim countries
- KCC to get modern slaughterhouse soon
- Pea-flour to prevent dandruff-hair fall
- Huge asteroid narrowly missed Earth; NASA reveals
- Two cases filed against Firoz
- Anti-Sisi protests break out in Egypt
- Lalbagh Fort: Secret Tunnels and historical mysteries
- Millions march against climate change
- US to send troops, equipment to Saudi Arabia
- BSMRSTU closed over student unrest
- Heat wave may abate from some places
- Zuckerberg nixes Trump’s idea of breaking up Facebook
- Madrasa student goes missing at tourist spot
- Ranu had several lovers, director leaked
- PM reaches Abu Dhabi
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test begins
- 448 settlers stormed Al-Aqsa Mosque last week
- Tigers face Afghans this evening
- 113 UK MPs criticized Israeli apartheid policy
- Bus hits standing truck, kills 4 including SI
- All News »
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- Codex Gigas: The Devil’s Bible
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Fire breaks out at Shwapno Super Shop in Banani
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Juba League leader Khaled arrested
- White House: A monstrous residence
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test today
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- Pygmy: The forest lovers
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- BD youth died in Malaysia, body can’t bring as address not found
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- Young Tigers thrash India, target 107
- Salman Shah’s weeklong birthday celebration
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test Friday
- Mysterious dragon of Boga Lake
- Nargis Fakhri coming to Dhaka
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean
- ‘Chapati Tuhin’ killed in Narayanganj gunfight
- Puja Cherry got married!
- Lukla: World`s most dangerous airport
- Rain-floods claimed 5 lives in Spain