Bitter squash in office’s flowerpots
Published: 12:00 PM, 24 April 2019 Updated: 12:05 PM, 24 April 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
Sufia Khatun of Khulna, who is working in a development organization named Coastal Development Partnership (CDP), has set an example of cultivating bitter squash in flowerpots in office.
Besides job, she planted different trees in her own initiative in the office’s flowerpots. She took the fruits of bitter squash from the trees. She even presented as gifts to all the officers and employees of the office.
When anyone comes to the CDP building on 55/2 of Islampur Road in Dolkholastho of Khulna city, they got fascinated by seeing trees and flower garden.
“A few months ago, I planted trees as well as bitter squash in the office's flowerpots as a hobby. The trees have spread across the office,” said Sufia Khatun.
Before that she planted gourds and pumpkins in the office’s flowerpots, she informed.
CDP official Kamrul Kajal said, “The fresh vegetables are good for health. For better health, the city people are basically dependent on the market for fresh vegetables. However, Sufia Khatun proved how easy it is to cultivate vegetables in flowerpots.”
They are very happy for the gifts of bitter squash given by Sufia Khatun, said Kamrul Kajal.
“Sufia Khatun is the vegetable master in this city. She and office assistant Jahangir have decorated the garden with vegetables and flowers inspired by Aloara Alam Kachi, wife of Ashraf-ul Alam, a freedom fighter and the founder of CDP,” said SM Iqbal Hossain Biplob, coordinator of Khulna CDP.
“Sufia has been working in this institution for almost 20 years. She planted vegetables in the office premises and surprised everyone. Due to this, the beauty of the office increased. Someone like her can cultivate vegetables on roofs, in veranda, in small and big size flowerpots. With this, anyone can get the taste of the fresh vegetable,” he added.
- Mango bean for diabetes control
- Maritime ports asked to hoist signal 3
- Panchagarh Express starts maiden journey
- PM opens 2nd Meghna, Gumti bridges
- Yaba trafficking: Rohingyas as safe passage
- UN honors 12 fallen Bangladesh peacekeepers
- Messi haunted by Liverpool defeat
- 13th span installed, 2km of Padma Bridge now visible
- Contributions of General Aziz Ahmed as ex Director General of BGB (Part II)
- Afghanistan beat Pakistan in 1st warm-up
- 25 inmates killed in clashes with police at Venezuela jail
- Nine killed in lightning strikes across country
- Panchagarh Express starts journey today
- 14 Bangladeshis among 290 migrants rescued in Libya coast
- 19 students die in Gujarat`s coaching centre fire
- Installation of 13th span on Padma Bridge today
- Inauguration of 2nd Meghna, Gumti bridges today
- 120th birth anniv of Nat`l Poet being celebrated
- WC Warm-Up match: India, Australia to play today
- On Mars, sands shift to a different drum
- How to enhance or suppress memories
- Theresa May profile
- Panchagarh Express maiden voyage tomorrow
- 20 student burnt to death in India
- Record budget for FY2019-20: Finance Minister
- Mother of two ‘gang raped’ in Noakhali
- We have fought having month-long fasting: AG Minister
- Lightning kills 3 in B’baria, Habiganj
- PM to open 2nd Meghna, Gumti bridges tomorrow
- Terrible traffic jam in Rupganj
- All News »
- People on Mars by 2033 or 2060
- Six killed as bus hits tree in Bagerhat
- Messi scores twice but Barcelona held
- Ronaldo coming to Dhaka in Mujib Year
- Contributions of General Aziz Ahmed as ex Director General of BGB (Part I)
- JS body discusses security of women, children
- `Final should not decide my future`
- Ukraine`s new president Zelensky calls snap elections
- 2 hijackers killed in Hazaribagh gunfight
- HC seeks reports of lab test on 93 more food items
- Eid holidaymakers’ sufferings to be reduced
- Cabinet reshuffle: Murad moved to Info Ministry
- 152,000 passed in NTRCA preli
- The Army Chief of Bangladesh urges to increase interoperability of land forces
- Rumin Farhana gets BNP’s reserve seat nomination
- OC withdrawn over schoolgirl Barsha’s suicide after rape
- Polls to suspended 5 UZs on June 18
- Taskin in WC reserve squad finally
- AIUB pupil’s body recovered from GF`s house
- 15 Bangladeshi survivors return home
- 6 women among 11 killed in ‘massacre’ at bar
- Commercial operation of BS-I begins today
- Actress Maya Ghosh dies
- TCB stopped sale of Ramadan commodities suddenly!
- On Mars, sands shift to a different drum
- Highest power generation recorded
- When Jail-guard are ‘drug dealers’!
- Offical theme song of ICC World Cup 2019 released
- Can Aditi fulfill her dream?
- Archer named in England World Cup squad