Happy Birthday Babita
Birthday means another step to death: Babita
Published: 03:30 PM, 30 July 2019
Farida Akhtar Popi, popularly known as Babita, a teenager appeared in the East Pakistan films in the late 60s. She has been acting in numerous films for almost three decades. She was honored to receive the first Best Actress Award at the National Film Awards of Independent Bangladesh. As a result, Babita is one of the brightest stars in Bangladeshi films. Her character as a heroine was remarkable. And she showed equal skill in acting, glamour, screen personalities and dance. Today is the birthday of this legendary actress.
Babita has no special plans for this year’s birthday. The actress said, “As a Muslim, I believe that we have come to this world for a certain period. As we born, we have to face death as well. Almighty Allah decided the time of our death. So a new birthday means going another step forward to death. Age is decreasing. So, there are not many things to do in this day. But it doesn’t mean that the day can't be celebrated. It can be celebrated in a limited way.”
Anik, the only son of Bobita lives in Canada. Her birthday begins taking with her only son Anik. “Anik says you are the best mother in the world. In fact, to all children, his/her mother is the best mother in the world. I understand how much Anik loves, feels, and respects me,” she said.
For the past several years, Babita has been a Goodwill Ambassador of ‘Distress Children’s Infant International’ which stands beside vulnerable underprivileged children. Immediately after last Eid, she and her two sisters Suchanda and Champa celebrated Eid, especially with those deprived children. The talented actress is now having a very busy time with her personal work.
Babita made her film debut in the 60s when she was in class six through the ‘Sansar’ film directed by Zaheer Raihan. In that film, she played the role of Abdur Rajjak and Suchanda’s daughter. Although the film did not release at that time, Babita was praised in the international arena through her work in Satyajit Ray’s film ‘Ashani Sanket’.
She has received numerous honors at home and abroad in recognition for her work. She won the National Film Award for three years in a row. She got lifetime honor at the National Film Awards in 2016.
Babita has numerous commercially successful films- ‘Ashani Sanket’, ‘Nishan’, ‘Montu Amar Naam’, ‘Pratigga’, ‘Love In Singapore’, ‘Mayer Jonno Pagol’, ‘Taka Ana Pai’, ‘Swarolipi’, ‘Tinkanya’, ‘Shashurbari’, ‘Miss Lanka’, ‘Jibon Songsar’, ‘Laili Majnu’, ‘Golapi Ekhon Traine’, ‘Lathiyal’, ‘Jhonmo Theke Jolchi’ etc.
- S Korea`s young men are fighting against feminism
- Hong Kong protesters trash subway station, stage mall rally
- 19 arrested from 3 Spa centers at Gulshan-1
- Nasima Begum appointed NHRC Chairman
- Houthi rebels in Yemen say they will stop attacks on Saudi Arabia
- 5 JMB men sentenced 12 yrs jail for Khilkhet bomb attack
- 16 years friendship or something!
- U-19 cricket team leaves for NZ Monday
- Couple becomes millionaire by cheating
- Live crocodile in pond!
- Twin Town: An unsolved mystery of India
- Daughter demands info on Mehbooba Mufti’s arrest
- Huge Typhoon Tapah threatens Japan, South Korea
- Bangabandhu Gold Cup Football held in Gaibandha
- India opt to bat in 3rd T20
- Stem cells to repair brain
- Stay out of Gulf; Iran warns
- Alia Bhatt to play lead in Sanjay Leela Bhansali`s Gangubai!
- Gaur Nagar: The capital of early Bengal
- Casino gadgets recovered from 4 clubs in Motijheel
- Online products sellers to pay VAT: NBR
- College student killed for ransom
- ACC: Govt officials held in Dinajpur
- BUP Film Fest-2019 begins Monday
- Rashid Khan uncertain for tri-series final
- JU `A` unit admission tests held
- How can you make your feet pretty?
- Bandit jumps into river gripping woman
- Charge sheet against Minni fabricated: Lawyer
- Foreign liquor recovered in Padma!
- All News »
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- Codex Gigas: The Devil’s Bible
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Fire breaks out at Shwapno Super Shop in Banani
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Juba League leader Khaled arrested
- White House: A monstrous residence
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test today
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- Lalbagh Fort: Secret Tunnels and historical mysteries
- Chikon Kala: Jungle of insatiable demons
- Bakarkhani, symbol of an ‘immortal love’ story
- Pygmy: The forest lovers
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test Friday
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test begins
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- Nargis Fakhri coming to Dhaka
- Shakib Khan’s talk on Salman Shah’s birthday celebration
- Salman Shah’s weeklong birthday celebration
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- Puja Cherry got married!
- ‘Chapati Tuhin’ killed in Narayanganj gunfight
- Mysterious dragon of Boga Lake
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean
- Lukla: World`s most dangerous airport
- Srabanti in Gym, then what happen?
- US plan to explode moon with NUC bombing