Biman plane makes emergency landing over `hijack attempt`
Published: 07:00 PM, 24 February 2019 Updated: 08:55 PM, 24 February 2019
A Biman Bangladesh passenger plane (BG 147) bound for Dubai was forced to land shortly after unnamed men on the flight ordered it to land at Shah Amanat Airport in Chattogram. Law enforcers surrounded the plane.
It is known that a suspected armed pilot has been held hostage inside the aircraft.
After landing, all passengers of the flight were let down and the plane is in the runway. There were no immediate reports of casualties in the incident.
Police and other law enforcement have been refusing to confirm or deny that it was a case of hijacking and have been terming it an untoward incident.
Civil Aviation Secretary Mohibul Haque said a cabin crew member raised alarm finding the behavior of a passenger suspicious. The member the pilots of the matter. The pilot made the emergency landing. All passengers were evacuated from the aircraft. Only the suspect and a cabin crew member are onboard. Commando units have surrounded the aircraft.
A passenger of the plane said that a passenger has firearms inside the aircraft. He is foreigner. A gunshot sound was heard inside. It is also thought that someone could be injured in it. He also said a cabin crew first informed the matter to the pilot after being suspect. The pilot decides to land the aircraft without taking any risk thinking the safety of the passangers.
There were 147 passengers on the board. Although the captain and most of the passengers were able to safely get off, some passangers and a cabin crew were hostage. One remain inside the plane with bullet injury. The armedman himself is staying inside.
- Bribery scam: Ex-ACC Director Basir sent to jail
- New research unveils real cause of heart attack
- Four killed in Narayanganj’s 4 Upazilas
- ‘Stern action if killing people over child lifting rumor’
- 5828 multimedia classrooms installed in Rajshahi
- Sergeant Kibria’s father files writ seeking compensation
- Minni’s bail hearing Jul 30
- Three father of a newborn baby!
- Shokh to play Minni’s role in Eid
- Habits that extremely harmful for liver
- Rain likely to increase, temperature may fall
- Advance train tickets to be sold at 5 spots
- Fire breaks out at CMCH Psychiatry department
- 25 schoolgirls fall sick from laughing too much
- ‘Lion King’ roars as surpassing ‘Avengers’ record
- Ronaldo will not face rape charges
- Critical security flaw found in VLC Player
- Two robbers killed in Sundarbans gunfight
- Large-scale government data hacks in Russia, Bulgaria
- Mehazabien with new story
- Shinzo Abe wins Japan’s upper house poll
- National Public Service Day-2019 today
- Renu lynched in Badda: 2 more held
- Drug peddler killed in Meherpur gunfight
- Suspended ACC director Basir held
- Bangladesh to play warm-up match today
- ‘Child lifters’ rumor: innocence loses life
- Chandrayaan-2: India launches second Moon mission
- WHO to work with DSCC in combating dengue
- Bangladesh U-19 beat England U-19
- All News »
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- Renu lynched in Badda, 3 held
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- Edu Minister`s husband Toufiq Nawaz severely ill
- How to get HSC result
- Bangladesh to play warm-up match today
- Minni sent to jail
- HSC pass rate increases 7.9 pc
- Court dismisses Minni’s two petitions
- Put Myanmar for Rohingya return; FM urges US
- PM to inaugurate ‘Benapole Express’ Wednesday
- Country’s 7th mobile assembling plant to be launched with FDI
- Ershad’s namaz-e-janaza held in Rangpur
- Minni on 5-day remand
- Ershad’s body in Rangpur
- Man accused in 14 cases killed in gunfight
- Google shuts down AdSense on Android, iOS for web
- Another hit of Gully Boy!
- DIG Mizan shown arrested in bribery case
- Humanity for animal !