Biman hijacker a listed criminal : RAB
Published: 01:38 PM, 25 February 2019 Updated: 08:50 PM, 25 February 2019
The alleged Biman hijacker, who tried to hijack a flight of the national flag carrier Biman Bangladesh Airlines at Chattogram’s Shah Amanat International Airport on Sunday, was identified.
Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) on Monday claimed that the alleged hijacker is Md Palash Ahmed, a listed criminal of Narayanganj.
Mufti Mahmud Khan, director of the elite force’s legal and media wing, said that they found fingerprint match with the hijacker with one Md Palash Ahmed. His father name is Piyar Jahan Sardar, a resident of Pirijpur in Narayanganj’s Sonargaon.
He was a passenger of a domestic flight from Dhaka to Chattogram. The BG 147 Flight had a seat reserved to Ahmed/Md Polash.
Earlier, authorities at the airport said that the hijacker identified himself as Mahadi.
On Sunday, a flight, carrying 134 passenger and 14 crews, of the national flag carrier Biman Bangladesh Airlines was allegedly hijacked at Chattogram’s Shah Amanat International Airport.
The plane was landed on an emergency basis and all the passengers on board and the cabin crew members were evacuated safely.
Later, the alleged hijacker, who was said to have been in his mid-20s and armed with a pistol, was neutralised in a swift commando operation of eight minutes.
- Maulana Mehmood Madani to visit Dhaka
- Sufi Mizan: A hawker for social service
- Bangabandhu Book Corner for all primary schools
- Pension within 3-day of bill submission
- Man detained with large number yaba
- 9 hospitalized for drinking tea in Manikganj
- Govt decides to declare 2021 as Tourism Year
- Myanmar army plans trials for abuses on Rohingyas
- Farmer killed by cousin
- ‘Amar Bhaier Rokte Rangano’- sung by 17 countries’ students
- West Indies seal easy victory over Thailand
- Robber killed in Sylhet gunfight
- BD up 6 notches on global terrorism index
- Bangladesh ahead despite Ervine`s ton
- 4 killed as pickup van overturns in Tangail
- Tk 200 bank notes, gold and silver coins to be launched
- Thousands children pay floral tribute at wall-painted Shaheed Minar
- Thailand set 79 to win for West Indies
- Malaysian Human Resources Minister due in Dhaka today
- Natural ways to improve memory
- Youth killed in Manikganj road crash
- Thailand Women opt to bat
- Coronavirus: 35 infected identified in USA
- Rain likely in next 72 hours
- Chance to control is narrowing; says WHO
- Jisshu in love with Kangana!
- Sean Williams becomes father of baby girl
- Woman’s body found in Banana orchard
- 120 terrorists killed in Niger military operation
- Corona masks first wedding kiss
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Good news to honey farmers
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Death toll in China surges past 1,500
- Coronavirus infected more than 67,000 globally
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- Wuhan hospital chief dies of coronavirus
- Another Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in Singapore
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- Dhaka-10 by-polls; Those who are in talks
- Corona in Singapore: Another Bangladeshi identified
- Padma Bridge’s 25th span to be installed on Language Day