Biman hijacker a listed criminal : RAB
Published: 01:38 PM, 25 February 2019 Updated: 08:50 PM, 25 February 2019
The alleged Biman hijacker, who tried to hijack a flight of the national flag carrier Biman Bangladesh Airlines at Chattogram’s Shah Amanat International Airport on Sunday, was identified.
Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) on Monday claimed that the alleged hijacker is Md Palash Ahmed, a listed criminal of Narayanganj.
Mufti Mahmud Khan, director of the elite force’s legal and media wing, said that they found fingerprint match with the hijacker with one Md Palash Ahmed. His father name is Piyar Jahan Sardar, a resident of Pirijpur in Narayanganj’s Sonargaon.
He was a passenger of a domestic flight from Dhaka to Chattogram. The BG 147 Flight had a seat reserved to Ahmed/Md Polash.
Earlier, authorities at the airport said that the hijacker identified himself as Mahadi.
On Sunday, a flight, carrying 134 passenger and 14 crews, of the national flag carrier Biman Bangladesh Airlines was allegedly hijacked at Chattogram’s Shah Amanat International Airport.
The plane was landed on an emergency basis and all the passengers on board and the cabin crew members were evacuated safely.
Later, the alleged hijacker, who was said to have been in his mid-20s and armed with a pistol, was neutralised in a swift commando operation of eight minutes.
- Ben Ali: The autocrat’s anomie lit-up Arab Spring
- Singer Aaron Carter raped by older sister
- Nusrat-Mimi dance for Durga Puja theme song
- Google to invest 3 bin euros in Europe
- Bangladesh pays hotel fare for Zim team
- Modi highly ambitious over India-US ties amid UNGA visit
- Polio outbreak in Philippines
- 24 Rohingyas detained in Ctg
- Operations will be conducted in Chattogram too: Minister
- BIMOX 2nd edition expo-2019 begins
- ICMAB holds talks on sustainability, global reporting initiatives
- Masakadza wins Zimbabwe in outing match
- 9 m babies born in unrest part of world last yr
- RAB surrounds 3 more clubs in city
- GK Shamim is none of Jubo League: Omar Farooq
- U-23 India series: Bangladesh lost to host by 34 runs
- PM leaves for NY to join UNGA
- Arjun Kapoor trolls Alia Bhatt
- Kalabagan Krira Chakra president Shafiqul detains
- Zim’s captain to farewell intl cricket
- Salman leaps with joy as Katrina sets IIFA 2019 stage on fire
- Why Srabanti suddenly in Dhaka?
- SBMC under teacher crisis
- Zimbabwe inept to pay hotel rent!
- World’s ‘smallest’ mosque located in Bangladesh!
- RAB surrounds Kalabagan Krira Chakra
- Afghanistan wins toss, opts to bat
- Supreme Court to rule next week on UK parliament suspension
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test tomorrow
- Elephant panic on Bakshiganj border
- All News »
- Mahi’s 33 and Tisha’s 22
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- Codex Gigas: The Devil’s Bible
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- Fire breaks out at Shwapno Super Shop in Banani
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Juba League leader Khaled arrested
- White House: A monstrous residence
- Self-made billionaire Jack Ma, who was rejected from 30 jobs
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- Saudi reduces Hajj-Umrah visa fee
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test today
- ‘BNP’s many leaders are hired’
- Pygmy: The forest lovers
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- Taliban seizes more land after failed peace talks
- Young Tigers thrash India, target 107
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- Amitabh was victim to marry Jaya!
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- DU admission test begins
- Mysterious dragon of Boga Lake
- Salman Shah’s weeklong birthday celebration
- ‘Chapati Tuhin’ killed in Narayanganj gunfight