Bijoy, Taijul call up for Sri Lanka series
Published: 04:20 PM, 16 July 2019 Updated: 04:28 PM, 16 July 2019
Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) today announced 14-man squad for the upcoming Sri Lanka tour. Wicketkeeper-batsman Anamul Haque Bijoy and Left-hand spinner Taijul Islam has been called up for the three-match ODI series.
Anamul replaces Liton Das while Taijul replaces Shakib Al Hasan, with both Shakib and Liton having taken a break for the series.
Abu Jayed Rahi, the pacer who was with the World Cup squad but did not get a game, has been excluded from the Sri Lanka tour while the rest of the members of the World Cup squad will travel.
"Shakib and Liton are not going to Sri Lanka. So we included Bijoy and Taijul in their position. Since Bijoy played well in domestic cricket, we included him while we needed a left-arm spinner in place of Shakib and Taijul was the choice. Rahi has been included from the World Cup squad," chief selector Minhajul Abedin told reporters on Tuesday.
Tigers leave the country for Sri Lanka to play ODI series on July 20. The three-match series will kick-off on July 26. The second and third match will be played on July 28 and 31 respectively.
Bangladesh squad: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza (capt), Tamim Iqbal, Soumya Sarkar, Mushfiqur Rahim, Mohammad Mithun, Mahmudullah Riyad, Mehedi Hasan Miraz, Anamul Haque, Sabbir Rahman, Mosaddek Hossain, Mohammad Saifuddin, Rubel Hossain, Taijul Islam
- Issues that will be discussed during Jayashankar’s visit
- Gibraltar rejects US request
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Marium, a lovely animal dies after eating plastic
- New Indonesian capital to be in Jungle?
- How to cook meat faster
- Tourists unhappy over Teknaf`s odor-pollution
- Fatima: The Wonder Lady!
- Rail links with Khulna snapped
- Maududist modern era devil: Agriculture Minister
- ‘Blood Bank of Kaliganj’ saved thousand lives
- ‘Mayaboti’ release date scheduled
- Dressing room rift misinterpreted in media: Mahmudullah
- Humayun for all-side interest on rawhide issue
- Tannery owners to buy rawhide form tomorrow
- JKS for transport workers’ fixed work hrs rein road accident
- How long should Kashmiris wait for peace?
- JnU’s Olympiad winner dies
- Day laborer Dalip Singh became ‘Great Khali’
- Shirin Sharmin to join South Asian Speakers’ Summit
- 1 day after buying bike, youth killed in accident
- Happy birthday Mia Bhai
- Serious health risk in handling taka: research reveals
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Cumilla road crash: 6 of a family among deceased
- Jumps from boat get a divorce!
- DMP files 4,780 cases over traffic violations
- Tk 120 cr allotted for flood recovery
- Writ seeking HC order to find out culprits in rawhide fall
- All News »
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- 63 Bangladeshi Hajj pilgrims died in Saudi Arabia
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- Flood victims to get 24,000 houses
- `Our prayer for abolition of evil power`
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future
- 8 births recorded during Hajj 2019
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- Kashmir outposts divided over status change
- 2 dead, 3 missing after boat sinks in Jamuna