Bhola Clash: BGB’s quick deploy by helicopter
Published: 05:37 PM, 20 October 2019 Updated: 05:38 PM, 20 October 2019
In Borhanuddin, Bhola, the decision has been taken to deploy BGB (Border Guard Bangladesh) members to control the situation. Four platoons of BGB have been deployed there on an emergency basis. A platoon BGB member has been sent by helicopter to reach the scene.
BGB headquarters public relations officer Shariful Islam confirmed the matter. He said that four platoons BGB have been deployed to control the situation in Bhola.
In addition, a platoon coast guard has been deployed to protect law and order. Hayat bin Siddique, an officer of the Coast Guard's media wing, confirmed the news.
According to local sources, a young man named Biplob Chandra Shubh made a derogatory comment on his Facebook ID with some friends on messenger on Friday afternoon. At one point, the protest was made from several IDs with screenshots of the messages, when the matter came to the notice. Later, there was a storm of protest burst out on Facebook.
Later, in the evening, Biplob Chandra went to the police station to file a GD as his Facebook ID was hacked. Locals called a protest rally at the Borhanuddin High School ground at 11 am on Sunday to protest the offensive post on Facebook.
At one point police charged to end the rally, then police and protesters were involved in a clash. Later, the protesters started throwing bricks at the police. Police fired teargas shells and rubber bullets to control the situation. More than a hundred people were injured in the incident. The injured were taken to Upazila Health Complex and Bhola Sadar Hospital while four people died on the way.
Bhola district SP Sarkar Mohammad Kausar said they wanted to rally without permission. They were asked to finish the rally quickly. But they did not listen and attacked us. Tear shells and sticks were used to control the situation.
- ASEAN disappointed over Myanmar’s genocide defending speech
- Cough remedy by natural syrup
- Dhaka set 135 for Rajshahi
- Ali Ajgar’s generosity for poor people
- Rain suspends play in Rawalpindi Test
- Appellate Division rejects Khaleda’s bail plea
- Today’s Sports on TV
- 33 detained in anti-narcotic drive
- Myanmar state counselor titles ‘Rohingya genocide’ as minor issue
- Myanmar admits the army used excessive force on Rohingya
- Rohingyas’ acute detest on Myanmar
- ‘Brutal massacre of Myanmar against Rohingya should be stopped’
- ‘Tragedies shouldn’t be heard at Hague’
- Myanmar people demo against state counselor
- US expects good result from ICJ: Miller
- Man accused in 13 cases killed in gunfight
- Keraniganj factory fire: Death toll climbs to 9
- Tight security at court premises
- Khaleda Zia’s bail hearing today
- Greta slams `misleading` climate pledges at chaotic UN summit
- Afif seeks tips from Russell to be good power-hitter
- Six dead in hours-long New York-area shootout
- Momen leaves for India tomorrow
- Minority people are living in peace: Quader
- Three motorcycles suddenly on ablaze in front of High Court
- Avijit Roy killing: Court summons Bonya Dec 30
- BRAC, NF to build 50 learning centers for Rohingya children
- Dhaka pushes for support to deal with climate change
- Govt works to increase trade ties with Belarus: Commerce Minister
- Myanmar people calling Suu Kyi a liar
- All News »
- Salman-Katrina arrive Dhaka
- Bangladeshi student secures top position in Bar at law
- Tahsan marry to Shaon!
- Srijit-Mithila’s wedding today
- Three TV channels to broadcast BPL opening ceremony live
- Mithila’s name changed after wedding
- Salman-Katrina to inebriate BPL stage
- Srijit-Mithila’s honeymoon picture goes viral
- Mithila tie knot with Srijit
- Rumpa’s ‘boyfriend’ Saikat on 4-day remand
- Romantic song featuring Siam-Pori Moni’s chemistry!
- Miss South Africa crowns Miss Universe 2019
- 4 killed in Florida police shootout over armed robbery
- Salman pays tributes to Bangabandhu
- Rights groups call for Myanmar boycott
- Mithila-Srijit’s honeymoon to Switzerland
- France shuts down: Mass strike hits trains, Eiffel Tower
- 58 dead as migrant boat sinks off Mauritania coast
- North Korea conducts ‘very important test’
- 3 of same family incl couple killed in Tangail road crash
- Pele’s last Brazil jersey sells for 30,000 euros in Italy
- Storm over new black hole issue
- Holy Fateha-e-Yazdaham today
- Just 3 days ‘Tui Ki Amar Hobi Re’ crossed 1 million
- `Miss Pakistan` killed in a car crash
- Sun yields its secrets to Parker Solar Probe
- Grand opening ceremony of BPL today
- Chile military plane disappears with 38 aboard
- Three of a family found dead in Barishal
- Polio returns to haunt Malaysia after 27 yrs