Bengali’s friend `George Harrison`
Published: 01:09 PM, 25 February 2019 Updated: 01:11 PM, 25 February 2019
George Harrison is one of the most talented and popular singers of the twentieth century. He is known as one of the four members of the famous band music team 'The Beatles'. Compared to other foreign musicians, Bangladeshis have a respect of the unique height for George Harrison. The reason behind this is 'The Concert for Bangladesh'.
Today is the talented artist's Happy Birthday. George Harrison was born in the UK on February 25, 1943.
George Harrison has kept the same expertise as music management, recording, and film production almost all the aspects.
Infect he was a lead guitarist; Beatles’ every album would keep George Harrison's own written and tune song one or two at least, which was an introduction to his talent.
Among the songs of the time Beatles the notables are - If I Needed Someone, Taxman, While My Guitar Gently Wives, Hair Comes The Sun and Something etc.
After breaking the Beatles his popularity did not subside. In the post 70's, many of his songs were very popular. The songs of this period were notable - My Sweet Lord (1970), Give Me Peace On Earth (1973), All Those Years Ago (1981), Get My Mind Set On You (1987).
The scene of the brutal massacre of the Pakistani occupation forces in Bangladesh in 1971, make George Harrison heartbroken. This popular artist of pop music has organized two charity concerts with Indian scholar Ravi Shankar.
On 1 August 1971, a benefit concert named ‘Concert for Bangladesh’ was organized in Madison Square Garden, New York City. 2,50,000 USD collected from this concert was given to Bangladesh refugees.
In the concert, George Harrison performed his own famous 'Bangladesh' song. All the money received from concert tickets, cassettes, was credited to UNICEF fund.
On November 29, 2001, Harrison died of metastatic non-small cell lung cancer at the age of 58. He was cremated at Hollywood Forever Cemetery.
Later, his body was spread in the Ganges and Yamuna rivers near Kashi in India. His family relatives completed his funeral in Hinduism.
George Harrison's statement about the faith was, “All theories are a large tree branches. What name you call him is not an important matter.”
- Lemon cultivation gaining popularity in Panchagarh
- AL secretariat meeting tomorrow
- Black holes made of dark energy?
- PM hints at buying two more Boeing aircraft
- PM inaugurates Biman’s ‘Rajhangsa’
- Lukla: World`s most dangerous airport
- Mysterious dragon of Boga Lake
- People’s reliance now on JP: GM Quader
- Plaintiff tries to suicide in court over husband’s bail
- Bangabandhu, Bangamata football tournament kicks-off!
- TCB to provide onion at Tk 45
- Durga Puja set-out in Jamalpur’s 210 temples
- ADB president to step down
- Rawdah of Rasulullah (SM) under Green Dome
- Puja Cherry got married!
- 27 policemen awarded in Dhaka Range Crime Conference
- Sheikh Hasina so far receives 37 int’l accolades
- Veteran coach Nazmul quits BCB
- U-23 squad announced for India tour
- Corruption in rice distribution
- Hilsa scarcity leads to paucity
- HC’s rule on CCSU election
- Smith takes 34-point lead over Kohli
- UAE introduces free visa on condition
- Woman carried away on mobility scooter in a hilarious state
- Probe report in BB reserve heist case on Oct 20
- IEEE accredited Bangladesh University
- Bosila militant den raid: Probe report on Oct 17
- Over 75 tigers died in Thailand for inbreeding fact
- Blast in Afghan President’s rally kills 24 civilians
- All News »
- Mahi’s 33 and Tisha’s 22
- Paris court finds Saudi princess guilty
- Blanche Monnier spent 25 yrs locked up just for love
- ADB country director praises PM’s planned development initiatives
- Germany criticizes Netanyahu’s annexation plan
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Kristen Stewart reacts to Robert Pattinson’s Batman casting
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- 18 yrs of 9/11, worst terrorist attack in history
- Self-made billionaire Jack Ma, who was rejected from 30 jobs
- Myths and controversies of Taj Mahal
- White House: A monstrous residence
- Saudi reduces Hajj-Umrah visa fee
- U-19 Asia Cup final: Bangladesh vs India Saturday
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- ‘BNP’s many leaders are hired’
- Rastafari, a religion that developed against “Whites”
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- Taliban seizes more land after failed peace talks
- ‘Rajhangsha’ to be inaugurated Saturday
- Mystery reveals after query actress Shimla
- Padma Bridge’s toll yet to be decided: Quader
- Young Tigers thrash India, target 107
- Amitabh was victim to marry Jaya!
- Rohingya homes destroyed for government facilities
- 12 sailors missing as lighter ship capsizes in Bay of Bengal
- Tajia procession brought out amid tight security
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects