‘Benapole Express’ launches
Published: 04:04 PM, 20 July 2019 Updated: 04:04 PM, 20 July 2019
The 'Benapole Express' train has been launched in the Dhaka-Benapole Railroad for the first time, 48 years after independence.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina inaugurated the rail-route at 12:30 pm on Saturday through a video conferencing. On the first day, the train departed carrying 115 passengers.
Railway sources said that, the train will move six days a week. It will leave Benapole at 3pm daily while leave Dhaka for Benapole at 12:20 am in the night. This train will stop at Jashore and Ishwardi stations only.
Railway sources further informed, the passengers will be able to travel freely in Dhaka-Benapole for seven and a half hours by the 'Benapole Express' train. There will be 10 coaches on this train. Among them, there are two cabins, two AC chairs and the rest of the chairs.
The cabin fare is Tk 1,200, AC chair fare Tk 1000 and non AC chair fare Tk 500, rail sources said. Passengers will be able to collect tickets for the train online.
This facilitated the transportation of the merchants engaged in the import and export work at Benapole Port. Apart from this, it was a long-standing demand by the locals. Because of the implementation, people of all classes are happy. With the launch of 'Benapole Express' train, trade and commerce will expand with India and within the country.
It is important to note that Benapole International Checkpost has five to six thousand passport passengers traveling to India every day. Most of these passengers came from Dhaka.
At the inauguration of the rail route organized at Benapole Railway Station, Sheikh Afil Uddin, the MP of of Jashore-1 constituency, Nasir Uddin MP of Jashore-3, (Jhikargachha), Director General of Bangladesh Railway Shamsuzzaman, Benapole Customs Commissioner Belal Hossain Chowdhury, ADC Hossain Sakhawat were also present.
- ‘Pak PM expressed concern over possible nuclear war with India
- Annie Silverstein’s ‘Bull’ wins top prize at Deauville
- Tigers lost to Afghans again!
- Rohingyas demand citizenship to return home
- Pak singer Robi jailed over comment ‘Narendra Modi must go to hell’
- Rule enacted for officials’ presence in PM’s state tours
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- White House: A monstrous residence
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- Hasina-Modi talks in Delhi Oct 5
- Tigers again in Afghan trouble
- Govt targets $50 bn in textile export
- Viqarunnisa gets new principal
- FM wants to keep trust in India
- Tigers lose 4 early targeting 165
- Plus-size beauty activist, Youtuber Nabela Noor in Dhaka
- Shinning days back in-house cow farm
- Injection to increase fairness!
- Airstrike kills 52 Taliban in Afghanistan
- Tips to have long-dense beard
- Saifuddin-Shakib turned 4 Afghans
- Joy-Lekhak pledge restore BCL status
- Time limit for Ins companies declared again
- Benefits of reciting Holy Qur’an
- Rituparna in Dhaka to make ‘Jam’!
- Police must try to gain trust of masses: PM
- DMP boss’ utmost importance on service for mass people
- 3 motorcyclists killed in Cumilla road crash
- HC directs hiring drivers on monthly salary basis
- Power outage at secretariat
- All News »
- Paris court finds Saudi princess guilty
- Mahi’s 33 and Tisha’s 22
- Sundarbans; a serene beauty
- `No alternative to capacity building to tackle cyber attack`
- With one suicide every 40 seconds, WHO urges action
- ADB country director praises PM’s planned development initiatives
- Germany criticizes Netanyahu’s annexation plan
- Blanche Monnier spent 25 yrs locked up just for love
- Ancient Greek: Origin of Culture and Civilization
- Kristen Stewart reacts to Robert Pattinson’s Batman casting
- Putin warned before 9/11 Twin-Tower attack
- 18 yrs of 9/11, worst terrorist attack in history
- Pakistan’s first female astronaut welcomed ISRO
- Bengal Commercial Bank launching soon
- Importance of ‘Fasting on Ashura’
- Self-made billionaire Jack Ma, who was rejected from 30 jobs
- Myths and controversies of Taj Mahal
- 5yrs without Firoza Begum
- U-19 Asia Cup final: Bangladesh vs India Saturday
- Saudi reduces Hajj-Umrah visa fee
- Gazipur hotel blast, probe committee formed
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- ‘BNP’s many leaders are hired’
- Nan Madol: Ghost City on sea
- Man accused in 6 cases killed in M’singh gunfight
- Mishu new face in Tigers` T20 squad
- Rastafari, a religion that developed against “Whites”
- Shakib prized Afghanistan
- Bribe-taking sub-registrar to be suspended
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS