Belal Chowdhury`s first namaz-e-janaza held
Published: 02:58 PM, 25 April 2018
The namaz-e-janaza of noted Poet Belal Chowdhury has been held in the Dhaka University`s central Mosque this noon.
After the janaza, the body of the poet was taken to his village home. Earlier, the people of all walks of respect expressed their respect to the poet of central Shahid Minar.
Poet`s body was taken to Shahidminer at around 11 am on Wednesday. There, the collective cultural alliance organized a tribute to all the people of Belal Chowdhury.
Awami League general secretary and road transport and labour minister Obaidul Quader came to pay tribute to poet Belal Chowdhury, said Belal Chowdhury was a Banyan Tree. He wrote about the Bengal soil-man and the sky. In his writings, these figures emerged. It was also popular in Kolkata. The country has irreparable damage to his death.
Culture Minister Asaduzzaman Noor paid tribute to the poet on behalf of the flowers. He said that poet Belal Chowdhury was a bright star, progressive people. He was known to us as Belal brother. Vacuum is made when any man leaves. Belal brother`s vacancy will not be fulfilled.
The body of Belal Chowdhury was taken to Dhaka Central Mosque at around 12:15 pm for namaz-e-janaza after performing a minute of silence after paying tribute.
People from different classes and occupations are staying in the premises of central Shahid Minar from the morning to pay tribute to the poet. In addition to poets, journalist cultural personalities including relatives and poets were present.
Belal Chowdhury, one of the poets of the sixties, left the last breath at around 12:15 am on Tuesday at Center of Anwar Khan Modern Hospital, Dhanmondi.
- Afghanistan mosque bombing kills 62
- Nadeem joins India squad for Ranchi Test
- Sheikh Russel’s 56th birthday observed
- Death sentence for humiliation of the Holy Quran
- Turkey-led strikes kill 14 civilians in northeast Syria
- Workshop on IT awareness for female students held at DU
- Aligarh University Prof meets DU VC
- KUET admission test held peacefully
- At least 28 killed in Afghan mosque blast
- Semolina’s rasmalai!
- NASA astronauts Koch and Meir in all-women spacewalk
- Education programs runing on tide
- UN welcomes Turkey`s ceasefire decision
- FM calls upon German investment in Bangladesh
- Surge success of Urmi
- Bangladesh maintains all-win run beating Faroe Islands 3-1
- 6 foods that damaging your kidneys
- Bangabandhu Film City will be world class: Hasan
- NCL coaches terminated for not playing leg spinner
- New labor laws in Qatar benefiting migrant workers
- Saif hits double ton, Imrul 93
- 17 fishermen jailed for catching hilsa
- Artist Kalidas Karmakar dies
- 35 arrested in anti-drug drive
- Culvert, the last reliance
- 2 children drown in Narail
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh
- Tahsan not ‘celebrating’ Birthday...
- Singapore beat Scotland in T20 WC qualifiers
- US imposes record $7.5 billion tariffs on European goods
- All News »
- Father killed child Tuhin, claim police
- Unseen ‘Miss World Bangladesh’ Rafah
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- Abrar murder: First confession by Ifti
- Bangla TV to air Bangladesh-India match
- Zion gives 2nd confessional statement in Abrar murder case
- Brutality upon child Tuhin
- Sabila Nur gets married this month
- PM urges UGC not to go beyond rules
- Brutal murder of child: Case filed against 10
- Sunny, Al Amin recalled for India T20 series
- 35 pilgrims killed as bus crashes in Saudia Arabia
- Typhoon Hagibis: Death toll rises to 68 in Japan
- Padma Bridge work progress 84 pc
- 3 including Indian national win Nobel Prize in Economics
- Abrar murder: Amit, Toha on 5-day remand
- Bangladesh becomes role model in disaster management: PM
- Japan keen to expand existing bilateral ties: Envoy
- Gold bars worth Tk 6.5cr recovered in Shah Amanat
- The king who rose from the dead
- The female Pharaoh who ruled by wearing false beards
- Jubo League age decision at Ganabhaban: Quader
- Moushumi assaulted at BFDC
- BUET students’ call off protests
- MBBS admission test today
- PM for quick disposal of Abrar murder case
- Woman given ‘Talaq’ for alcohol, short dress!
- 2 pedestrians die after being hit by bus
- Sourav Ganguly set to be president of BCCI
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh