Belal Chowdhury`s first namaz-e-janaza held
Published: 02:58 PM, 25 April 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
The namaz-e-janaza of noted Poet Belal Chowdhury has been held in the Dhaka University`s central Mosque this noon.
After the janaza, the body of the poet was taken to his village home. Earlier, the people of all walks of respect expressed their respect to the poet of central Shahid Minar.
Poet`s body was taken to Shahidminer at around 11 am on Wednesday. There, the collective cultural alliance organized a tribute to all the people of Belal Chowdhury.
Awami League general secretary and road transport and labour minister Obaidul Quader came to pay tribute to poet Belal Chowdhury, said Belal Chowdhury was a Banyan Tree. He wrote about the Bengal soil-man and the sky. In his writings, these figures emerged. It was also popular in Kolkata. The country has irreparable damage to his death.
Culture Minister Asaduzzaman Noor paid tribute to the poet on behalf of the flowers. He said that poet Belal Chowdhury was a bright star, progressive people. He was known to us as Belal brother. Vacuum is made when any man leaves. Belal brother`s vacancy will not be fulfilled.
The body of Belal Chowdhury was taken to Dhaka Central Mosque at around 12:15 pm for namaz-e-janaza after performing a minute of silence after paying tribute.
People from different classes and occupations are staying in the premises of central Shahid Minar from the morning to pay tribute to the poet. In addition to poets, journalist cultural personalities including relatives and poets were present.
Belal Chowdhury, one of the poets of the sixties, left the last breath at around 12:15 am on Tuesday at Center of Anwar Khan Modern Hospital, Dhanmondi.
- WC: Bangladesh meets Australia today
- Robber killed in Fatullah gunfight
- Youth killed in Mohammadpur gunfight
- Sohel Taj’s nephew rescued
- Williamson ton, Grandhomme power New Zealand in thriller
- Ex-hockey captain Ibrahim Saber passes away
- Bangladeshis stuck off Tunisia disembark
- Naogaon youth admits to raping girl after killing her mother
- 3 twin sisters of Mymensingh rescued
- UN expert blames Saudi for Khasuggi Killing
- 4 charged with murder over downing of MH17
- Bangladesh achieves fastest growth in Asia-Pacific
- Use your phone as a robot to avoid boring work !
- Dhaka Abahani thrash Manang Marshyangdhi 5-0
- Monkeys face climate change extinction threat
- Dubai’s Quranic Park landscape to express story of Islam!
- PCB to review cricket side, support personnel`s performance
- Upbeat Tigers take on Australia tomorrow
- SC upholds HC order on minimum age for FF
- UNO to get Pajero worth Tk 90 lakh
- Bangladesh sets global model in cutting poverty says PM in JS
- World No Tobacco Day tomorrow
- New Zealand restrict South Africa to 241
- Colorful pictures emblazon schools environment
- Govt will identify 30 lakh martyrs: PM
- Hilsa’s abundance in Padma-Meghna
- Quader asks to form new committees before national council
- 108th birth anniversary of poet Sufia Kamal tomorrow
- India opener Dhawan out of World Cup
- Govt to introduce health insurance for all: PM
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- England wins beating Windies
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- Probe report submission deferred again
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- Gayle falls for duck!
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- Bangladesh informs UN about Myanmar’s non-cooperation
- Facing measles outbreaks, NY bans religious vaccination exemption
- Caribbeans set 322-run target for Tigers
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- Australia won by 87 runs
- Most-detailed-ever; black hole mystery disclosure
- Public exam pass marks 40, no GPA 5
- Uday Hakim joins risingbd as Advisory Editor
- RAB revealed mystery of Sensational Shakib murder
- Suspect pleads not guilty to all 92 charges