Beauty queen Oishee in top 20
Published: 06:03 PM, 4 December 2018 Updated: 06:03 PM, 4 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
The 68th ‘Miss World’ beauty contest is going on with 150 beauty all over the world at Sanya, China. The final event of the beauty contest will be held on December 8.
Meanwhile, Jannatul Ferdous Oishee who crowned as ‘Miss Bangladesh 2018’ is representing Bangladesh in the world’s biggest beauty contest. Currently, she reaches in the top 20 of the event.
Earlier, on Monday, ‘Miss World’s Facebook page posted a status about this Bangladesh’s beauty queen.
They wrote, “After a record 2.2 billion views and 20 million votes by members of the public, Oishee captivating finale of the Head to Head challenge, a shortlist of 20 candidates took to the stage with 90 seconds to present to a panel of judges the work they are doing in their home countries to support ‘Beauty With A Purpose’.”
Jannatul Oishee became the group champion among six in the head-to-head challenge. If she continues like this, she might reach the grand finale of the competition.
That means, she is in the run for becoming “Miss World 2018,” after leaving behind thousands of beautiful contestants from all over the world.
After becoming the group champion, she told, “I am so grateful for this opportunity. I want to go ahead, build and get better.”
“I don’t know how far I’ll go in this competition and what’s going to happen in the grand finale. But I am very happy that I have represented my country,” she added.
Jannatul Ferdous Oishee was born in Matibhanga village of Pirojpur district, in Barisal division. This eighteen-year-old contestant passed her higher secondary examination this year with Science as her major.
She crowned the ‘Miss World Bangladesh 2018’ title by beating 30,000 contestants from the country this year.
- Results of 38th BCS written exam before Eid
- Govt employees salary-allowances May 28
- Mild heat wave likely to continue
- Rajshahi growers likely to export 50 tonnes mango
- Drug trader killed in gunfight with BGB
- 9 nurses pregnant at one hospital at same time
- 2 hijackers killed in Hazaribagh gunfight
- Jubo League leader shot dead in Rangamati
- 6 women among 11 killed in ‘massacre’ at bar
- War would mean ‘end’ of Iran: Trump
- Snatcher killed in Chattogram gunfight
- Today’s sports on TV
- Messi scores twice but Barcelona held
- Blast injures tourists near Giza pyramids
- Simmons to step down as AFG coach after WC
- Exit polls says Modi could assume again as India PM
- Mobile banking transaction limit increased
- Niketa gets AL ticket for Bogura-6 by-poll
- PM host Iftar for freedom fighters and orphans
- Bangladesh will play in semi-final: Akash Chopra
- Pollard, Bravo named in Windies` CWC19 reserves
- Farmers face Tk 11,000 loss per Bigha!
- Security to be beefed up for Eid-ul Fitr: HM
- World Metrology Day tomorrow
- Setaria farming to increase fertility
- Cabinet reshuffle: Murad moved to Info Ministry
- How to pass 65 days?
- Bangladesh`s World Cup mission starts
- Second semifinal to be held at Edgbaston
- May plans ‘bold offer’ to get support deal
- All News »
- Bangladesh easily chased down Ireland`s 292
- Magnitude 7.5 quake hits off Papua New Guinea
- Justice Salma Masud accused of changing court verdict
- People on Mars by 2033 or 2060
- Narayanganj’s Araihazar OC withdrawn
- Bringing flavor back to tomatoes
- Messi scores twice but Barcelona held
- Six killed as bus hits tree in Bagerhat
- May agrees timetable to choose new UK PM
- Protik’s World Cup song ‘Banglar Damal Chelera’
- Poverty rate comes down
- BCL announced full-fledged committee
- PM likely to visit 3 countries
- Quader returns home this evening
- Eid advance bus ticket sale begins
- 3000 tubewells need to free from arsenic
- Quader to join his office today
- Two Rohingya human traffickers killed in gunfight
- Thor actor Isaac Kappy commits suicide
- Active bullock cart, crisis of day laborer
- HC bars use of phrase ‘fake freedom fighter’
- World Telecommunication and Information Society Day today
- Secret of sensational Majed killings revealed
- Man accused in 12 cases killed in gunfight
- Advanced train ticket sale begins May 22
- ‘AL not a political party only, organization also’
- President reaches London
- Magistrate`s car attacked in Ctg
- Tigers storm into final with emphatic win
- Sheikh Hasina’s homecoming day today