Beauty queen Oishee in top 20
Published: 06:03 PM, 4 December 2018 Updated: 06:03 PM, 4 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
The 68th ‘Miss World’ beauty contest is going on with 150 beauty all over the world at Sanya, China. The final event of the beauty contest will be held on December 8.
Meanwhile, Jannatul Ferdous Oishee who crowned as ‘Miss Bangladesh 2018’ is representing Bangladesh in the world’s biggest beauty contest. Currently, she reaches in the top 20 of the event.
Earlier, on Monday, ‘Miss World’s Facebook page posted a status about this Bangladesh’s beauty queen.
They wrote, “After a record 2.2 billion views and 20 million votes by members of the public, Oishee captivating finale of the Head to Head challenge, a shortlist of 20 candidates took to the stage with 90 seconds to present to a panel of judges the work they are doing in their home countries to support ‘Beauty With A Purpose’.”
Jannatul Oishee became the group champion among six in the head-to-head challenge. If she continues like this, she might reach the grand finale of the competition.
That means, she is in the run for becoming “Miss World 2018,” after leaving behind thousands of beautiful contestants from all over the world.
After becoming the group champion, she told, “I am so grateful for this opportunity. I want to go ahead, build and get better.”
“I don’t know how far I’ll go in this competition and what’s going to happen in the grand finale. But I am very happy that I have represented my country,” she added.
Jannatul Ferdous Oishee was born in Matibhanga village of Pirojpur district, in Barisal division. This eighteen-year-old contestant passed her higher secondary examination this year with Science as her major.
She crowned the ‘Miss World Bangladesh 2018’ title by beating 30,000 contestants from the country this year.
- Best exercise for your heart
- Truck carrying aid crosses border: OPPO MP
- Golden jubilee of Bangabandhu title observed
- Palestinians’ pray in long-closed part of Al-Aqsa
- Toxic liquor death stood 102 in Assam
- Sanai’s wedding tunes with ex-Minister
- Venezuela soldiers abandon posts at Colombia border
- PM releases stamp on Bangabandhu title’s golden jubilee
- Fire guilty should be trialed: GM Quader
- Chemical found! Dail 9556014
- Scout for free from militant, drugs: AG Minister
- Snow to strike Britain again freeze!
- Chemical godowns shift starts
- Tobacco use Loss over Tk 30,000 cr per yr
- Our fight is for Kashmir, Not against Kashmiris: Modi
- Vidya on banning Pakistani artistes in India
- 300 vehicles on fire near Bengaluru Air Show
- Mithila again in love!
- Savings Week 2019 begins in Rajshahi
- John Keats recall; Physician to Poet
- Mendis, Fernando carry Sri Lanka to historic win
- Cleanliness crush program in RMCH
- BCL declers Shovon-Rabbani pannel
- Marshall Islands consider radical measures
- NASA’s new DNA for alien search
- Salman Shah`s death report submission date deferred again
- Guaido defies travel ban
- AL nomination meeting today
- Assam toxic liquor death toll mounts to 84
- Mola in ponds improves others` nutritional quality
- All News »
- Pakistan summons Indian envoy to protest `baseless allegations`
- Another spell of gas suspension in Capital Tuesday
- 16 burnt, 50 injured in Churihatta fire
- JnU BCL committee dissolved
- BCL factional clash hurt 45 in JnU
- Daily Bangladesh mourns death in Chawkbazar fire
- 1 killed as tree fall in capital, 7 injured
- Drug trader hurt in Chatmohor gunfight
- Mithun`s fifty takes Bangladesh to 226
- Gas supply shutdown in Dhaka including Savar
- Nation set to pay homage to language martyrs
- Ali, employee of Daily Bangladesh, injured in road crash
- Barcelona, Man City to play tonight
- Japan probe Hayabusa2 makes asteroid landing
- NZ clinch ODI series 2-0 against Tigers
- “’Fagun Haway’ will inspire new generation in patriotism”
- Death toll in Nigeria attack doubles to 130
- Samsung to launch US retail stores in smartphone push
- Prominent poet Al Mahmud dies
- Last tributes to poet Al Mahmud at Bangla Academy
- 1st phase of nomination withdrawal ends today
- General Osmani’s 35th death anniversary today
- Sadhan urges officials to brighten up govt image
- Zulfikar Ali will survive if he got your help
- SERG Zahurul Haque’s death anniversary observed
- No pardon for drug traders: IGP
- India shouldn`t play Pakistan in World Cup: Harbhajan
- Maduro blasts US for ‘stealing’
- Saudi Arabia strikes $10bn China deal
- Shop gutted in Sylhet fire