B`baria train crash: All deceased identified
Published: 07:47 PM, 12 November 2019 Updated: 08:18 PM, 12 November 2019
Sixteen train passengers were identified who killed in a clash between Turna Nishita Express and Udayan Express at Koshba of Brahmanbaria last night.
The deceased are - Soha Moni of Brahmanbaria Sadar, Kulsum Begum of Chandpur Sadar, Farzana, Mujibul Rahman of Hajiganj, Kakali of Haimchar, Ripon Mia of Habiganj, Yasin Arafat of Bhollar of Habiganj, Ali Mohammad Yusuf of Anowerpur, Sujon Ahmed and Piyara Begum of Chunarughat, Al Amin, Adiba of Baniarchar, Robi Harijan of Maizidi of Noakhali, Jaheda Khatun of Moulvibazar.
Four of the 10 bodies that kept in the temporary camp near the scene were handed over to their respective families. At this time, District Administration hand over Tk 25,000 each to victim families.
Civil Surgeon Dr. Shah Alam said Among the injured 39 were admitted to Brahmanbaria Sadar Hospital. Ten of them are in critical condition.
Earlier, three persons were admitted to Dhaka Medical College Hospital, 12 to Comilla CMH and Sadar Hospital, four to Akhaura and Koshaba Upazila Hospital.
The deadly collision between Dhaka-bound Turna Nishita Express from Chattogram and Chattogram-bound Udayan Express from Sylhet took place around 3.20am, said Deputy Commissioner Hayat-Ud-Dowllah Khan, who visited the spot right after the crash.
Akhaura Railway Police Station Officer-in-Charge Shyamla Kanti Das said that the clash between Udayan Express from Sylhet and Turna Nishita Express from leaves six dead on the spot and three others died on the way to hospital while seven died after being taken to hospital.
Railway Minister Nurul Islam Sujan has announced compensation of Tk 1 lakh to the families of the dead and Tk 10,000 each to the victims who received injury.
- Tk 200 note to hit market soon
- Gazipur fan factory fire kills 10
- Govt working to make armed forces more modern: PM
- Hasan urges foreign journos to project Bangladesh dev
- Saifuddin desperate to make a comeback
- China`s state TV pulls live Arsenal game
- Road crash kills woman in Capital
- UCBL- Sylhet Range Police sign agreement
- Pepper-water mixture relieves throat sore in two minute
- Road accidents kill 2 in Mohanpur
- Why Mushfiqur included IPL auction?
- HC rules against illegal rail crossings
- We have good bilateral relations with India: Quader
- IUTA election in Islamic University
- Preparation afoot to observe victory day in Khulna tomorrow
- DMP detained 75 in anti-narcotic drive
- 6.8 magnitude earthquake in Philippines
- Buy 1 Saree get 1 kg onion free!
- JU adorned with Victory joy
- Motorcyclist killed in Rajshahi
- NZ volcano: Death toll rises to 16 with two still missing
- National Memorial prepared for Victory Day
- Shabnur returns!
- Dry weather likely over country
- 14 killed in Nepal bus crash
- Man held with 600 bottles of phensedyl
- Former Sudan President sentenced to 2 years detention
- List of 10,789 Razakars published
- Tourist attractions in Sylhet
- Coutinho hits hat-trick as Bayern rout Werder Bremen
- All News »
- Bangladeshi student secures top position in Bar at law
- Salman-Katrina arrive Dhaka
- Tahsan marry to Shaon!
- Andrew Kishore dies; what the next
- Salman-Katrina to inebriate BPL stage
- Myanmar state counselor titles ‘Rohingya genocide’ as minor issue
- Srijit-Mithila’s honeymoon picture goes viral
- Miss South Africa crowns Miss Universe 2019
- Rumpa’s ‘boyfriend’ Saikat on 4-day remand
- Rohingyas’ acute detest on Myanmar
- Myanmar admits the army used excessive force on Rohingya
- Ethiopian PM Abiy Ahmed receives Nobel Peace Prize
- Rights groups call for Myanmar boycott
- Salman pays tributes to Bangabandhu
- ‘Brutal massacre of Myanmar against Rohingya should be stopped’
- Musician, vocalist Prithwi Raj passes away
- ‘Myanmar’s Rohingya repatriation promise a fraudulent act’
- Polio returns to haunt Malaysia after 27 yrs
- 500-yr-old eggs found unbroken in Chinese tomb
- At top court, Myanmar urged to `stop genocide of own people`
- US tightens sanctions on Myanmar army chief
- Just 3 days ‘Tui Ki Amar Hobi Re’ crossed 1 million
- Chattogram Challengers unveiled Jersey
- Myanmar army chief’s Facebook account suspended
- North Korea conducts ‘very important test’
- Padma Bridge 2.7-km visible now
- Myanmar fails to provide evidence to defend genocide charge
- Holy Fateha-e-Yazdaham today
- Cardi B returns to court over strip club brawl allegations
- Chile military plane disappears with 38 aboard