Barguna murder: HC seeks info about ‘action’ taken within noon
Published: 02:15 PM, 27 June 2019 Updated: 05:28 PM, 27 June 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
The High Court has asked the law enforcing agencies to know what action has been taken at the brutal killing of Rifat Sharif, who was hacked to death with sharp weapon in front of his wife in broad daylight in Barguna.
The court has also expressed astonishment and shocked at the brutal murder and said it is very shocking that nobody came forward to protect Rifat when he was being attacked.
On Thursday, Deputy Attorney General Barrister ABM Abdullah Al Mahmud Bashar has been asked Barguna DC and the SP to inform the High Court about the matter within 2:00 pm.
On Wednesday (June 26) at around 10:30 am, Shah Neyaz Rifat Sharif was publicly hacked at Barguna Government College area in front of his wife. The video of murder spread on social media Facebook and later created public condemnation.
In the video, it was seen that two youths hacked Rifat with sharp weapon. During that, Rifa’s wife Ayesha Siddika Minny tried to resist the two youths repeatedly. Some people were seen standing nearby. But no one came forward to help.
The two youths that were seen in the video of Rifat’s assassination- one is Nayan Bond and another Rifat Farazi, according to witnesses.
They are involved in hijacking and drug abuse and other misdeeds. They were arrested several times for these incidents.
Meanwhile, police arrested a youth named Chandan on Wednesday night for the murder of Rifat.
on Wednesday night, police arrested a young man named Chandan in connection with the murder of Sharif. Barguna Superintendent of Police Maruf Hossain confirmed the matter and said the police drives continue to arrest those involved in the incident. “No one will be exempted.”
“Two months ago, Rifat married Minny, daughter of Kishore of Police Line area. Claiming his former wife, a youth named Nayan of West College Road started teasing and posted offensive images on Facebook. For this, enmity was created between Rifat and Nayan. Due to this, Nayan, Rifat Farazi, Rishan Farazi, and Rabbi Akon hacked Rifat by machete,” said Rifat’s father Dulal Sharif.
Meanwhile, Rifat’s father filed a murder case against 12 people on Wednesday night. Police arrested Chandan, the fourth accused in the case. However, when and where Chandan was arrested, police did not agree to provide any information for the sake of investigation.
- Australia bowled out for 250
- 231 students` result changes in review
- Protest for free elections in Russia
- Biman’s return Hajj flight lands in Dhaka
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- Quader alerts AL men to BNP-Jamaat conspiracies
- BCB announces prelim squad for AFG test, Tri-series
- App launches to prevent dengue
- Cop caught taking bribe day after getting best constable award
- Facebook adds Chakma as 2nd Bangladeshi language
- Fire breaks out Delhi hospital
- Masrafe asks BCB for two months to decide future
- 4 of a family burnt in Gazipur fire
- Rawhide sale suspended till Sunday
- Priyanka Chopra reveals Jonas’ bedroom secret
- 1460 dengue patients hospitalized in 24hrs
- Newlyweds die in road crash returning from honeymoon
- 6 buses fined for charging extra fare
- Soumitra transferred to cabin from ICU
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- Kid drowns in Shakhipur
- Smartphone for blood pressure detection
- First return Hajj flight arrives in Dhaka
- Mgst described severe suffering in govt hospital
- Russell Domingo appointed Tigers’ head coach
- Eight killed in Ukraine hotel fire
- No MoU, 2 FMs dialog only
- College student dies of dengue in Magura
- Temperature may rise slightly
- Husband arrested in triple talaq case
- All News »
- Shaykh Muhammad bin Hassan to recite Khutba at Hajj
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- Three movies to be released on Eid
- Heavy rain pours down on Hajj pilgrims at Arafat
- Karchi flood: Death toll rises to 11
- Rabeya opens her eyes, Rokeya still unconscious
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Holly Eid-ul-Azha tomorrow
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- 2m pilgrims gathered in Arafat
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- Holidaymakers suffer in train schedule catastrophe
- Man. City. Everton to play tonight
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- PM visits conjoined twins Rabeya, Rukaya at CMH
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- Tailback, heat forced passengers becomes ill
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- 7 plays of Humayun to be aired on Eid
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC