Barapukuria graft case: Khaleda asked to appear Mar 13
Published: 03:59 PM, 26 February 2019
BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia has been asked to appear before the court on March 13 in connection to Barapukuria coal mine graft case.
Judge ASM Ruhul Imran of Dhaka Special Judges’ Court-2 placed the summons on Khaleda, now in jail, and eight others after hearing on Tuesday morning.
Public Prosecutor of Anti Corruption Commission (ACC) Mosharraf Hossain Kajol placed High Court order on Monday that vacated the stay on this case’s trial before the court.
The court also allowed the ACC petition to issue a production warrant against Khaleda Zia, who is now on bail in this case but was earlier convicted for 17 years in connection with Zia Orphanage and Zia Charitable Trust graft cases.
Earlier on October 5, 2008, the ACC pressed charges against Khaleda and 15 others in the Barapukuria coalmine graft case.
Seven persons including former finance minister Saifur Rahman were dropped from charge sheet after their death.
On February 26, 2008, the ACC filed the case with Shahbagh police accusing 16 people including Khaleda and ten of her former cabinet colleagues of taking Tk 159 crore in kickbacks on the Barapukuria coalmine deal awarded to the highest bidder.
- Farmer killed by cousin
- ‘Amar Bhaier Rokte Rangano’- sung by 17 countries’ students
- West Indies seal easy victory over Thailand
- Robber killed in Sylhet gunfight
- BD up 6 notches on global terrorism index
- Bangladesh ahead despite Ervine`s ton
- 4 killed as pickup van overturns in Tangail
- Tk 200 bank notes, gold and silver coins to be launched
- Thousands children pay floral tribute at wall-painted Shaheed Minar
- Thailand set 79 to win for West Indies
- Malaysian Human Resources Minister due in Dhaka today
- Natural ways to improve memory
- Youth killed in Manikganj road crash
- Thailand Women opt to bat
- Coronavirus: 35 infected identified in USA
- Rain likely in next 72 hours
- Chance to control is narrowing; says WHO
- Jisshu in love with Kangana!
- Sean Williams becomes father of baby girl
- Woman’s body found in Banana orchard
- 120 terrorists killed in Niger military operation
- Corona masks first wedding kiss
- Businessman slaughtered in Netrokona, another missing
- SME products fair begins in Magura
- Haaland named UCL ‘Player of the Week’
- Corone strikes Middle East, death toll surges
- Google bans nearly 600 apps from Play Store
- 112 more die of coronavirus
- Italian dies from coronavirus
- Fly to space at TK 6 cr only!
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Good news to honey farmers
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Death toll in China surges past 1,500
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Coronavirus infected more than 67,000 globally
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- Another Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in Singapore
- Wuhan hospital chief dies of coronavirus
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Dhaka-10 by-polls; Those who are in talks
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Corona in Singapore: Another Bangladeshi identified
- Padma Bridge’s 25th span to be installed on Language Day
- BUET avoids combined admission test