Bank loan generates 20K entrepreneurs in Rajshahi
Published: 07:09 PM, 3 March 2019 Updated: 07:20 PM, 3 March 2019
Rezaul Haque, 45, has installed commercial fish farming on 95 bighas of water bodies at Sundarpur area under Paba Upazila in the district.
After getting training from Department of Fisheries and Department of Youth Development Rezaul had initiated the fish farming business around twenty years back. Now, he is a successful fish farmer.
“In the initial stage, I got loan worth Taka 50,000 from Rajshahi branch of Karmasangsthan Bank,” said Rezaul.
He also received financial support from Department of Fisheries and Department of Youth Development at that time. At present, his investment has been cumulated to over Taka one crore. Lastly, he borrowed loan of Taka eight lakh from the Karmasangsthan Bank that brings furthermore dynamism into his business.
“I had to realize the nature of the business in first 15 years. But I’m getting success since last five years continuously,” Rezaul said adding that his yearly income has been stood to Taka 10 lakh at present on an average.Fish farming has brought solvency in his family side by side with boosting his level of self-confidence.
Rezaul’s success inspires many others to the fish farming business in the area contributing to meet up gradually mounting protein demands.
Borhan Uddin, 42, another fish farmer of Bagsara village under the same upazila, has invested Taka 75 lakh. He added Taka six lakh to his business on 75 bigha of water body after taking loan from Karmasangsthan Bank freshly.
His investment is expected to a tune of Taka one crore within next one year. Talking to BSS, the entrepreneur said there is no alternative to enhance investment to exist in the business.
Shahajahan Ali, 35, owner of Juthi Bostraloy in Nawhata Municipality Market, said he is running his business with credit support from the state-owned bank for more than last one decade. He terms the loan facility as entrepreneur-friendly.
Mokbul Hossain, 46, owner of Mehedi Shoe store at the same market, said he has enhanced his business volume with the credit support. He repays his loan instalment regularly.
These entrepreneurs are among more than 20,000 others who have built their fortune from zero after getting loan support from the bank that contributes a lot to infusing dynamism into economic condition of the region.
Mizanur Rahman, Manager of Paba Branch of the bank, says many promising youths have become successful entrepreneurs after best uses of the loan privileges. Success has been attained through proper evaluation before giving loan and intensive surveillance after disbursing loan. As a whole, the bank always remains with the borrowers as their consultants.
“We have disbursed loan worth Taka 211.88 crore among 20,936 entrepreneurs on 24 commercial sectors in Rajshahi and Chapainawabgonj
districts till December last during last two decades” said Saleh Muhammad Sirajul Salekin, Regional Manager of the bank.
Recovery rate is over 90 percent and amount of deposit collection is more than Taka 33 crore, he added.
The beneficiaries get services of the bank through its six branches in Rajshahi and two branches in Chapainawabgonj districts.
Banker Sirajul Salekin said the entrepreneurs earned success in various potential fields like fisheries, livestock, small and cottage industri es and various other productive fields.
He identically mentioned that 10,011 entrepreneurs attained significant success in beef fattening in the two districts. They were given loan worth Taka 109 crore which is 52 percent of total disbursement of the bank in the region.
Apart from, 1,155 fish farmers got loan of Taka 17 crore, 1,625 dairy farmers Taka 15 crore, 1,586 small traders Taka 11.58 crore, 74 wooden and steel furnishing traders Taka 5.41 crore, 675 tailors Taka 5 crore, 365 poultry farmers and 608 drug-traders Taka four crore each and 225 handicrafts and cottage manufacturers got Taka 1.91 crore loan.
- FaceApp occupies 15 crore subscribers’ gallery!
- Humanity for animal !
- Bangladeshis among 285 immigrants detained on Iran boarder
- A woman: Dancer to detective
- Humayun Ahmed`s 7th death anniv today
- Bernard topped Bill Gates on Rich List
- ICC debarred Zimbabwe
- PM flies to London
- Put Myanmar for Rohingya return; FM urges US
- PM flies to London tomorrow
- DC conference: Vast responsibility, directives
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- HC’s directive to dispose woman, child repression case in 180 day
- Navy got ‘National Fisheries Award’19 Gold medal
- Boat hats in Manikganj
- 8000 cattle ready for Qurbani market
- Shakib in Cricinfo’s XI; not Kohli
- Beauty of Tanguar Haor in Monsoon
- Illegal expats to return home paying TK 14 thou
- Two sisters drowned in Tangail
- UN chief concerns over Rohingya crisis
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- WASA’s 11 corrupt source found
- HC refuses to interfere on Minni`s remand order
- Indictment hearing in Barapukuria graft case deferred
- Man to die for killing wife in Rajshahi
- DU students block Shahabagh again
- 24 dead in arson attack at Japan studio
- GM Quader appointed JaPa chairman
- All News »
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- HM Ershad passes away
- Two siblings drown in Shariatpur pond
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Ishana announced to leave media after getting married
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- 8 detained for ‘spreading rumor’ over Padma Bridge
- Barcelona sign Atletico Madrid forward Griezmann
- Senior sports journalist Ajay Barua dies
- Flood situation worsened in Lalmonirhat
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Torrential rain marooned 30,000 people in Bandarban
- Stay alert to tackle flood: PM
- Accused stabbed dead by another in front of judge in court
- Bangladesh makes significant stride in poverty reduction: UN
- Ershad’s body in Rangpur
- How to get HSC result
- Sohel Rana speechless on Ershad’s death
- PM to inaugurate ‘Benapole Express’ Wednesday