Bangladesh’s remittance inflow rises: Finance Minister
Published: 05:33 PM, 22 June 2019 Updated: 09:27 PM, 22 June 2019
The remittance sent by expatriate Bangladeshis has increased, said Finance Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal. The expatriate Bangladeshi workers have sent home around $15,059 million in just-concluded 2018-19, year, which is $1,462 million more than the remittance sent in the previous financial year.
He said this in response to a question raised in the Jatiya Sangsad by Jhenaidah-4 constituency MP Anwarul Azim.
In reply to a question from the reserved women's seat MP Begum Lutfun Nesa Khan, he said based on the CIB database that all the Scheduled banks and financial institutions based on December 2018, Number of loan disbursements 1,70,390 person and amount of money is Tk 1,2,315 crore and 19 lakh. Which was 1,11,954 person and Tk 59,105 crore in 2015. In 2018, the number of loan disbursement increased 58, 436 person and the amount of money is Tk 43,210 crore 19 lakh.
Replying to a question from Mokshad Alam, MP of Noakhali-2 constituency, the Finance Minister said that in the current fiscal year (2018-19) till May 2019, the total amount of $5213.39 million was found through donors/agencies. Of these, 4,974.49 million US dollars for loans and 238.9 million US dollars for donations.
The Finance Minister said the Employment Bank established in 1998. Since the bank has been distributing unsecured loans between unemployed youth and youth women on easy terms. At present, the maximum amount of unsecured loan is five lakh taka.
In response to a question by Noakhali-3 constituency MP Mamunur Rashid Kiran, he said that the total number of TIN taxpayers in the country is 40 lakh 37 thousand 429.
- Bribery scam: Ex-ACC Director Basir sent to jail
- New research unveils real cause of heart attack
- Four killed in Narayanganj’s 4 Upazilas
- ‘Stern action if killing people over child lifting rumor’
- 5828 multimedia classrooms installed in Rajshahi
- Sergeant Kibria’s father files writ seeking compensation
- Minni’s bail hearing Jul 30
- Three father of a newborn baby!
- Shokh to play Minni’s role in Eid
- Habits that extremely harmful for liver
- Rain likely to increase, temperature may fall
- Advance train tickets to be sold at 5 spots
- Fire breaks out at CMCH Psychiatry department
- 25 schoolgirls fall sick from laughing too much
- ‘Lion King’ roars as surpassing ‘Avengers’ record
- Ronaldo will not face rape charges
- Critical security flaw found in VLC Player
- Two robbers killed in Sundarbans gunfight
- Large-scale government data hacks in Russia, Bulgaria
- Mehazabien with new story
- Shinzo Abe wins Japan’s upper house poll
- National Public Service Day-2019 today
- Renu lynched in Badda: 2 more held
- Drug peddler killed in Meherpur gunfight
- Suspended ACC director Basir held
- Bangladesh to play warm-up match today
- ‘Child lifters’ rumor: innocence loses life
- Chandrayaan-2: India launches second Moon mission
- WHO to work with DSCC in combating dengue
- Bangladesh U-19 beat England U-19
- All News »
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- Renu lynched in Badda, 3 held
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- Edu Minister`s husband Toufiq Nawaz severely ill
- How to get HSC result
- Bangladesh to play warm-up match today
- Minni sent to jail
- HSC pass rate increases 7.9 pc
- Court dismisses Minni’s two petitions
- Put Myanmar for Rohingya return; FM urges US
- PM to inaugurate ‘Benapole Express’ Wednesday
- Country’s 7th mobile assembling plant to be launched with FDI
- Ershad’s namaz-e-janaza held in Rangpur
- Minni on 5-day remand
- Ershad’s body in Rangpur
- Man accused in 14 cases killed in gunfight
- Google shuts down AdSense on Android, iOS for web
- Another hit of Gully Boy!
- DIG Mizan shown arrested in bribery case
- Humanity for animal !