Bangladeshi tortured to death by BSF
Published: 12:25 PM, 21 December 2017 Updated: 04:17 PM, 19 February 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
The Border Security Force (BSF) of neighbouring India allegedly tortured a Bangladeshi in bordering area in Patgram of Lalmonirhat on Wednesday, leading to his death.
The victim of the BSF torture was Rashidul Islam, 30, a resident of Mominpur village in Zongra union of Patgram upazila. He fathered two sons and one daughter.
Locals said Rashidul went to India’s bordering village Chyangrabanda along with some cattle traders on Tuesday night and fell victim of inhuman torture by the BSF members in the India’s bordering village on Wednesday morning.
Rashidul succumbed to his injuries on his way to Rangpur Medical College Hospital.
Locals said BSF members chased the cattle traders when they were returning home fetching cattle. Although all of his companions managed to reach Bangladesh, Rashidul was caught in the hands of BSF members.
BSF members beat him up mercilessly and later pushed him into Bangladesh territory.
Patgram police station officer-in-charge Obani Shankar Kar said Rashidul body bore “numerous marks of injuries”.
Border Guard Bangladesh’s (BGB) Burimari BGB sadar company commander Subedar Obaidul Haque said he talked to the BSF’s Changrabanda camp company commander Rajesh Kumar, but he denied the incident of BSF torture.
- Motorcyclist killed in Sylhet road crash
- College student dies of dengue in Shariatpur
- Griezmann hits two to seal Barca`s first La Liga win
- Floods kill 62 in Sudan
- Today’s sports on TV
- Mexican journalist stabbed to death
- Do aliens really exist?
- Sub-Editor to be recruited in Daily Bangladesh
- Stokes 135* leads England to epic test win
- Watling, Grandhomme put NZ ahead in 2nd Test
- Miraz rates Bangladesh ahead of Afghanistan Test
- Faridpur road crash kills cyclist
- Hilsa abound in sea, very few in rivers
- Man jailed for honey!
- Purnima demands excess payment
- `If Bangabandhu`s killers brought under trial, Zia won`t killed`
- Bermuda Triangle: Mystery Museum on earth
- Prof Muzaffar laid to rest with state honor
- Two die as bus hits van in Madaripur
- Truck ramps private car, driver killed
- Bangladesh U-15 outclasses Sri Lanka in 7-1 win
- Ex-Eden College principal murder: Charge sheet accepted
- Wari girl Saima rape, murder: Probe report Sept 16
- Don’t go abroad being deceived by broker: PM
- Yield, market price brings smile on jute growers
- Rain likely across country
- HC orders to remove word ‘Kumari’ from Kabinnama
- Trump confident on Brexit talks
- NASA to prob ‘first crime’ in space
- Messi to miss Barcelona`s game at Real Betis
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Yarsagumba: World’s most expensive medicinal fungus
- Amazon: lungs of the planet
- DU increases registration time for 52nd convocation
- Aghoris: The ‘Black Magicians’!
- Razia Sultana: First lady ruler in India
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- PEC exam schedule published
- Kamrup Kamakhya: Mystery of India
- New journey of Ranu Pagli !
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- Apu Biswas comebacks
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- Rayudu promises IPL return for CSK
- All you need to know about Islamic New Year
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- A new milestone for Purnima
- Govt to recruit 61 thousand primary teacher
- ‘DC Ahmed Kabir will be received exemplary punishment’
- Daily ‘polypill’ reduces heart disease, stroke: study
- 21st August: 15 yrs of bloody chapter
- Champions League qualifying match tonight
- Srijit a very good friend of mine: Mithila
- Elnaaz Norouzi: Iranian actress storms over social media
- 9th wage board: Hearing on state appeal ends
- 3 mobile operators gave Tk 9k crore to google-Facebook
- ‘National School Meal Act-2019’ draft approves
- Hardware security keys for Two-Factor Authentication!
- I am half Sindhi, half Peshawar: Sonam Kapoor
- No bar to publish 9th wage board gazette