Bangladeshi blogger’s body recovered in Germany
Published: 11:11 AM, 20 December 2018 Updated: 08:45 PM, 23 December 2018
The body of a Bangladeshi young girl named Arpita Roy Chowdhury has been recovered from her residence in Gansund Brunen area of Berlin, Germany. Her real name is Tamalika Singh.
The German police found the body of Arpita on Tuesday night after receiving the news.
On Wednesday night, a Bangladeshi neighbor of Arpita told that her village is in Netrokona, Bangladesh.
He said, “Before coming to Germany, she lived in Dhaka. She used to write blogs about contemporary politics and events in the country. Because of which Arpita quickly became the target of fundamentalists. In June 2017, she went to Germany with a Pen Club scholarship of Germany authors’ organization.”
The neighbor also said that the light of Arpita’s house is not seen for some days. Later, he informed officials of Pen Club on December 14. Four days later, on Tuesday, a volunteer from Berlin Pen Club saw the body of Arpita lying while the door opened with another key.
German Pen Club spokesman Felix Haller confirmed the death of Arpita and told the media that they were very shocked and saddened by the incident. “Nothing could be said before police investigation,” he said.
It is known that Arpita conducted a blog called ‘Nabajug’ in collaboration with another Bangladeshi expatriate blogger Jubair Sandhi. They started a literature blog named ‘Angshumali’ recently.
According to the police, the body of the Arpita Roy Chowdhury was recovered from her house. However, police have not yet commented on the cause of her death.
The police have been informed about the incident being investigated. There is no known information about whether her body will be taken to the country after the autopsy.
London expatriate poet and writer Abu Maksud said, “Arpita was progressive thinking people. She was suffering from insecurity in her country, just for expressing her opinion. Her family was also very concerned about her.”
- Boris Johnson shifted to ICU
- France records nearly 9000 deaths in coronavirus infection
- Coronavirus death toll surpasses 10, 000 in US
- Coronavirus death toll surging to 74000
- 3 more detected with coronavirus in Keraniganj, area ‘lockdown’
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 72 thousand
- BGMEA, BKMEA urge factory owners to pay wages by Apr 16
- MP distributes food items among 5,000 families
- Coronavirus patient detected in Narsingdi
- Rangamati Zilla Parishad to distribute relief to 1,500 families
- Haldarpara goes into lockdown voluntarily
- Irfan-Yusuf distribute 10t rice, 700 kg potato
- Fine for reasonless roaming
- ‘Govt order on mosque correct and veritable’
- Siam-Pori return home finally
- 80 Bangladeshi expats die of coronavirus
- 18 more samples tested in Chattogram
- Illegal sand lifting amid coronavirus
- Free vegetable markets in Ctg alleys
- 2 former cricketers died
- COVID-19 patients in India rises to 4,553 with 118 death tolls
- Javed is out of danger
- Cabinet orders law enforcers to strictly enforce social distancing
- 9 Tablig members quarantined at mosque
- 905 families get food aid in Godagari
- Elderly man dies at isolation in Chattogram
- Online class facilities for HSC students
- 2 youth in isolation in Habiganj
- Only IEDCR’s information correct: DGHS
- All shops except pharmacies to close by 7pm
- All News »
- School holiday draws to Eid
- Fishermen killed dolphin in Cox’s Bazar
- Corona death mounts to 33,976, infected over .72m
- Corona death toll crosses 40,000; infected over .8 million
- Coronavirus death toll passes 50,000
- Sylhet records 1st coronavirus case
- Padma Bridge’s last pillar work completed
- Army to go tough from today
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 51
- Italy coronavirus death toll surpass 12,000
- Death toll passes 42,000 worldwide
- 5 more test positive for coronavirus, raising total to 61
- Salman Khan`s nephew Abdullah dies at 38
- 11 in Mirpur, 9 in Bashabo contract from coronavirus
- Fire at Karwan Bazar
- PM declares action plan to combat COVID-19 today
- Indian-origin South African HIV researcher dies from coronavirus
- BTV bringing back Humayun Ahmed’s ‘Bohubrihi’ ‘Kothao Keu Nei’
- John Prine critically ill with coronavirus
- Coronavirus: New symptom heart attack
- Comedian Ken Shimura died of coronavirus
- Wimbledon cancelled for first time since World War II
- US singer Joe Diffie dies of coronavirus
- Coronavirus case rises to 49 in country
- Nobel Prize winner Malala in quarantine
- Corona epidemic: Spain record 821 more deaths in a day
- Citywide quarantine in Moscow
- Soldiers get urgent medical equips from Army Aviation
- Case filed for ‘Genda Phool’!
- US experienced highest death record in a day