SA Games Archery
Bangladeshi archers shine on opening day
Published: 08:36 PM, 6 December 2019 Updated: 08:46 PM, 6 December 2019
Bangladeshi celebrated archer Mohammad Ruman Shana finished top scoring 686 in the men’s recurve singles ranking round on the first day of archery discipline of the 13th South Asian Games at Pokhara Stadium in Nepal on Friday.
Another Bangladeshi archer Mohammad Tamimul Islam finished 4th scoring 660 in the men’s recurve singles ranking round.
Shana will play against Ashim Sherchan of Nepal and Tamimul will against Lam Dorji of Bhutan in their quarterfinal matches on Saturday.
In the day’s women’s recurve singles ranking round, Eti Khatun finished top scoring 532 and Mehnaz Aktar Monira finished 2nd scoring 625.
Eti will play against Rai Mitra of Nepal and Monira will against Aisha Tamang of Nepal in their quarterfinals on Saturday.
In the men’s compound singles ranking round, Sohel Rana finished 2nd scoring 690 and Ashim Kumar Das finished 3rd scoring 688.
Sohel will play against Sanatah Malla and Ashim will play against Udaya Perera of Sri Lanka in their quarterfinals on Saturday.
In the women’s compound singles ranking round, Susmita Banik finished top scoring 685 and Suma Bishwash finished 2nd scoring 682. Both Susmita and Suma reached semifinal with the ‘Byes’.
Bangladesh will play against hosts Nepal in men’s recurve team semifinals, women’s recurve team semifinals, recurve mixed team semifinals and men’s compound semifinals on Saturday while Bangladesh women’s compound team and mixed compound team reached final with the ‘Byes’.
- Four poppy fields destroyed in Bandarban
- Sportsman of the year Ruman Sana, Cricketer Shakib
- Continuity of government made Bangladesh’s uplift visible: PM
- Jr Tigers becomes ‘C’ group champion
- Volleyball tournament in Sherpur on Mujib Year
- Trump to sign US-Mexico-Canada trade deal
- China shut down 13 cities as virus toll climbs
- Thai Exim Bank, JBIC keen to invest Bangladesh sugar mills
- Main accused of Sabujbagh child-rape case arrested
- What Mahmudullah said after losing to Pakistan
- UK welcomes ICJ ruling, asks Myanmar to comply
- ‘Dwitiyo Purush’ expected to release in Bangladesh
- ‘Occupied playground will be restored’
- Technical education to be compulsory
- Woman dies wrapping warm-clothes with auto
- ICJ’s verdict important: Nasima Begum
- `Steps will be taken to increase onion production`
- Merchant killed in Bogura, 1 arrested
- Cricket tournament in Meherpur on Mujib Year
- Elderly Body found in Sylhet
- Mimi got stuck in oil ad
- USA crackdown visas for pregnant foreigners
- 3 drug dealers fined in Mujibnagar
- Man dies fallen from petrol pump roof in Ashulia
- Bangladesh starts Pakistan tour with loss
- BNP, the worst opposition party: Quader
- 5,000 students get scholarship of Jahangir Alam Foundation
- DU to host special convocation for Bangabandhu Sep 5
- Katrina, Vicky chill together
- Anti-US demonstration protest in Iraq
- All News »
- BPL`s Man of the tournament winners
- Cox’s Bazar-St. Martin ship to be launched February
- Dhaka city elections deferred to Feb 1
- Jashore car accident kills 3 including 2 sisters
- ICJ orders Myanmar to protect Rohingya, to preserve evidence
- Actress Ishrat Nishat passes away
- Pakistan snowfall death toll rises to 104
- Ijtema ends seeking global peace, unity
- Man suicides killing 4 in Maulvibazar: Story revealed
- China virus deaths rise to 17, heightening global alarm
- Coronavirus: Everything you need to know
- MP Abdul Mannan passes away
- Two siblings among 3 electrocuted in Hazaribagh
- Khulna faces Rajshahi in BPL final today
- Gabtoli turmoil after throwing eggs
- Bride’s mother elopes with groom’s father
- Bangladesh enters e-Passport era
- Lawmaker Abdul Mannan in ICU
- Bangladesh meet Burundi in semifinal today
- Top 5 batsmen in Bangabandhu BPL
- High levels of Uranium found in Cox’s Bazar
- Ronaldo makes accidental kiss to Dybala
- World court’s four orders against Myanmar
- 5 held with marijuana in Sirajganj
- E-passport to be launched today
- DMP’s letter to EC to keep close trade fair for 2 days
- ‘Law enforcers will work under EC directives’
- E-passport is a ‘Mujib Barsho’ gift for nation: PM
- SSC-equivalent exam rescheduled
- Over 100 killed in Yemen missile, drone attack